Not Again !?!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CharlesIV

Post by CharlesIV »

I think if people were forced to use their real names the crap talking would leave. People hide behind these screen names and let their true show.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

CharlesIV wrote:I think if people were forced to use their real names the crap talking would leave. People hide behind these screen names and let their true show.
There isn't much crap talking. I've experienced far more sophomoric rhetoric and horsing around in the parking lot with car hoods popped. Funny thing is most of those folks in person talk big and usually don't step it up either.

I think it's ok to tell people we don't sell knives here and share opinions about Nutnfancy. He isn't in my "posse" but I certainly don't hate him (or anyone). I'm sure he knows people have varied opinions and is rather enjoying his pop culture stardom.

The PROBLEM is trying to explain to a group of people in the 21st century that having the right to say whatever they want on the internet just MIGHT get someone who disagrees with them. Since spanking went out about 20 years ago, as did the concept of telling people they are wrong...this usually sends them into a tantrum.
The Mentaculous

Post by The Mentaculous »

araneae wrote:This is by far the most restrained and respectful forum I have frequented. Sometimes things get misinterpreted, but we generally correct ourselves and get back on course. 'Nuff said.
I agree completely...I've never seen a more level-headed, courteous, and trustworthy group of people on any other forum or internet site, as the regular posters on this forum.

There's difference between ridiculing someone and stating your opinion, in opposition to someone else's, or pointing out a flaw in logic.

***Separate rant
Oh, and NutNFancy might be the nicest guy in the world, but he comes off to me as someone who thinks he knows more than he does (he's often wrong about the facts, and still talks over experts like Ed Schempp or Sal), and it really seems to me like "the Nutnfancy Project" is, at least partially, a way for him to stroke his ego. I'm not saying that his intention's aren't to provide good reviews and information, but it seems to me that he makes it about himself quite a bit, and uses it as a platform where he can sound off about his opinions, and dictate unknowing people's opinions. That's the main thing I don't like--it seems like he thinks he's some kind of legend, expert, and that his opinions are somehow infallible. Now I know I am overgeneralizing, but if I were to synopsize my gripes with him, those would be the main ones.

I can completely understand why many (especially beginning knife collectors) latch on to Nutnfancy, and for the first few months of my knife obsession, I did too. Now I still watch some of his stuff, but my favorite are guys who seem more humble and don't make it about themselves so much--Cutlerylover, johnwaynecolt45, zippothisknifethat, and a whole slew of others.

But overall..I hate to be the one saying this, but I think that if you're going to post on a forum, you need to a have a thick enough skin to where someone vehemently disputing your opinions or motivations will not hurt your feelings. And as I said, this is about the mildest forum in terms of drama or flaming that I have EVER seen.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Totally agree on Nutn. He is kind of getting a big head as his subs grow and it has created a sort of pompous stench that follows him throughout his many reviews and adventures. I also noticed that he talked over many knife and gun legends with his repetitive talking points.

I love what it says about Nutnfancy on urbandictionary.com

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =Nutnfancy

"NUTNFANCY (nUt*n!FanCy)
An egotistic, narcissistic, elitest douchebag of a youtube celebrity who reviews guns, knives and outdoor gear.

He also has a genuine belief that he is the best thing since sliced bread and will force viewers to watch him and his merry band of mall ninjas in the desert somewhere "training".

Gun Enthusiast #1 - "Hey man, did you see that nutnfancy review of that AR-15?"

Gun Enthusiast #2 - "I couldn't get through the first five minutes. Don't get me wrong the guy has some good points, but I'm not prepared to sit through forty minutes of him verbally fellating himself to get them."

Gun Enthusiast #1 - "Yeah I know what you mean, he is a self absorbed doucher. And why does he wear all that camouflage?""
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja