Need a wallet for front pocket

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knifestyle

Need a wallet for front pocket

Post by Knifestyle »

I've finally gotten tired of my cheap Eddie Bauer wallet feeling like a brick even when I empty everything out. I'm looking for something small, or simply thin enough to carry in my front pocket with the following objects inside.

6 plastic cards
Small amount of bills
Few business cards
Challenge coin
A few tiny things such as a small coil of fishing line, P-38, etc.

I usually carry a business card rolled with duct tape, but I'll sacrifice that to a different carrying method if it means finding a better wallet. Price has to be affordable, looking for something casual looking without MOLLE straps and loud velcro.
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

I have carried a front pocket wallet for years. Try one of these

http://www.fossil.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 4294967182
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
jackburton9807

Post by jackburton9807 »

Take a look at mighty wallet. They're made of tyvek and will accept as much or as little as you like.

Jeff
PanChango

Post by PanChango »

I've used one of these for years. An outside card pocket on each side and a currency pocket.
I_like_sharp_things

Post by I_like_sharp_things »

I like my Saddleback Leather Co Small wallet.
Spyder Count: 7
Heespharm

Post by Heespharm »

Tanner goods card holder
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

To the OP: I am absolutely IN LOVE with my perforated leather "loss-less" wallet from Civilian Labs. It should handle everything you need and then some. It has a heavy duty steel spring clip to hold it securely in whatever pocket you desire, keeping it at the top of the pocket where it is easily accessable... (hmmm... I wonder if there is anything else that uses a clip in this manner... ;) )

It has magnetic snaps to keep it closed (no the magnets are not strong enough to effect credit cards, Ive had mine for around 2 1/2 years, no problems with this) It has sufficient card room, as well as a slot under the snaps thats meant for holding an emergency house key (or a honey bee... :p ). -Though I have literally been saved a 5 hour drive when I did keep a spare house key in it. WOW what a potentially terrible night that could have been, I was "this" close to throwing a cinder-block through my bay windows and just replacing them the next day. Thankfully I did a quick search and found the "rescue" key and almost cried for joy

Since it is already at the top of my pocket, I use it as a holster to clip my 4 sevens preon 1 every single day (allowing me a light at a moments notice), as well as the occasional D'fly. Also I find that the clip does NOT effect larger knives that I prefer to clip directly to my pocket. (as with my PM2, I clip the knife first, then the wallet, and everything rides nice and flush, very comfortable, and EVERYTHING is at the top of your pocket, good to go!

Here is the website, you will have to go through products and "lossless wallet" to see what I mean! I might post pics of my wallet set up if people have trouble visualizing what I do.

http://www.civilianlab.com/
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

You could check out the rogue wallet. It has a semi arc and a point Profile that approximates the shape of a pocket. A lot of them are made in the USA too. I have one and while it is very thin, it is sOmewhat large for jeans that aren't at least loose fit. I usually wear Levi's 505s for reference.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

I_like_sharp_things wrote:I like my Saddleback Leather Co Small wallet.
X2 on this. I have the medium wallet and love it. The wallets come in many color choices and are made with beautiful leather. Handmade, great fit and finish and priced just right. The interior pockets are lined with pigskin, so theyll never wear out like the cheapo synthetic fabrics used on most wallets. The leather is also think and again, wont wear out like the softened thin leather wallets youd get from macys etc. If some how your wallet does wear out, Saddleback will replace it for FREE! Your warranty is 100 years. I wont have to buy another wallet ever again.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classi ... ategory=87
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Knifestyle

Post by Knifestyle »

Regarding the rogue wallet, which model do you have? How does the leather look as it ages?
angusW

Post by angusW »

jackburton9807 wrote:Take a look at mighty wallet. They're made of tyvek and will accept as much or as little as you like.

Jeff
First time I heard of the Might wallet was your post. Then the wife comes home from the store tonight and had bought one for me. Most of the designs are a bit wacky for my tastes but she got one with a pic of the moon landing on it. I think I'll just use mine when I want to travel light.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
picobrain

Post by picobrain »

I like the bigskinny wallet. They last a couple years and are nice and thin.

http://www.bigskinny.net/sport-wallet-c ... brown.html

peace
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Again, why buy a wallet you need to replace every few years when you can get one that will last a lifetime.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

If you have kydex, you can always just make one. I made one, but was leaning more towards an ultralight wallet. Basically, there can be 2-6 cards clamped between one sheet of folded kydex, and a cutout is bent over to form a money clip on the otherside. Your money's on the outside, but it is very thin.
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
flex80

Post by flex80 »

I too carry a mighty wallet. On my third one. The last a good while and sometimes I get asked what kind of wallet it is, due to some of the designs I bought. I can carry total of 4 credit cards, 4 gift cards, my drivers license, insurance cards, cash, and little MightyWallet tags. Slim profile.

http://www.mightywallets.com/
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

Anyone have a Maxpedition "Micro"? I've seen good reviews of them, and found them as low as $7.99.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/MIC ... -11p86.htm
kens73

Post by kens73 »

http://www.bmfwallets.com

4 years and still going :D

***sorry just realized you wanted front pocket carry***
Lost count ... :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Super Blue Lover
jwh

Post by jwh »

I also was in need of a new wallet. I have a Fossil Checkbook wallet that's about six years old and starting to tear. After checking out all of the recommendations in this thread I decided on Saddleback Leather Company. I ordered the Large Bi-Fold yesterday. No, it will not fit in your front pocket but it looks like it will do what I need it to for many years to come.
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
angusW

Post by angusW »

When my wife and I were dating she bought me a Porsche wallet. It's made out of nice leather and after almost 12 years is still going strong. I have about 10 or 11 cards in it, a few pics and a couple bills and carry it in the front pocket. It is, IMHO, a bit expensive but all the other cheap leather wallets I had before only lasted a couple years. I see this one lasting many years to come.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies