best pink knife for girl?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
casey1

best pink knife for girl?

Post by casey1 »

my sister wants a pink knife for her birthday. she isn't a knife person so i want it to be something with screw together construction (i have no idea if she'll pry with it) and i want it to be good for someone with small hands. it has to be pink. she is also a lefty... i was looking at the native but it's pinned and the manix2 pink may be a bit big but i don't know... are there other pink spydies in the making soon? i don't wanna get her a pink leek since it's not ambidextrous but i also would rather not spend way too much $$ and get a pink mini griptilian... idk. a pink tenacious or persistence would be ideal.

thanks for the help
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Delica? It was a sprint run, but you can probably dig one up somewhere.
On the hunt for...
casey1

Post by casey1 »

maybe i'll go with the native... the delica is a knife i already have and i want her to have something unique or she'd dislike it :P women...
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

If she would like/use a smaller knife I believe that there was also a pink ladybug and cricket. Though how easy they are to find, or how expensive they are, I'm not sure.
On the hunt for...
EDCTAC

Post by EDCTAC »

I would still go delica, I got one from KW for like $46. you can't really beat that with a stick. And I think the delica looks less agressive.
:spyder:My mind is the sharpest weapon I have, my spyderco is the second!;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Go with the Native. It's available, works well with small to medium hands, and is surprisingly tough. Prying can damage any Spyderco, whether it's held together with pins, screws, or rivets. On the other hand, I've never had a rivet loosen from normal use, while I've had a couple screws loosen, and one fall out. Rivets and pins, IMHO, just mean there's one less thing that can go wrong.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
black

Post by black »

Delica for $46 or BM mini griptilian for 60$.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I would definitely steer clear of the Manix2 unless she's planning on doing boar hunting :p . The Native isn't "big" but is bigger than a standard Swiss Army Knife. (the pinned FRN is extremely tough...don't let the internet fool you). It's prob your best bet if she actually wants something for serious cutting.

If she's open to purple the world is your oyster. Delica, Ladybug, etc. You might even look at the H1 Dragonfly because yellow is just adorable and you won't have to worry about rust.

My wife is anti-knife (more or less) and only uses my Ladybug's. It's funny how the griping stops for a few seconds here and there when a stubborn tag won't come off a purse. ;)
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Native ftw! One of my favorite spydies, and having pinned construction means no messing with torx and pivot tension for her. Plus, beefier blade should she decide to do unmentionable things to the knife!
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

Blerv wrote:My wife is anti-knife (more or less) and only uses my Ladybug's. It's funny how the griping stops for a few seconds here and there when a stubborn tag won't come off a purse. ;)
Ditto here! :D

Too funny!
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

The Native is the way to go. ;)
jossta

Post by jossta »

I vote for the pink Delica. Some places still have them in stock, although I would get the purple FFG one. Probably cheaper too.
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

My Gf carries a pink Izula. She prefers it to a folder. Locks are just too difficult for her small hands.
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I think the etched dragonfly is a great knife for a lady.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Donut

Post by Donut »

I say Pink Delica. Since a dealer did an exclusive run of the FFG in pink, Knifeworks has some in stock.
Buckles wrote:My Gf carries a pink Izula. She prefers it to a folder. Locks are just too difficult for her small hands.
That is really interesting, I hadn't heard that one before.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Knifewing

Post by Knifewing »

Another one to consider--albeit as small as a Ladybug--is the pink FRN Jester. I got one for my wife on eBay and she loves it--keeps it on her keychain. But, unfortunately it may be hard to find one at a reasonable cost these days.
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

Donut wrote:I say Pink Delica. Since a dealer did an exclusive run of the FFG in pink, Knifeworks has some in stock.

That is really interesting, I hadn't heard that one before.
ya. if i ever hand her a folder, i usually have to close it for her too.
8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

i think the Delica is just a little to big for a women honestly, i could be wrong.

i could see a pink Dragonfly2 going over well with women though.

other than that i bought my girlfriend a pink Jester and she loves it.
JacksonKnives

Post by JacksonKnives »

Purple ladybug worked for me. Wish I could get my hands on a pink cricket.
—Daniel Jackson
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I have two daughters one 19 and the other 16. I got them Delicas last Xmas one purple and one pink. They love them and use them often. The Native is a nice knife but I find the blade shape awkward for most of my daily tasks.