Whine... I lost one of my favorites

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Freediver

Whine... I lost one of my favorites

Post by Freediver »

Just a heads up to all of those who carry a ladybug on their keychain. Take it from the champ, do not remove it from the keychain. About 2 weeks ago I thought it would be a good idea to take the ladybug off the keychain and carry it loosely in my pocket while at work, for easier access.

Long story short it was working great up until Sunday when I was going out the door to go sailing and I could not find my ladybug salt anywhere. I checked all over the apartment, car, washing machine, pants pockets, etc.

It's not expensive but I still was attached to it, having carried it with me every single day and dying the scales black. I keep thinking it is going to turn up on me somewhere which is making me hesitate to order another, but I guess worst comes to worst I have 2 ladybugs.

I have been waiting for the new shipment of Caspians to come in so maybe if the ladybug doesn't show up by then I will just order another one when I order a Caspian.

The real question is do I buy another SE or do I go with a PE this time?
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I hate when that happens.
I am a little OCD and have multiples of the knives I like.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Se
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Try the PE, only upside to losing a knife is that you get an easily rationalized opportunity to try something new. :p
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Good news! This thread motivated me to do another search. I ended up tearing my place apart before I went out to the car and there it was wedged in the seat cushion by the seat belt. It went straight back onto the key ring where it is now going to live.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

When the Caspian is available, you could maybe buy a PE Ladybug anyway. Good opp to dye one a different color and have a backup ...

It's the Spyderco way, after all ... get 'em both!

~ Edge
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice ... In practice, there is."
BAL

Post by BAL »

Glad that you found the little beast. I carry a ladybug loose in myleft pocket, haven't ever lost it, hope I didn't jinx that though.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I would go with PE in the ZDP/FFG model or SE in any VG10 or salt model. The others leave something to be desired (for me).
araneae

Post by araneae »

You really need an H1 hawkbill. Its my favorite ladybug. Celebrate the return of your missing knife by purchasing another! I like to keep a small lanyard on my loose carried Ladybugs- its easier to keep track of them.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

araneae wrote:You really need an H1 hawkbill. Its my favorite ladybug. Celebrate the return of your missing knife by purchasing another! I like to keep a small lanyard on my loose carried Ladybugs- its easier to keep track of them.
Two excellent ideas. Thank you sir.
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

good you have it back . go for an pe back-up in case it happens again . greeetzzzz
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Well I ordered the h1 hawkbill ladybug this morning. Gotta plan ahead.