How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
md8232

Post by md8232 »

Beef ribs for dinner ;)
Used my Para 2 - Gray CTS-20CP for the surgery.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i actually didnt use mine once today.

is there a day where you guys actually never use your Spyderco once? seriously.
Ravana

Post by Ravana »

RIOT wrote:i actually didnt use mine once today.

is there a day where you guys actually never use your Spyderco once? seriously.
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But the question is who's going to cut that daily apple? My Persian! That's who ;-)
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

Ravana wrote:An apple a day keeps the doctor away. But the question is who's going to cut that daily apple? My Persian! That's who ;-)
10 beers a day is going to keep me from eating an apple, question is whos going to open my beers? my SS ladybug thats who :D

btw they are twist off :(
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

RIOT wrote: btw they are twist off :(
LOL

I used my para to open 2 letters , one had a 110 dollar cheque for my sharpening service , the other a bank statement. Also opened a package containing a DLC FULL BLACK para2 with a broken tip, sent to me for repair
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Yesterday I used my G10 Byrd Robin to remove the wrapping of a 6 pack of carbonated water bottles :)

This morning I cut the paper seal of a new poach of tobacco(tearing is easier, but this is more fun :p ) with my SS Kiwi slip it.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Used my GB to trim some Polyethylene hoses, cut some foam to use as sponges, and yes, some masking tape.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

KardinalSyn wrote:The Jester has a 2mm thick blade right? How does it feel when you have held both the thicker and thinner blades, comparatively I mean. Does it feel lacking in anyway?
It felt just as strong as any other knife. I believe the thinner blade on a small knife makes it cut easier just like any knife. I wasn't using any side to side force so the thinness wasn't an issue. I was very happy with how the Jester handled. I also had a Sage1 on me but used the Jester as a sort of test for the knife. Keep in mind that the plastic I was cutting isn't real hard but it's not the easiest thing to cut especially with a wider blade. I would have had problems with the Sage1 becaue it is much thicker at the edge than the Jester or any hollow grind blade. So, I think the Jester was up to the task (and more). It is one knife that I'm glad I have even though the price for a little knife seems high at first. Sometimes a small tool is the right tool for the job.

Jack
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Just removed the same wrapping from a new six pack of carbonated water for my son, this time with my Delica/SE 1st Gen AUS8 :)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
PSquared

Post by PSquared »

I was clearing out at a house today after a tenant had moved out. Just before I left home I thought that I'd probably need some teeth. Out came a Tasman Salt from my back-up drawer to my back up EDC drawer. I keep a serrated Tasman Salt in my dive gear tool box, it occasionally gets used as a back-up dive knife, to cut cave line and that sort of thing. My second one lives in a drawer and doesn't really ever get used ... well today that changed.

Cut nylon ski rope that was suspending junk in the garage rafters, zip ties, bits of pvc pipe, redundant washing line and used it to cut / peel old silicone out of joints before re-siliconing.

Got home and there was a brown box waiting for me from KW ... hacked that to pieces with my new favorite Tasman to find, amongst other things, a ZDP ladybug for my keyring. All through the day my SAK and a 3.5 inch blade with a butterfly on it stayed in my pockets (sorry, the screwdriver on the SAK opened a tin of paint).

Methinks my serrated C78 Native just may have been bumped off the EDC rotation in favour of the TS. I had forgotten how useful the hawkbill is!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I used my g10 dragonfly to open a mailer at the office yesterday and used my Caly 3 CF ZDP to slice open a bag of oranges
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Used my Orange UKPK for two things - one boring and one fun...

Boring - opened up foil coffee pouch to make coffee at the office in the morning

FUN - slit open the envelope and box to my just arrived, fresh off the grill Orange DODO!!!!!!!!!!!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Used my Chaparral to open the package containing the replica Obi-Wan Kenobi lightsaber I bought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
md8232

Post by md8232 »

md8232 wrote:Beef ribs for dinner ;)
Used my Para 2 - Gray CTS-20CP for the surgery.
Today the Blue Para 2 w/M390 & Low Rider Clip is waiting patiently for my new iPad. :cool: Me, not so patient. :eek:
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Used my new Dodo to open a bunch of boxes of folders and other paper products delivered today. Though a co-worker thought it looked scary, but she also said she hoped I had it on me if someone unsavory came into the office...you cant win!
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

I used my Gayle Bradley to cut up cardboard, and open a few packages, pick dirt from under my nails, as well as scrape dried super glue off my palms. It worked flawlessly!
DRH

Post by DRH »

Used my Dragonfly2 (Lightweight ZDP) to remove a half inch splinter from my finger. Worked great ... though when I told my daughter about it .... she thought I was crazy. I see nothing crazy in this!
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Opened a box with recombinant plasmids with a BG42 Military in the lab today. Cut an apple as well :D
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Due to work and other stuff, I did not post here in a while.

On Friday 30 March, I used my Para2 to break ice cubes that had got stuck together for fruit drinks at my daughters school fare. Saw a few other parents staring at me but did it anyway. Felt good to use the blade in public.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Used it to take off the cap on a bottle of cider :)