Just bought centofante 3

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BadFish

Just bought centofante 3

Post by BadFish »

Well as the title said I had fifty dollars to burn. Browsing eBay saw a centofante3 for 45$. It was an impulse buy and I just wanted any info you guy would like to share or any personal opinions. Any and all are welcome
araneae

Post by araneae »

Its a nice lightweight, classy design and a good slicer with a thinner blade stock. I killed an apple with mine yesterday. Just be careful when you close it, the blade goes all the way to the handle.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

awesome knife for edc. light but has a decent size handle.
very cool looking blade shape that is thin for slicing goodness.
easy to sharpen & takes a nice sharp edge.. tho I spose that applies to pretty much all vg10 blades.
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
angusW

Post by angusW »

Seems to be seeing a lot of people showing off their Centofante 3's lately. Going to have to check it out some day.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

araneae wrote:the blade goes all the way to the handle.
As a blade really should.... :D

I had one in my hand last trip to my local. And just didn't pull the trigger, but I will soon. It is comfortable, and light. I like it a lot.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I can't wait to use this knife on my morel hunting trips. What's best way to clean and dry a riveted knife?
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I like mine a lot too. It feels great in the hand and that thin blade slices nicely. I dont carry mine though.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Even though they are riveted, my cento three and four are the smoothest lockbacks I have. Awesome blades from the most classiest of men .
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I just recently posted a pic of mine I got for Christmas and I am still loving it! I think it has caused about 4-5 people at work to really look into getting a Spyderco now.
-Brian

Byrd Meadowlark |Centofante3(the beginning :eek: ) Para2 Orange | Delica4 FRN | | Sage 3 | Ladybug Salt HB | Tenacious
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

BadFish wrote:I can't wait to use this knife on my morel hunting trips. What's best way to clean and dry a riveted knife?
Clean in the normal fashion, dish soap, then maybe use compressed air to really make sure that the water is out of there. If you want to be really sure, use some wd-40 to displace any last water, then use compressed air to remove the wd-40, then lube with your favorite lube.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

My Cento3 is the smoothest I own. I love to just fondle this blade. I find the blade grind very pleasing to the eye.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Thanks for the replies I just can't wait for it pretty excited
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

If i ever find another Cento 4 for a decent price i'll probably buy a second one. I wish i could get a Cento 4 with a compression lock.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

Got myself a Cento IV recently and so far I really like the overall size, design and especially the Wharncliffe blade on the Cento IV. It's a very nice sized EDC blade, IMO. The Centos look a bit more classy than your average Spyderco and I totally dig the bug inlay on the handle scale :-) Good price you got there.
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
juggler

Post by juggler »

My very first Spyderco. I didn't know much about knives at the time (not that I'm an expert now...), and I had never seen anything like it, with its clean design and its weird-looking blade (at least it seemed weird back then. Now that I have seen knives such as the Dodo or the Civilian, the Centofante almost seems a bit plain...).

Then I learned to appreciate the strong yet smooth lockback, the comfortable handling and of course the very effective thin blade. I don't use it as much now that I have a few other knives, but I know I'll never part with it.