Your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tom48

Post by tom48 »

First for me was a Harpy. Blown away by the quality of it. Have added another 3 since then, hopefully many more to come!!
I've got:-
Harpy
Tasman Salt
Kiwi SS
Grasshopper

On it's way
USN Catcherman

I Want:-
SCT026 Spydersaw
SC7PS Police
SC59CFP Shabiria
C10P Endura S/S
C66BK3 Centofante 3
C12G Civilian
C75CF Kiwi Carbon Fiber
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

My first spyderco was a three buy....SE Mariner, SE Co-Pilot, and PE Co-Pilot....these were my own first purchases, but I did own a NIB Delica SE (Blue FRN) and SE Ladybug (Red FRN) before that.... I just didn't know I owned them....when my father pasted my mother gave me all of his fishing equipment, and not being a fisherman, I just assumed the boxes where names for yet another fishing lure in his tackle box....Found them years later by accident when I gave way his fishing rods, reels and tackle boxes. When I was helping the person carry the stuff to his car the latch on one of the tackle boxes broke and the contents spilled onto the floor....the Ladybug came sliding out of it's box....I was like WTF!....after a search of the tackle box I found the Delica as well...LOL...then I let the guy have all the other stuff....after pocketing the two Spydercos...Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
BJEOD

Post by BJEOD »

black se ladybug in 97, then a progrip lightweight in I think 99. Didn't get another until I bought a military in 08 from the px. Now I can't stop.
"I'd rather get blown up than look stupid."
- One of the greats

:spyder:para 2 digital, gayle bradley, BD1 UKPK, Manix 2, Millie x2, Delica 4 green, Delica 4 SS, Progrip lightweight, Ladybug 1 x2:spyder:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

BJEOD wrote:black se ladybug in 97, then a progrip lightweight in I think 99. Didn't get another until I bought a military in 08 from the px. Now I can't stop.
You said px. I assume you are in the Military (not AF). When I was in the AF many years ago they would get involved in your finances if you were falling behind on your bills and people you owed money to (pimps and loan sharks :eek: :D ) would call the first sergeant and complain. Do they still do that and if you are military has Spyderco gotten you in bad with your commander? :D

Kidding, sorry, :)
Jack

Post by 1623 »

Para 2 in May of this year and currently have thirteen in my collection.

Here's how I came to be a Spyderco devote...

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50917
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
monsterdog

Post by monsterdog »

A friend of mine got a light weight Delica, I thought it was an awesome knife so went to the same store and bought a SS-SE Delica. This was probably almost 15 years ago.
ranger51

Post by ranger51 »

My first spyderco was a Native bought at Walmart. From there I bought a delica,endura, para military, manix2, military,caly3, tenatious,ambitious,a s.s. native. When I got disabiled, I had to sell them all to survive. I have since replaced only the caly3 thanks to a good friend. I carried my manix 2 while I was deployed and really miss that one a lot. Maybe after the V.A. gets my disability worked out, I may be able to replace it. But for now, I am living on 40 dollars a week, and it will have to wait. I plan on replacing the manix2 first because it proved to be my best friend while on missions, and it's hard to be without something I carried and relied on for so long while humpping the mountains.
grg

Post by grg »

G10 rookie at least ten years ago.I got it on clearance from SMKW for $29.99, great deal. :eek: