New S90V Para 2 :D

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Reeper22

New S90V Para 2 :D

Post by Reeper22 »

So, my s90v Para 2 just came yesterday, wow! Just wanted to say thanks to Eric and Sal for making such awesome products and this may be their best yet. My favorite materials on my favorite Spydie with my favorite lock. Keep it up Spyderco team and now the wait begins for my S90v CF Millie 2.

P.S. Sorry for no pics, my Blackerry got jacked and I don't have a digicamera. Will work on it.
:spyder: Keep you blades sharp and your wits sharper :spyder:
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Congrats.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I agree. My endless search for a better EDC can rest (at least for a long while).

Now that I swapped out the shiny clip for a black one, it's perfect, and as far as I'm concerned, leaves nothing to be desired. :D
:bug-red-white
PovertyViaKnifeCollecting

Post by PovertyViaKnifeCollecting »

can't wait for mine, should get it late this week.
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Did get mine and it will be my new EDC for a Long....Long....Time... :D
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I just got mine. I was blown away! I loved the D2 Para 1, but this is so much more. The blade is slightly longer making it seem less stubby, The CF is beautiful (though I had to go over the inside corners with 600 grit to smooth them a touch), The handle shape is great, and the option to RH tip up carry wins it. The only think I'm not in love with is the shiny clip. I just need to bead blast this one and it'll be perfect.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, I swapped the shiny clips on both my Para2s (CF and black G-10) with black clips from colored FFG Delicas. The S90V is plenty of bling for me. I like my clips stealthy.
:bug-red-white
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

Congrats. i'm still trying to find one.
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I really like it too, but I became so accustomed to the Manix II (S90V/CF) that I'm still slightly favoring it. Slightly...and that could change. The Para 2, bar none, is a real winner though. I'm keeping mine!
PovertyViaKnifeCollecting

Post by PovertyViaKnifeCollecting »

Just got my S90V Para 2 today.

This knife is really amazing. It takes everything I love about my all time favorite, the Military, and just scales it down to a smaller size. The ergos on this knife are spot on for my size of hand and I love the jimping on the blade and handle.

also, S90V = Jedi Light Saber :)

Hopefully everyone who wants one gets a hold of one.
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Congrats! I know the s90vs were limited, but does anyone know when it will be possible to get a hold of just the plain s30v one? I'm not going even attempt to get a s90v one, I will be perfectly happy with a s30v.
orchunter93

Post by orchunter93 »

Freediver wrote:Congrats! I know the s90vs were limited, but does anyone know when it will be possible to get a hold of just the plain s30v one? I'm not going even attempt to get a s90v one, I will be perfectly happy with a s30v.
itll probably be a little while, but if you check out the 2011 catalog, you can see that spyderco will be rolling out a bunch of other models this coming year...shouldnt be too hard once they start producing them.
p3pe

Post by p3pe »

I bought it on ebay today, at lets say a small premium :) . Cant wait to recieve it!
Police3 G10 PE, Civilian G10 SE, Para-Mill 2 PE CF CPM-S90V and Delica FRN VG10 SE + a Catcherman
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Not wanting to pay the monster premiums for this knife (although it is a splendid piece of work), I am opting to wait for a G10 model. I want this blade to be a real user - and I can't justify paying double, almost triple the price for that beautiful CF... Grumble...grumble...grumble...

...and I'm waiting... :-)

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

how about para2 digicam and para2 digicam dlc?
unless its an error in the catalog (the number 2 is missing from the sku but it says "the para 2 with etc etc and has "new" written next to it ) the will have like 6 different para2 's to choose from
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Got mine today! Wooohooooo! Will post photos later, of course. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

p3pe wrote:I bought it on ebay today, at lets say a small premium :) . Cant wait to recieve it!
I don't know which one you bought, but a quick search shows only Para2 S90V sprints selling near or below Spyderco's MSRP. I'm not going to comment at all on eBay profiteering, but I will say that I don't think you need to feel badly about paying MSRP or less for this knife. You'll be pleased with it for years and years and years.
p3pe

Post by p3pe »

I dont feel bad about the price, I had to have it. and after beeing outbit 3 times i just opted for the buy it now (still 5 left). 289 usd + 35usd in shipping
Police3 G10 PE, Civilian G10 SE, Para-Mill 2 PE CF CPM-S90V and Delica FRN VG10 SE + a Catcherman