Yesssssssssssssssssss BLUE PARA 2 shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
-F1

Post by -F1 »

xceptnl wrote:Got my Invoice today, excited about this. Bad timing I agree.
Better now than a week or two ago, probably. If it had been a bit sooner, your financial situation would be the same, but if your mail service is like mine, you'd be watching it sit in one USPS distribution center after another for days on end, aggravating you all the while. Today my mail carrier came and still didn't deliver a First-Class package that shipped from another state on the East coast 5 business days ago. Tracking shows it's been in my area since first thing 3 days ago. Oh well.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Got an invoice from BBS just now, paid it...ships 12/28. Blue G10 and M390 will be very nice.
-F1 wrote:Better now than a week or two ago, probably. If it had been a bit sooner, your financial situation would be the same, but if your mail service is like mine, you'd be watching it sit in one USPS distribution center after another for days on end, aggravating you all the while. Today my mail carrier came and still didn't deliver a First-Class package that shipped from another state on the East coast 5 business days ago. Tracking shows it's been in my area since first thing 3 days ago. Oh well.
Yes, and it isn't likely to get better. On the contrary... :(
-F1

Post by -F1 »

I'd expect it to lighten up a few days after Xmas. Not back to normal but better. Could be wrong.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Checked my email and sure enough, the invoice was waiting. While it was pretty expensive in the first place, it sure ended up being a really expensive bugger after adding in shipping+insurance+CA tax. All I can say is that all the Para 2 hype better be real or I'm gonna feel really put out. ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
-F1

Post by -F1 »

^ How much is shipping? I've already paid the $2.85 for insurance and I assume I won't have to pay sales tax. I feel the same way you do about the "PM2 hype". Never had one before.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Shipping was $6.90, but with the tax and insurance as well, I ended up paying $25.50 more than the listed price. Too bad they couldn't at least offer free shipping like some of their competitors do, especially when you consider the markup on this knife is probably significantly higher than the markup of the competition. I suppose most of the extra cost was tax, so that's what I get for living in the crappy state of CA. High cost of living, unaffordable housing, traffic jams at all hours of the day, poor air quality, earthquakes, and tax on my knife. :p Too bad this is where my work is... :(
Attachments
Bento Receipt.jpg
Bento Receipt.jpg (85.84 KiB) Viewed 1400 times
-Kyle

Tdog

Post by Tdog »

The "hype" on the Para 2 isn't "hype". :eek: While opinions differ, for me this is one of the best designed folders made. I hope you feel the same after carrying one. If not, there will be plenty of folks who will gladly help lighten your burden. :) :) Don't know if it's accurate, but I had a dealer tell me some of the fluted Ti Millies might be released the 3rd week of January. Some dealers may get them before this. Keep your fingers crossed.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Tdog wrote:The "hype" on the Para 2 isn't "hype". :eek: While opinions differ, for me this is one of the best designed folders made. I hope you feel the same after carrying one. If not, there will be plenty of folks who will gladly help lighten your burden. :) :)
I'm sure I'll like it and any hype it's gotten has been well deserved. I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't walk on water, cure cancer, stop world hunger, and make me breakfast in bed! :D
Tdog wrote:Don't know if it's accurate, but I had a dealer tell me some of the fluted Ti Millies might be released the 3rd week of January. Some dealers may get them before this. Keep your fingers crossed.
This may also not help lighten my burden, but it will certainly contribute to lighten my wallet if my back-order transforms into a shipped order!
-Kyle

INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Jay_Ev wrote:I'm not so sure Howe's is going to have this knife. I seem to recall it was a model exclusive to Bento Box Shop.
chuck_roxas45 wrote:Howe's did have one or two. Probably a CC.
I am not sure either; their site says they will be in stock 12/27. So I do not know if they were pre-ordered or available to all. I just like dealing with Howes much more and typically have better prices, I believe.
I will be ready 12-27 to see; if not avail, will go through BBS.
If you look at the part #'s they are identical; meaning Blue/M390 from Howes and BBS. I thought BBS was getting it exclusively as well, but apparently not.

on a side note; I need to call Spyderco and/or BBS. I just got my Manix2 M4 today and there is a lot of side play on the blade. I tightened as much as I could but still not good enough. There is also black stuff in the Jimping. I do not know what happened, but this one must have missed QC cause its the worst quality I have seen from spyderco. I think I can clean the black stuff up and just need to get a bronze washer. Easy fix, just kind of dissapointing to get a knife like that. all my other Spydies have been as close to perfect as possible.

I will post back on the 27th to let you know if I got a blue PM2 from Howes or ordered from BBS
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

Kinda glad I haven't received an invoice yet. I'm still waiting for these pending paypal funds to become available.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

jabba359 wrote:High cost of living, unaffordable housing, traffic jams at all hours of the day, poor air quality, earthquakes, and tax on my knife. :p Too bad this is where my work is... :(
Jabba, I think you forgot to mention something:

;) :D :cool:
Gotta take the bad with the good :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

Howes may have some collector numbers on reserve. I ordered with Bento because I thought it was exclusive. If it was normal stock, then I would have gone elsewhere.
...oh you know why!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

It is a BB exclusive...however, those people that are part of the Collectors Club will also get some and they usually get them a couple weeks ahead of everyone else.
Bapple

Post by Bapple »

The Para 2 is IMO, the best, or one of the best production blades available today. Although my EDC is a CF S90V version, the overall design, no matter the blade steel is excellent. You will not be disappointed, it truly is one of the best.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

wooot!. this is gonna be the 4th knife heading to me. Heh all my xmas presents get here after xmas :D
HighDesertSpyder

Party Crasher here!

Post by HighDesertSpyder »

Invoiced on Christmas Eve... really?... really? :mad:
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Howe's has a few CC#, so they will most likely be getting a few of these.

Looks like they have at least the following numbers:
#31, 36, 39, 93, 130, 131
-Kyle

gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Paid my invoice today too. Looking forward to it.
:bug-red-white
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Got my invoice today as well however I don't even want the knife anymore, don't know why I pre-ordered it. Guess it was more of an impulse buy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Niles

Post by Niles »

You can send it to me. I'll give you $50. Just shoot me a PM.