My first Military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gunnut35

My first Military

Post by gunnut35 »

I just received my fist Military in the mail today... :eek:
I always thought that the military would be too heavy or too big for me but it is really lighter then i thought and fits perfect in my pocket. I will have to get a couple more just to have as back-ups... :D
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Congrats on your first Military!!! I have many and love them my self including this one CTS-XHP brown Military which i will be receiving Wednesday hopefully :D
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Arillon

Post by Arillon »

Beautiful pictures! My millie was my edc before I got the gray paramilitary. I haven't carried it since but I do find myself missing it from time to time. The military also seems to be my sharpest knife by a huge margin for some reason.

Glad to hear you enjoy it.
12/25/2010 - :spyder: Manix 2 Orange Sprint run.
1/31/2011 - :spyder: Endura 4 Blue.
3/26/2011 - :spyder: Military Black Blade Digi Camo.
7/13/2011 - :spyder: Paramilitary CTS-20cp Sprint run.
9/6/2011 - :spyder: USN Toxic Green Catcherman Sprint.
12/25/2011 - :spyder: Moonglow Manix.
1/5/2012 - :spyder: Navaja.
2/25/2012 - :spyder: M390 CF Military Sprint run.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

It took me a while to get a Military too, because it seemed so huge. But it really is a manageable size and weight.
:bug-red-white
Finedges

Post by Finedges »

Good stuff. The Military is my favorite Spyderco by far. Lite weight, compact, strength, outstanding design. Alot of people talk about a Military2. I say don't ruin a good thing.
LAB

Post by LAB »

Nice Knife. I carried a military in 440v years ago. I am going to get me another one soon.
v8r

Post by v8r »

The Millie is a great knife. I have personally owned several and still have two. You will not find a longer blade in that light weight of a package anywhere.It also has the best liner lock design that I have ever seen. Good stuff. :D
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
jossta

Post by jossta »

Millie shrinks in the hand and pocket like no other. I bought my first one fully expecting to hate it and love the Para. Now I never carry my Para 2 and would never part with the Military.
JayTeeEmEm

Post by JayTeeEmEm »

Nice first Millie, Interested to hear your thoughts on the XHP steel. I got an Orange ~4 months ago and jumped on a Ti Millie as soon as I saw a good price on one. The CF/M390 will hopefully be the next one. Thanks for the pics.
:spyder: Stretch ZDP Delica 4 FFG Cricket SS Persistence UKPK FRN Rescue and Blue DP Sage CF Pacific Salt Centofante 3 Spin Dragonfly SS Bill Moran DP Military CF Lum Ti Military H1 Ladybug Hawkbill Ladybug Para 2:spyder:

"Knives have great depth. History, geography, metalurgy, hi tech materials, design, interesting mechanisms, everyday function plus the beauty in the creation of each piece.

It's an addictive hobby though. Be careful."

sal
Guy Vanderveken

Post by Guy Vanderveken »

Got one a while back and why did I leave it so long? very happy with it, only stropped it, pushes through directory paper- love it and gonna get more for sure, I was always concerned about the tip, but no more.

It will be shame if Spyderco moves away from this Millie- good Lord, the thought of it ending up in archives with Caly C54 hurts.

Mind you an improvement on the BENCHMARK of knives I would like to see. I need to start getting some more.
Javascript

Millie linerlock

Post by Javascript »

I, too, just received my 1st Millie, the XHP as so well-pictured in all the posts above. I have to say that it's a beastie of a knife for a folder, yet doesn't feel like it when you handle it.
I had to get the GB out because I thought it was a beastie of a knife. Much to my surprise, the Bradley is a bit diminutive in comparison. The millie's blade is thicker, and the knife is considerably longer closed and open. The Bradley is wider in the scales. Perhaps that is why the millie feels good in the hand for its size, though the GB feels right at home, also.

I do note, however, that the nested linerlock on the millie looks rather anemic compared to the one on the GB. Roofing hammer vs. jeweler’s. The Bradley linerlock is about 50% of the tang width, whereas the millie linerlock is about 25%. I suppose, though, since the millie’s lock has been this way for a while that it is adequate for the job, suitable for purpose, and won’t fail anytime soon… :)
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I am on the prowl for another sprint to abuse, (in a good way)...
It is a great feeling knife.....
AdvaPointSolar

Post by AdvaPointSolar »

yeah your right its so great nife...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Congrats! I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a mili ever since I finally got a para. Problem is, all the cool new sprints keep bumping it down on the wish list, so to speak. Enjoy your new toy!
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Jordan wrote:Congrats! I've been thinking of pulling the trigger on a mili ever since I finally got a para. Problem is, all the cool new sprints keep bumping it down on the wish list, so to speak. Enjoy your new toy!
Well then get a cool Mili sprint :D

That XHP is all over, and in a few days the preorder for the M390 should be up too.
On the hunt for...
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Well then get a cool Mili sprint :D

That XHP is all over, and in a few days the preorder for the M390 should be up too.
Heh, fair point.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
dman62

Post by dman62 »

My first Spydie was a Millie in '99 (in my pocket right now) and I just got an XHP in the mail a few days ago.
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

You WILL love the military-concept. Big, light, thin, easy use and in lots of flavors!
Got my oldschool 440V (I lost one in 2000) back few months ago and got S90V in the very same week. Thinking of buying a third one.....
Tom
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

toomzz wrote:... Big, light, thin, easy use and in lots of flavors!
Just like ice cream! :D
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

Never interested in the Military....LOVE the Para 2 though...don't feel like I need to go much bigger than that. Like the comp. lock too..
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban