How about a Bin Laden is dead sprint run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
cckw

How about a Bin Laden is dead sprint run?

Post by cckw »

Such a knife could be the grail! Some nice graphics on a Military S90v. OR perhaps a fighting style fixed blade with same? I'm buying!
DaBird

Post by DaBird »

If there is one made by Spyderco OR ANOTHER Knife Company -- I WILL BUY ONE AT WHATEVER the price is -- hoping a part of the money will go to our wounded service people.
jossta

Post by jossta »

DaBird wrote:hoping a part of the money will go to our wounded service people.
That would be awesome.
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

I'm in... I wish I had a WTC just to break out for the occasion! SO proud of our military.
Armalite Native

Post by Armalite Native »

Way to politicise a product. Makes my stomach turn.

Ka Bar has probably already got that market cornered.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

No interest. Think it's a bad idea.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
justinl

Post by justinl »

Armalite Native wrote:Way to politicise a product. Makes my stomach turn.

Ka Bar has probably already got that market cornered.
Completely agreed. For example, the Native line was done with the boys in mind and was a classy classy gesture (kudos spyderco). But a Bin-Laden-is-dead knife just wouldn't be the same kind of gesture. It becomes less about the soldiers and more about the war. A fine distinction I know, but the latter becomes the pro/anti-war political debate monster. Not something spyderco as a company is known to dabble in much... and a trend I hope continues.
blackwell

Post by blackwell »

dabird wrote:if there is one made by spyderco or another knife company -- i will buy one at whatever the price is -- hoping a part of the money will go to our wounded service people.
+1000000000000
:spyder:C81GGY20CP2 Para 2 sprint - EDC
:spyder:C157GTIP Lionspy
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

folding pocket political buzz-saw...
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Nice thought...bad idea....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Well, politically incorrect sometimes tickles my fancy. ;)
PcT

Post by PcT »

Guys n Gals
How about just taking a minute for reflection, if the news is true then the last thing that's gonna happen is a special Spydie blade! Respect to all those involved, and to those that gave your lives, it was for a reason. Love life & laughter and days in the sun x
Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

I thought Gaddafi's son was killed?

I'm not in, unless its a special shoe that can also be thrown at warmongering presidents, and made by Spyderco along with Nike Adidas or Puma
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
Armalite Native

justinl wrote:Completely agreed. For example, the Native line was done with the boys in mind and was a classy classy gesture (kudos spyderco). But a Bin-Laden-is-dead knife just wouldn't be the same kind of gesture. It becomes less about the soldiers and more about the war. A fine distinction I know, but the latter becomes the pro/anti-war political debate monster. Not something spyderco as a company is known to dabble in much... and a trend I hope continues.
Heh you know thats exactly what I thought when I saw the thread. The Native kicked arse for the reason that it was for a good cause. I even tell my friends and family about it. I also tell them about the breast cancer stuff that spyderco has done.

My post was not to spit in the eye of people fighting over there (got countrymen over there too) - but I respect Spyderco because they don't need to use a sledgehammer to make a point.

If however he was killed with a chopper to surface Spyderco knife projectile then that would be a different matter. I just can't see the point of a product celebrating the death of anyone for any reason ever.
Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

I'm new to what Spyderco has done in general, but I had no idea the Native was meant to be a tilt of the hat to those in war.
We Canucks have boys and girls in the line too, if Spyderco has respect for them, I've get respect for :spyder:
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
Armalite Native

Half Sack wrote:I'm new to what Spyderco has done in general, but I had no idea the Native was meant to be a tilt of the hat to those in war.
We Canucks have boys and girls in the line too, if Spyderco has respect for them, I've get respect for :spyder:
Nah from memory it was to do with Native American Culture and looking after groups like that. Such a cool idea. I wish someone could do something like that over where I live.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

A g10 camo millie is an osama is dead commemoration knife!

USA BUH BUHH BUHHH!
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Wow off topic and poor taste. Glad it turned out the way it did but I'm not exactly shopping for a Bin Ladin piñata...
wongKI

Post by wongKI »

I'm against it.
justinl

Post by justinl »

oh I was referring to the tan FRN native that had "Operation Iraqi Freedom" inscribed on the blade. I had of course overlooked the fact that the native series was a nod to Native American culture. and now I feel silly.