bitten

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gus88

bitten

Post by gus88 »

so i have been collecting knives for a short time now, about 6 months. i have about 15 knives, and the last 5 have been spydies....i guess you could say i have been bitten!!!

i have gotten (in this order):

Delica 4 Grey Handle partial-spyderedge
Paramilitary 2 Camo Handle Black Blade
Bug
Dragonfly G-10 Handle
Delica 4 FFG Blue Handle

I really love them all so much! The bug goes everywhere on my keys with me. If im going to school I carry the dragonfly, it is small, yet rests perfectly in the hand and is up to almost any task id put it to. anywhere else in public I like the delicas as they are lightweight and the colors are cool to match with whatever your wearing, and are less threatening than black or camo. and for camping/fishing/self-defense (i do live in oakland...) I love love love the paramilitary 2.
In fact it is my favorite knife of my collection. It is so solid in all regards, opens perfectly, and like they say it truly feels like a natural extension of the hand :cool: :cool: and the g10 camo is just perfect :D

alright guys i hope to stick around and maybe get some pics up soon!

p.s i think my next time is gonna be the caly3 carbon fiber :eek: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Welcome :) , and great start.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Welcome Gus! Glad to see you here, the bites get worse as time goes on and the wallet gets lighter but the strong survive ;)
marcdurant

Post by marcdurant »

I was expecting a story and some bloody emergency room pictures!
gus88

Post by gus88 »

thanks guys :cool:

haha..was just looking over my collection and forgot one

an endura 4 with emerson opener. boy i really love this knife feature, i honestly believe it is one of the most innovative designs to ever be incorporated into a knife. but thats just me. id really like to see the feature incorporated on more knives.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Nice collection, and welcome to the forums
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Welcome to the forum.
I have been collecting knives for years but just started collecting Spyderco's in October. I now have 46 Spydies with a couple of preorders and a couple in rout.
You just cant get away from a Spyder bite.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Welcome Gus88. You most cetaiy are bitten. And yes, get the Caly 3 CF. It is a classic and a very refined knife.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
gus88

Post by gus88 »

im freaking out here guys.
the other day i ordered

Poliwog G10
Caly3 CF
Superleaf

and then just now I jumped on a Grey G10 Para2!!! I just had to get that one.
I think I will not buy another knife for a few weeks at least now (unless I want to be eating ramen and beans for life LOL)

but I really really want to get 2 more digicamo black blade para2's...one for my dad, and one to hide away for about a decade, maybe years after I have forgotten about it :D :D :D
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

marcdurant wrote:I was expecting a story and some bloody emergency room pictures!
Exactly.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!