Your first Spyderco?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

One of the very first Salts triggered it all.
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

dsmegst wrote:Welcome to the forum. And congratulations on a fine Spydie as I imagine it's very hard to score a sought-after Sprint out side of the US. As for less threatening, the Chaparral is a nice one too. :p Just adding to your wish list. LOL.
Thanks for the welcome...

Bentobox came to the rescue, plus some pricey mail forwarding service to get it to SA... If you want it bad enough you'll find a way :)
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

I believe mine was a Manix 2. It was all down hill from there... though, it's been a fun ride.
j3jymann

Post by j3jymann »

I can claim a first that I doubt anyone else would be able to claim as their first.

The Ocelot <3 I loved that thing... until the clip broke and I lost it out of my pocket.
Rick D.

Your first Spyderco?

Post by Rick D. »

My first was a Terzuola(lg plain edge). Then I got a small Bob T and partially serrated versions of both. Then... about 70 more various in various models and variations of them.
klamp

Post by klamp »

Sage 1. Quickly followed by Sprint Para2, Cento4, Spin, and a handful of Mules.
Menace

Post by Menace »

Native for me, I'd always heard of spyderco and the native was cheap enough to open the door for me, that was way back in 2005 and as has been said before "it was all downhill from there"
pvickers

Post by pvickers »

First for me - Spyderco Atlantic Salt Yellow Serrated H-1 Knife, C89SYL

First thing I noticed how light and easy to "work" it is. Impressed.
Tripwire

Post by Tripwire »

FRN CE Endura 4 that I saw for sale at a Navy Exchange in Norfolk (where my ship's home port is).
My :spyder:'s- CE FRN Endura 4, PE Tasman Salt, SE Tasman Salt, PE Ambitious, PE Grasshopper, PE FRN Delica 4, PE Squeak, Bob T SLIPIT, Lum Chinese GF Nishijin, Endura 4 Trainer, Native SE Lightweight, Delica 4 Trainer, Poliwog, UKPK PESF Maroon FRN.

Wishlist: Matriarch2, Manix2, Pacific Salt Black, Spyderhawk, Manbug, Chaparral, Yojimbo2, Kiwi Stag, Native 5, Starmate (either an original or a newly released one-whenever it comes out).
racer88

Post by racer88 »

First was a Caly 3. Purchased April 30, 2010. I now own 44 Spydies. :D
cutter17

Post by cutter17 »

Like bh49 mentioned, on the first page, the Spyderco Sharpmaker was my very first Spyderco product. I had a couple of Spyderco's back in the late 80's to earlier 90's, but never really carried any of them.

My first Spyderco, that got me really thinking about Spyderco, was the Perrin PPT I bought this past Spring. That led to the Vallotton Sub Hilt, and then the titanium Military. There are to be more Spyderco's in my future! :spyder: :)
TheViper

Post by TheViper »

I bought the ambitious just to find out what all the hype was about with spyderco. I carried it twice then put it in a box and went back to my Benchmades. Then after seeing the blue Delica FFG I just had to pick that up. Since then the Delica has left my pocket a total of 2 times and those were because I was going through security those days. So yesterday I fished out that ambitious and did some maintenance on it. It will now be sitting in a pocket somewhere on me.
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

It all started when my husband dragged home some knife magazines. I've always carried a small SAK around and found them useful and usually carried them to death. But I'd never really considered the virtues of having a larger blade at hand. After browsing all those mags a larger knife seemed like a good idea. Every girl should have one.

I searched for something properly girly and came up with the Böker Cruel Girl Action Roper. Bad name. Not a bad knife though. Affordable. Very sharp blade. VERY lightweight. Good size and feel. I liked using it. It only comes with a serrated blade though. And I really didn't care for the 'Cruel Girl' tag line. I remembered the beautiful Spydercos I'd seen in those magazines and discovered the Delica 4 in purple! Now that's what I call style. I bought the knife, it got delivered the next day and now I'm totally hooked. I already own 3 Spydercos. And I'm not even allowed to carry them in my pocket around here :rolleyes: And there's a couple more on the way. One's a UKPK in orange G-10, which I CAN legally carry in my pocket and I even found a Delica 4 in pink so satisfy the girl within the nerd/engineer ;-)
nyrico

Post by nyrico »

I just received my first Spyderco, a Sage1. I must say that I am impressed.
bullpucky

Post by bullpucky »

I have owned three Spydies and still have all of them. First was the original Police Model, can't remember exactly when I got it, might have been in the mid to late eighties. It was a little thin, a little heavy and a little to smooth. The answer to my wishes happened when Spyderco came out with the Endura clipit, the worlds most perfect EDC knife. I have carried mine for over twenty years, never damaged the plastic clip and the knife looks as good as new. Light as heck with a wicked blade, love it. Number three was the Delica clipit, a little to small for protection, but so easy to carry. All the former statements are just my two-cents.....
DM11

Post by DM11 »

My first :spyder: was a Wayne Goddard back around 98. Didn't buy another till 08 which was a D4W. Since then it`s been .....................I reckon you know the rest of the story. :D
Hold Fast

David
justinrose40

Post by justinrose40 »

My first Spyderco was a Tenacious. I loved it, and it was followed shorty there after by a Resilience, Manix 2 all black, Delica 4 FFG grey, Digi Camo Military, H1 Salt, and a Digi Camo Para-Military 2. The Para-Mili 2 and Salt 1 are currently seeing the most pocket time.
spydabuya

Post by spydabuya »

just bought my first spyder a green g10 dfly 2 and i love it cant wait to buy my next one
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

spydabuya wrote:just bought my first spyder a green g10 dfly 2 and i love it cant wait to buy my next one
I think that is a great choice. I don't have a d'fly but have wanted one for about 2 years. But, when I buy I seem to just barely pick something else. When I do get one it will be the G-10 model.

Oh yeah, welcome to this forum. Lots of pretty good folks here.

Jack
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

my first spydies were two ladybugs (one for my wife and one for my sister) and also a green g10 dragonfly. now i have 50 spyderco knives. the only reason why i have 50 is because I cannot afford 350 spyderco knives! i just got the dialex too, awesome knife!