what do you want from spyderco in the next 5 years?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

i would be all over a c95 3v sprint and a S110V Military
i have striders in both and these steels are just amazing. My first love is spyderco and i would love to see S110V break into the spydie world!
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

I'd like to see...

Ed Schempp sub 3inch slipjoint for Europe
Byrd fixed blades
Catcherman full re-issue, or Catcherman 2?
Spyderco friction folder
More 'Made in Golden, Colorade, USA, Earth'
Spyderco Spork ;)
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

maybe the tuff will finally come out by then.......
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
jossta

Post by jossta »

Redeye wrote:Spyderco friction folder
I smell what you're steppin' in.
bgDjigit

Post by bgDjigit »

-I really like that spyderco improve its knives with full flat grind blades, keep doin it (except the spyderedges) :spyder:
-I do miss large/medium camp fixed blades in product list ... I think A2, CPM-M4, CPM-3V and some other carbon steels will be perfect :D
-Maybe alot of people will disagree but I think backlock system is antiquated (there is precondition for vertical play in some models), so maybe less backlocks instead of liner/frame; compression and some new tipes of locking. :confused:
-I agree with "Spyderhole" about handle materials, colours and quality of screws.
-I think m390 is the new s30v. Commercialize it, with replacing it in more of your existing folders.
-Continue with Mule project. Its one of the best initiative started by knife company.
-Be the same great company as the last years :spyder: :)
I hope I helped somehow. Regards from Bulgaria.
Tubpbs

Post by Tubpbs »

jossta wrote:I smell what you're steppin' in.
Can you tell me more about this friction folder??

Thanks.

-Zach
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bgDjigit wrote:Maybe alot of people will disagree but I think backlock system is antiquated (there is precondition for vertical play in some models), so maybe less backlocks instead of liner/frame; compression and some new tipes of locking. :confused:
Count me among those who disagree. Out of the first 50 new models Spyderco introduced, 37 were midlocks. Out of the last 50, only 10 were and, out of those ten, only two were within the last four years so I don't see much room for reduction. IMHO, the midlock is still the easiest to use and most foolproof ambidextrous lock out there. It's also the only one I have any real interest in.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I would like to see the knives that have a black blade be complimented with black hardware. From what I've seen, only the PM2 and Manix2 are like this. I would also like to see the Pacific Salt black blade model have a silver H1 logo on the blade instead of gold. Or maybe gold hardware on the handle just to make it match a little better. Something about gold and silver on the same knife....
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
lamorak

Post by lamorak »

What I'd like to see and I'm always looking for is some nice higher end shears. Nicer would be an EDC pair of shears and an outdoor pair of shears.
:spyder: count: 50, first: Atlantic Salt, latest: Dodo, edc: Urban, waiting for: Techno