spyderco lava

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Azwaiian

spyderco lava

Post by Azwaiian »

I've watched a few Spyderco Lava videos on youtube and it looks like a bad a$$ little knife. Any chance of that bad boy coming back into the line up soon? Either as a sprint run or a regular.

I own a few dragonfly knives, the ambitious, persistence, and ladybugs, but another little big knife like the Lava would be pretty cool to own.

Thanks for any info.
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

I wish the Lava would come back. I really want one.
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Donut

Post by Donut »

I want a FRN Lava.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Although there has been some expressed interest in a Sprint Lava I dont believe anything has been confirmed from the Spydercrew.

I love my Lava, great knife, even better ergos.
Come Join Us Click Here

Post by 1623 »

I really like the Lava and would love to see a re-release with the same brown G10 used on the XHP Millie. I personally think it would look fantastic on a knife that size and the color would be very fitting.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

I wish the lava would be released with ti handles, but I would totally accept a CF or FRN version as well.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

If one came out, I would be so interested :) (wink wink nudge nudge sal)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Chad Los Banjos does a ton of work with Boker. While it's not impossible to see another collab/sprint I don't know the inner-workings of that relationship.

You might check out the SS Balance. I love my Lava but it weighs a ton and has a pretty ineffective blade (excessive belly, not the best tip). I think the Balance with it's more traditional leaf would be more useful.

I had my Lava reground to a wharncliffe. ;)
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Hmmm, thanks Blerv I think I'll start watching videos and reading up on the SS Balance. I thought it was a pretty unique looking knife when it first came out.

Can you tell me how it carries? It has a wide appearance and I'm just wondering what's the best way to carry it.

Thanks!
Lev

Post by Lev »

I'd prefer micarta or G-10, but I'd settle for anodized Ti :)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I would love to see Lava with micarta or polished G10 scales. But I doubt that this will ever happen.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Donut

Post by Donut »

bh49 wrote:I would love to see Lava with micarta or polished G10 scales. But I doubt that this will ever happen.
Both of those sound really sweet. What about the Toyota Carbon Fiber?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

spyderkoholic wrote:Hmmm, thanks Blerv I think I'll start watching videos and reading up on the SS Balance. I thought it was a pretty unique looking knife when it first came out.

Can you tell me how it carries? It has a wide appearance and I'm just wondering what's the best way to carry it.

Thanks!
Honestly I have just seen pics of the Balance. I'm sure that someone has a comparison someplace though.

Goodluck!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Donut wrote:Both of those sound really sweet. What about the Toyota Carbon Fiber?
I will take it, prefer Honda, so..... :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

spyderkoholic wrote:Hmmm, thanks Blerv I think I'll start watching videos and reading up on the SS Balance. I thought it was a pretty unique looking knife when it first came out.

Thanks!
I have both, and prefer my lava for carry. The balance is great, and fits perfectly in a coin pocket. Blerv's observations about the tip and the ability to bite into material is spot on. However, the clip on the balance is less than ideal. The end sticks out strangely and causes weird rubs on my hand. It also catches on more stuff than other spyder clips even though it is smaller.

You can always go full Deacon and just take the clip off.

Both knives are great. The lava could use a tip and some G-10.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

SolidState,

Thanks for the info, I REALLY want a Lava, but it will probably be in my dreams for now. That is a really cool looking knife and I wish I would've known about Spyderco knives a lot sooner. Maybe I could've been a proud owner of one...oh well, guess I'll keep on waiting.

For now though, I think I will add the Balance to my ever increasing list of spydies I want.
If I could only find that darn money tree that I am always searching for!

Rock on.
raggasonic

Post by raggasonic »

Here is one :
http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-C110P-La ... 120&sr=1-1
:D

OMG, I didn't look at the price...
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
Work horse or shelf queen, I made my decision
:spyder::spyder::spyder:
thelock

Post by thelock »

I e-mailed spyderco about a possible g10 lava and they said that they don't plan to bring it back.
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I love my lava and would pick one up in G10 without second thought. But if the knife doesnt reach out to a big enough crowd, I dont blame spyderco for not bringing it back..
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
jossta

Post by jossta »

raggasonic wrote:Here is one :
http://www.amazon.com/Spyderco-C110P-La ... 120&sr=1-1
:D

OMG, I didn't look at the price...
Jeez, I passed a used on up earlier this week for $33 shipped.