SuperHawk CF mess up!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wisehybred

SuperHawk CF mess up!! UPDATE!!! With Pics

Post by Wisehybred »

So I'm kind of pissed right now. I ordered Two Superhawk CF knifes from Sierra Trading and when they arrived today i was greeted with two Byrd Crossbills in the Superhawk boxes!! Man i know **** happens but the lady on the phone when i ordered them said there were 6 in stock. When i mentioned this to the lady on the phone today she told me that there was only 1 at the time?? I was a bit confused. She said that should not have happen. Well they don't have any in stock obviously because they are discontinued, so I'm kind of bummed right now :( Wonder if anyone else that ordered these gets the same thing i did?
Visual Articulation

Post by Visual Articulation »

That is just ...wow.... sickening and ...wow... are they taking them back ? or correcting the situation in some way or are they doing you dirty ? i ask cause i just missed ordering that deal from them and wondered about them as a place to do business with in general? i do see some pretty sweet deals from them on occasion.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Wow! That is shocking!

Someone probably bought two of each, put the byrd's in the spyderco box and returned both of the spydies.

That really is sick.
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

Too bad you didn't order two Crossbills and receive two Superhawks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Creepo

Post by Creepo »

Imagine the 2 guys getting a Superhawk in place of a Crossbill...
Well ok that's not necessarily what happened but still, that's messed up. :(
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Not to bang on any specific company, but I've had similar (but not identical) issues with this vendor in the past. To their credit, they have always been good at correcting the situation - but discontinued and low-stock items sometimes can't be replaced, as you found out.

Sorry to hear that, Wisehybred.
TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

I ordered one from SP...I guess I'll find out soon what the deal is....LOL
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Ummm, how much did you pay for each?
If they didn't put you back at least $100 each, then you can't expect Superhawks...

Did you pay that much, or did you pay $30 a piece and expect Superhawks?

If its the former, thats a definite screw up on their part.|
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

$117 was the tally per knife. I just checked mine is on the Brown truck for delivery....will post a pic when it shows up....What are the wagers it's a Superhawk vs a Crossbill....
HotSoup wrote:Ummm, how much did you pay for each?
If they didn't put you back at least $100 each, then you can't expect Superhawks...

Its if the former, thats a definite screw up on their part.|
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Wisehybred

Soooo.....im soo happie

Post by Wisehybred »

Ok, ive been on the phone since the email. They found some in their warehouse in Cody, last two!! So if any of you receive something other than what you ordered im sorry that i got the only ones available. They treated my right gave me the discount of 30%, charged no shipping and gave me a 20.00 ecard to tac on!! So it was at 188.00 for two! Happy day :) :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

HotSoup wrote:Ummm, how much did you pay for each?

If its the former, thats a definite screw up on their part.|
I originally paid 232.00 with shipping and got two Byrd's. But now its 188.00 to my door :)
Visual Articulation

Im So HAPPPy ! lol

Post by Visual Articulation »

Well that surely answers the Customer Svc ? i had posed. freeing me of any question on ordering from poorfish. thx alot =P
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Visual Articulation wrote:Well that surely answers the Customer Svc ? i had posed. freeing me of any question on ordering from poorfish. thx alot =P
The problem with the OP was not from poorfish... It was with Serria Trading Post.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

And the verdict is: Same thing...Not only is it a Byrd, but the finish is poor and it's rusting where it's stamped. But's all good because the packaging is made from 66% recycled material. :eek:
Attachments
spydercrock.jpg
spydercrock.jpg (61.24 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Theodore Roosevelt
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Poorfish doesn't have the world's most responsive customer service, but at least (in my experience) they send what you ordered.
Visual Articulation wrote:Well that surely answers the Customer Svc ? i had posed. freeing me of any question on ordering from poorfish. thx alot =P
Theodore Roosevelt
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

wsdavies wrote:And the verdict is: Same thing...Not only is it a Byrd, but the finish is poor and it's rusting where it's stamped. But's all good because the packaging is made from 66% recycled material. :eek:
This is nuts!

Call them ASAP
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

Sorry this had to happen to you. The byrd i got was also very poor quality!! Already sent it back :) .
Wisehybred

Post by Wisehybred »

wsdavies wrote:And the verdict is: Same thing...Not only is it a Byrd, but the finish is poor and it's rusting where it's stamped. But's all good because the packaging is made from 66% recycled material. :eek:
Let me know what they do for you
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

No mas Superhawks hombre. So they offered me the $20 egift Cert. but with $12.95 shipping it's worth $8 to me. Let's face it, almost any site offers free shipping on $100 + items especially when they are small like a knife. So I'm S.O.L. on the Superhawk. I don't fault them 100%. Some D. bag in their warehouse scammed them, or like what was said before, someone ordered a few Superhawks and returned some Byrd Crossbills...they look enough alike that I can see your average minimum wage warehouse worker falling for it. Either way it sucks. :(
Wisehybred wrote:Let me know what they do for you
Theodore Roosevelt
Mwalle6

Post by Mwalle6 »

Oh man!!! Well mine is expected to arrive tomorrow. I guess I shouldnt be too excited seeing as it looks like i've just been screwed.
Member of the LH Military Club

My Spydies - Military Lefty, Endura 4 PE, Caly 3.5 Super Blue, Chaparal, Bolstered Manbug, Nishijin Cricket Caly 3.5 ZDP/CF