Looking for handle scales for my Spyderco Mule

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
mrbladedude

Looking for handle scales for my Spyderco Mule

Post by mrbladedude »

First post here. Hi everyone. I am looking to get my Spyderco Mule some wooden handle scales put on. Anyone know where I get get some?

Thanks

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7DLoVEOMPlk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Halpern Titanium.

Search for the name, you should find some info.

There are others here who do materials other than G10 if that's what you are looking for.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I don't think Halpern has wood scales, as the OP requested. Are you looking for complete scales, or just the wood material to make it yourself? I buy almost all my wood from eBay, but you have to make sure you know what to look for and careful that the wood is what they say it is. If you need the scales completed, you will most likely have to send the knife off to someone who makes them, as wood scales are usually custom fit and epoxied onto the knife.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

Look up a member here by the name of tuffthumbz. He does some great work and you can see his work on youtube
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Sorry, my mistake. was not awake when I replied :P
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Mrbladedude...where are you?
If you are actually able to do your own scales, I can send you some purpleheart to shape...
Realy hard to work, but worth the effort, and they go a deep purple on exposure to UV...
mrbladedude

Post by mrbladedude »

zackerty wrote:Mrbladedude...where are you?
If you are actually able to do your own scales, I can send you some purpleheart to shape...
Realy hard to work, but worth the effort, and they go a deep purple on exposure to UV...
I stay in VA. That sounds great man. Really? Deep purple? Sounds nice
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

PM me your address, and I get some off to you in the next day or so...
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

rororo64 wrote:Look up a member here by the name of tuffthumbz. He does some great work and you can see his work on youtube
Ditto on this. He just did my woodcraft mule in tiger stripe G10 and it's great. Will post a pic tomorrow.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
chameleon

Post by chameleon »

I just bought scales from Halpern in Mass. Great Customer service,, you could tell the lady taking the order really cared. They also provide all the hardware in stainless steel. They are currently providing a Textured G-10 only. They also have some great Titanium Grips for the 1911 .45

Enjoy,
mrbladedude

Post by mrbladedude »

Pneumothorax wrote:Ditto on this. He just did my woodcraft mule in tiger stripe G10 and it's great. Will post a pic tomorrow.
Would love to see the pic