Manix XL vs Manix 2 comparison

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
BSBG

Manix XL vs Manix 2 comparison

Post by BSBG »

In some pics the XL looks huge compared to the standard, others it does not. In the hand it is a lot bigger :D

I have too many expensive hobbies to even consider another one.
wquiles

Post by wquiles »

Excellent pictures - thanks much ;)

Will
IG-88

Post by IG-88 »

Nice Pics!!! Thx for the comparison!!!
Current EDC: Techno, Squeak, Southard Flipper, Caly 3.5

New Arrivals: Chap3, Domino, Sage 3

2014 Wishlist: Yo2 CF, Deviant Friction, Tatanka, Tusk, Firefly

Oldies Wishlist: Delica CF PE, Civilian CF PE
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Thanks for this!

Can you do me a favor? When both are closed, can you measure from spine to top of blade? I know the Manix 2 is roughly 2" IIRC, but wanted to know about the XL

I'd appreciate it. I think the Manix2 is the widest knife I have and would want from spine to top of blade.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

I'll do that tomorrow - until then:

BAL

Post by BAL »

Thanks for the pics BSBG, I have been wanting to see a comparision of the two.
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

INFRNL wrote:Thanks for this!

Can you do me a favor? When both are closed, can you measure from spine to top of blade? I know the Manix 2 is roughly 2" IIRC, but wanted to know about the XL

I'd appreciate it. I think the Manix2 is the widest knife I have and would want from spine to top of blade.
There is not that much difference - I get 1.7" for the standard, 1.875 for the XL.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Sweet, Thanks for doing that for me! I will have to get one of these in the near future
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

What a beast...

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

My Manix XL should be here Saturday!!! The Manix 2 was one of the models that I wanted to see in a larger size and now I'll own it. Oh yeah!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

you dont by chance have an original C95 Manix to compare the new one to? i have one on the way to compare to my old one but you know how it is, you want to know right now..lol.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
mikeh99

Post by mikeh99 »

The Manix2 is my fav EDC. But am I the only one not liking the position of the clip on the XL? So much for deep pocket carry.

Mike
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

mikeh99 wrote:The Manix2 is my fav EDC. But am I the only one not liking the position of the clip on the XL? So much for deep pocket carry.

Mike
Didn't pay that much attention. It is kind of weird thay didn't put it in the same location. That location will make it stick out about an inch or so; thats quite a bit. Maybe its not too bad in real life. Someone needs to comment on this.
Cobra4246

Post by Cobra4246 »

Great pics thanks for posting them. :spyder:
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

It definitely rides higher than the MX2, but I don't find it a big deal. The "pinkie hook" sits above the pocket and adds some extra grip purchase when drawing.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i had foliage green sprint of the manix xl, i couldnt imagine edcing that knive it was a massive tank, way too big for me and my pocket but it had the best lock up with the sound to go with it.
BAL

Post by BAL »

It's funny too how the positioning of the two knives affect the way that we perceive them. In some the XL looks HUGE and others (on top of each other) not so much.

Another example, my eyes perceive that I need an XL, my VISA perceives other. The wife perceives .... well lets not go there. we'll just say she is more on the side of Mr. VISA.
knives_r'us

Post by knives_r'us »

Nice pics , good comparison! Thank you!
GLOCKCRAZZ

Post by GLOCKCRAZZ »

Thanks for the pics.
bchan

Post by bchan »

Hello to the OP, apart from size are there any differences between the XL and the regular Manix 2? Are the liners in the XL skeletonized? Thanks!