Spyderco loyalty

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rg02

Spyderco loyalty

Post by rg02 »

I am completely impressed with Spydercos customer service/warranty department! I sent my SS Endura in because it had a broken tip (maybe like an 1/8 ") . I figured that broken tips wouldn't be covered under warranty so I planned on spending the $20 to have the blade re-profiled. Two business days after I sent it in(I live 45 min from Golden) I got a call saying they re-profiled, sharpened, cleaned, lubed, and polished it for free! They just asked for $5 return shipping. I am delighted with this experience and it only remphasizes why I will only buy Spyderco going forward! In this experience, they have earned a customer for life.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

That is amazing service, way to go spyderco :D
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I wish I lived five minutes away from Golden. :(
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

KardinalSyn wrote:I wish I lived five minutes away from Golden. :(
I am glad I don't

;)
Tom
BAL

Post by BAL »

toomzz wrote:I am glad I don't

;)
I agree with that. It's bad enough as it is without having them that close and that fast to pick up. A bad day at work and there you would be, Fluted TI Millie and Lion Spy in hand.
JD Spydo

Spyderco's competitors could learn but they don't

Post by JD Spydo »

What really amazes me in a very negative way is how utterly horrible the customer service is for many of their competitors. One company out of California USA who I won't mention for obvious reasons is even down right hateful.

There are 3 other knife/cutlery companies that I've dealt with in the past 3 years that were so arrogant and rude that I really don't even see how they keep their doors open :confused:

And isn't it funny in this very hard economic time that many of the cutlery businesses truly treat their customers like garbage :confused:

Yeah Brother I'm with you I haven't even seen but 2 companies that only come in a distant second compared to how great Spyderco treats their customers. Not to mention that their quality is at the top ;)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
thehunt

Post by thehunt »

The best CS is the one you dont need ;-)

I never had the need to send something in, but as I´m located in Germany it would be quite a bit tricky. And expensive.

Each and everyone Spyderco product I bought had been topnotch. And thats someting I still have to see from a competitior.

Bottomline:
For me, and thats only my humble personal opinion, I prever to have a flawless product, than an outstanding CS. But its reasuring to knowe its there ;-)

Take care and merry Christmas to all of you!
Si vis pacem parabellum
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

Spyderco really does a great job with warranty service. I had two old ss spydercos that had backlock issues that I sent to them. They could not do anything with one, but did a great job fixing an old ss Endura and got the serrations factory sharp once again. Because they could not fix the one knife, they offered me a discount on purchases from the Spyderco website.

I just sent in my Caly 3.5 because of some opening issues and I am optimistic that they will get this worked out as well.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

rg02 wrote:I am completely impressed with Spydercos customer service/warranty department! I sent my SS Endura in because it had a broken tip (maybe like an 1/8 ") . I figured that broken tips wouldn't be covered under warranty so I planned on spending the $20 to have the blade re-profiled. Two business days after I sent it in(I live 45 min from Golden) I got a call saying they re-profiled, sharpened, cleaned, lubed, and polished it for free! They just asked for $5 return shipping. I am delighted with this experience and it only remphasizes why I will only buy Spyderco going forward! In this experience, they have earned a customer for life.
What little experience I've had with CS been great, even little tiny issues were dealt with pleasantly, as if they were as important as a faulty knife. Thank you CS. I'm afraid if I lived 45 minutes from SFO I'd put the $5 towards gas and pick the knife up myself. Could be an expensive trip though. Possibly, I'd need to add more than $5 to the expense for an additional knife. :D It would be one trip I'd want to take without Mrs. Wife. :D Either she would be a complete drag or she would get interested and add to our debt and Spyderco's success. She would like goofy knives I bet. She likes goofy movies so why should knives be different. She thinks I like goofy movies. Can't figure out why. :D

Jack
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Oh yeah, this thread is worthless without pics :)

-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Slash

Post by Slash »

Forgive me, I've been a bad boy out buying other makers knives. But, what am I supposed to do. Spyderco doesn't make a fixed Gurkha kukri with a 12" blade.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Spyderco has always been A1 superb with everything they do with there products, and customer care.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

II finally had some time to make it to Golden to the SFO(I live 1 hr away). Very friendly folks up there. The gal in the retail shop took my FRN Endura spyder edge and fixed a small chip in the tip on the sharpmaker with the diamond stone while I waited. Again, fantastic customer service :) ! I wasnt planning on purchasing anything up there(I have bought the sharpmaker, GB, PM2, and yojimbo 2 in the last month), but I thought i couldnt go to the SFO and not buy anything. I purchased the dragonfly 2 FRN. neat little knife! Spyderco really is a top notch. I now have 10 spydies! :)
-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

thehunt wrote:The best CS is the one you dont need ;-)

..... Each and everyone Spyderco product I bought had been topnotch. And thats someting I still have to see from a competitior.

Bottomline:
For me, and thats only my humble personal opinion, I prever to have a flawless product, than an outstanding CS. But its reasuring to knowe its there ;-)
I couldn't have said it better than thehunt. Before I became spydiebit, I used to buy alot of blades from another highly renowned company and although I never utilized their CS I often experienced minor defects or flaws in their products. I never let these minor issues bother me, however in hindsight the quality level was actually semi-poor when compared to the prices I was paying. Then along comes Spyderco and all my worries were washed away. Thank you Sal and team for all of your terrific efforts and congrats on all of your accomplishments. I will be a customer for life.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

I've never had to deal with Spyderco CS, a testament to the products and company because I have purchased several dozen of these knives. Have sold quite a few but never for a quality issue. It is nice to know CS is there though :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

A dept. other than CS that you don't want to need is the warranty/repair dept. :) I've had a few knives from another company and came to be on a first name basis with two of the repair people. I had TERRIBLE luck with their folders. I know my experience wasn't normal because if it was they wouldn't be in business. I've needed the CS people a few times and it is always a phone call I almost look forward to. I know they will do whatever they can to make me a happy person. They have treated the mose trivial request or subject as if it were as important as any other customer need.

Thank you customer service and the repair people also. I hope everyone at Spyderco had a great Christmas and will have a great new/next year.

Jack
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

The great customer service is just another example of how much of a class act Sal is. I've said it a lot but the man deserves the praise, after all a company is ran how the owner wants it to be ran, so you know Sal has told his employees how he wants his customers treated, just another example of why I'm a customer for life.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
JD Spydo

American Business the way it should be

Post by JD Spydo »

Spyderco truly is a modern day example of what "American Entreprenuerism" was all about in the good old days. Their business plan and their mission statement are what made many past American companies the powerhouses that they once were.

It's sad in a way because if American companies would take Spyderco's present day example of doing business by their method we would again be at the top of the business food chain. Their top notch customer service, product quality and uncompromised integrity is something the entire American business world could learn well from.

When I need or want a product in the line of cutlery or sharpening equipment I always see what Spyderco has first before I even look at any other competitor.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I feel that Spyderco's customer service is easily in the top few of production companies, generally providing the kind of support a custom or semicustom maker would.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!