Yesssssssssssssssssss BLUE PARA 2 shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Slash

Post by Slash »

mikerestivo wrote:Seems like someone got theirs already - there is one up for auction on E-bay.
Yep, what's even funnier is that it will probably go for more than what bbs is currently selling them for.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

It most likely will. Take a look at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPYDERCO-MANIX- ... _500wt_715
12 sold at $210 + $8 Shipping? ....BBS still has 'em in stock for $154 + About $10 for S&H + Insurance. I don't get it?

I wonder how many have bought this manix sprint not knowing that CPM-M4 is not a stainless steel?

Back on topic; The pictures of the PM2 in the eBay listing look very nice.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

MachSchnell wrote:12 sold at $210 + $8 Shipping? ....BBS still has 'em in stock for $154 + About $10 for S&H + Insurance. I don't get it?
BentoBox Shop does not ship internationally and that ebay dealer probably does. Perhaps these 12 were purchased by fellow collectors overseas?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

mikerestivo wrote:Seems like someone got theirs already - there is one up for auction on E-bay.
It's a numbered knife (Collector's club) and they usually get theirs before everyone else does. A perk of being in the club. The guy selling it is actually a pretty nice guy. He owns a B&M store near me and I stopped in and talked with him for a bit one day. They have a pretty good selection of Spydies in-store, so it was nice to get to hold a few Spydies that I never planned on buying but was always curious how they felt in-hand.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Slash wrote:Yep, what's even funnier is that it will probably go for more than what bbs is currently selling them for.
Dollars to donuts you will see these on ebay in the $300 to $500 range before summer rolls around.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Jay_Ev wrote:BentoBox Shop does not ship internationally and that ebay dealer probably does. Perhaps these 12 were purchased by fellow collectors overseas?
That would make sense why there was a brief international pre-order for the M390 PM2. It must suck to have to deal with international shipping hassle and highly inflated prices.
Jay_Ev wrote:Dollars to donuts you will see these on ebay in the $300 to $500 range before summer rolls around.
I can't wait to see what the CF M390 Military's will go for. :eek:

People are so greedy taking advantage of honest people who aren't ITK. I totally disagree with this business ethic, but that's what supply and demand is for... right? :Thumbs down:
Slash

Post by Slash »

WHAT, M4 ISN'T STAINLESS..OHH NOO!!!

I pre ordered the cf m390 millie. Which I fully intend to use. I would have got two. But, I know there are gonna be other blades that I'll want. So, no sense being greedy and throwing a knife in my drawer. Even though it will fetch a premium on secondary markets. I would never sell it. Passing it on to a family member is always much more satisfying than having a few more dollars in your pocket.

I think I gave away probably half of what I bought over the years.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Slash wrote:WHAT, M4 ISN'T STAINLESS..OHH NOO!!!

I pre ordered the cf m390 millie. Which I fully intend to use. I would have got two. But, I know there are gonna be other blades that I'll want. So, no sense being greedy and throwing a knife in my drawer. Even though it will fetch a premium on secondary markets. I would never sell it. Passing it on to a family member is always much more satisfying than having a few more dollars in your pocket.

I think I gave away probably half of what I bought over the years.
I just realized we must be long lost brother's :D :D
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

MachSchnell wrote:That would make sense why there was a brief international pre-order for the M390 PM2. It must suck to have to deal with international shipping hassle and highly inflated prices.

I can't wait to see what the CF M390 Military's will go for. :eek:

People are so greedy taking advantage of honest people who aren't ITK. I totally disagree with this business ethic, but that's what supply and demand is for... right? :Thumbs down:
I guess I don't understand who is being taken advantage of when bidders are doing so willingly on what I see as a luxury item. Most auctions start from $0 and the bidders drive it, not the sellers.

If this were a necessary consumable (like food, gasoline) then I could see it being exploitation. Like it or not, high-end Spyderco knives are a collectible item for most folks that buy them.

In an instance where the item is still for sale via a vendor, I blame a bidder by not doing a simple google search or 5 seconds of basic research, if they are over-bidding hundreds on an item, blindly.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Curious to see how quickly BBS ships the pre-paid international orders... I wasn't expecting this 'til a few months into the new year, so I'm not about to start ranting and raving if mine don't ship immediately, but it's a chance for BBS to earn some extra credibility...
—Daniel Jackson
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

Paid for my 2 preorders today. I will probably only be able to keep one though as my financial situation has changed a bit since I pre-ordered them.

The pics on ebay look really nice! Can't wait to see it in person!
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

mikerestivo wrote:Most auctions start from $0 and the bidders drive it, not the sellers.
Not true, nearly all of the s90v sprints and the cts-20cp are sold buy it now ridiculously over msrp. And that is what causes traditional auctions to go for what they do, even though there are very few traditional style auctions of these popular past sprints.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

MachSchnell wrote:Not true, nearly all of the s90v sprints and the cts-20cp are sold buy it now ridiculously over msrp. And that is what causes traditional auctions to go for what they do, even though there are very few traditional style auctions of these popular past sprints.
It is certainly true. If they are buy it now items, then by definition, they are not auctions. An auction has dids. A "buy it now" is just a sale. That's what I mean when I say most bid from $0. Some sellers start their minimum bid at some random number.

We may be talking about different things here. I am referring to auctions, while it seems that you are referring to buy it now listings.

Regardless, your buyers are still driving the market if they are paying for these items by free choice. I still don't take the point that there are folks being exploited with the sprint run system.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

mikerestivo wrote:Regardless, your buyers are still driving the market if they are paying for these items by free choice. I still don't take the point that there are folks being exploited with the sprint run system.
TRVTH. Whatever else is true about eBay, I've never heard of anyone involuntarily making a "purchase." :eek:
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Enough off topic madness. Don't these ship out today for the people who just paid their invoice? I'm excited to see some high res pics!
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

MachSchnell wrote:Enough off topic madness. Don't these ship out today for the people who just paid their invoice? I'm excited to see some high res pics!
Sorry if you found our debate offensive. I did not take it that way, nor did I intend my input to be perceived in that way. I thought that we were having a polite discussion, which I quite enjoyed. I hope to have more with you in the future.

And I would like to get my hands on my Para2 M390 as well. Mine was supposed to have shipped yesterday.
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

MachSchnell wrote:Enough off topic madness. Don't these ship out today for the people who just paid their invoice? I'm excited to see some high res pics!
I think the answer to your question is YES. Does Bento send out shipping notices? Anyone know?
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

No, it was good. But either way I personally will not support any ebay sellers if their prices are out of reason, I actually use blades for other than cutting paper and sitting in a safe or on a shelf. I am not a "collector" and cannot justify collector pricing.

But I feel we sufficiently jacked this thread :D
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Sorry for the idiot, post-drink question, but... How did this eBay seller get the Smurf PM2 if they are BBS exclusives and haven't even been shipped from BBS yet? Yeah, sorry, I don't have a Ph.D. in Spyderco knifeology before the snarkiness engages...
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

-F1 wrote:Sorry for the idiot, post-drink question, but... How did this eBay seller get the Smurf PM2 if they are BBS exclusives and haven't even been shipped from BBS yet? Yeah, sorry, I don't have a Ph.D. in Spyderco knifeology before the snarkiness engages...
It could have been a collector club numbered knife, and as such would not have been exclusive to BBS. Just my guess, anyway.