to the rescue?

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
sonictek

to the rescue?

Post by sonictek »

I might be an idiot as I will fall for anything - was at a show today and I am ashamed to say I may have bought a ClipIt Rescue of dubious origins. According to what little I could find on the net, handle is real Spyderco but the blade markings have me wondering. It just says SPYDERCO on the front and SEKI-JAPAN on the back. My other knives and ones I've seen all over have the steel type under the name on the front and Seki City Japan on the back. I put up some pix so tell me what I have. If it's a fake, it's darn sharp and will do for a beater in my truck and I'm only out $30 bucks. Thanks to all. Mike
Attachments
100_1521.jpg
100_1521.jpg (93.62 KiB) Viewed 1163 times
100_1525.jpg
100_1525.jpg (87.56 KiB) Viewed 1080 times
100_1526.jpg
100_1526.jpg (99.46 KiB) Viewed 1084 times
100_1527.jpg
100_1527.jpg (99.68 KiB) Viewed 1098 times
rycen

Post by rycen »

Your just fine. It was just before they started marking the steel. It is G2 AKA GIN-1 steel.
We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal
sonictek

to the rescue?

Post by sonictek »

Thanks rycen, any idea of the timeframe? I knew the ClipIts with the plastic clip were earlier versions but can't find when exactly they started using the metal ones. I also haven't seen any with the same markings as this knife in a gallery somewhere showing all the Spyderco models. This is my first 'old' Spydie, not a fan of serrations but it caught my eye and the price was right. Glad to know it's the real :spyder: deal. Mike
rycen

Post by rycen »

Well they changed to the metal clips on the delica/endura in 98.Based on that I'd guess yours to be from 96.

Are the markings you refer to the lack of a steel stamp?

here is a pic of all the colors offered except the white model.

We would rather be the knife in your pocket, because is "works" better, than the knife in your showcase, because it "looks" better.

sal