1 year (almost) Give-A-Way

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dbcad

1 year (almost) Give-A-Way

Post by dbcad »

Hey folks,

I'm giving away an FFG VG-10 Brown Endura. I've checked with Kristi. 1 post only allowed.

Winner will be chosen by Random.org by post number.

This knife has become superfluous to me, and I would like to gift it to someone who'll appreciate it.

Requirements are:

Say why you appreciate the forum

Have 10 posts or more

Say what you like about Spyderco knives, and what you appreciate about the company that builds them.

Post a pic if you can

I've been here almost a year, have been incredibly lucky with a GAW and Calendar contest, and have learned so much. I had a desire to give something back.

The knife is an FFG VG-10 Brown Endura, carried a few times, rarely used, NIB really. Checked the condition of it today. Super sharp with a factory edge :D Original box and packing material, small tear in the box.

I'll ship providing it'll go there in a USPS flat rate box. All other charges are the responsibility of the recipient.

Thanks to all the good folks in the forum that have helped me scratch this itch for knives I've had for decades. Spyderco makes some of the best production knives out there. The forum they've provided reflects the quality of the products they produce. Thanks to all for the experience you share :D

I'll PM and post the winner in 7 days.
Attachments
Endura vg-10 ffg.jpg
Endura vg-10 ffg.jpg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 3558 times
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
LowSpeedHighDrag

Post by LowSpeedHighDrag »

Hey, Im glockfire.

I like that I never have to second guess my Spyderco's. I know they will always work.

I love that when I deployed in 09, Spyderco sent me 10 phone cards to call home with.

And my old Para doing what every knife should be doing, being used in the wild!
MOLON LABE
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Ok here goes...

I appreciate the forum, first and foremost because Sal himself is a good enough guy to be here and be a part of it first hand, which gives me the impression that he cares about his product and the people who support his company. That's just good business ethic, and i respect that a lot. Second, i appreciate the wealth of knowledge and help i get from everyone and i like to learn new things, both of which are easy to come by here.

I love Spyderco knives because they seem to be built by knife guys for knife guys. They don't stick to cookie cutter designs and slump out the same old crap year after year, and they actually listen to their customers which is very nice. Spyderco knives each have their own personality and after owning certain models and using them enough you build a relationship with them and i've never had that with another brand. Basically you're either a Spyderco guy, or you haven't own enough of them to understand yet :D

I don't have a pic of myself but here's my beloved Caly 3
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm in. Thanks for the chance dbcad, very generous of you.

As I mentioned before, I appreciate this forum because of the wealth of knife and steel knowledge that is freely shared here. This makes this forum a valuable resource for anybody wanting to know about spyderco knives, knives in general, and cutlery steels.

Spyderco knives work for what I need them for. For me, the military or the endura are the most comfortable knives gripwise, chinook 3 gives me the most secure grip,and for all around EDC, the stretch is hard to beat.

The participation of Sal and the crew in this and other forums, makes Spyderco one of the most receptive knife making companies that I know of.

Oh BTW, since I'm in the Philippines, I'll pay for shipping if I win.

Oh, and I never tire of posting pics. So here's my pic.

[img][IMG]http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/3209 ... range5.jpg[/img] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

And you like pics Evil D, That's the scary ZDP edge I was looking at :D
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jylong_away

Post by jylong_away »

hi, I'm dave

I love this forum because it keeps me updated about the latest Spydies, and is also a source of inspiration for modifications for them!

Sal and the crew(have dalt woth charlynn in particular) have been so accomodatong in providing help and info, among other things. Really appreciate it!

Plus, I've never actually owned an endura before...
ffbeerd

Post by ffbeerd »

Hey all, ffbeerd here.

I enjoy the forum because of the general maturity displayed here. There's a wealth of knowledge available on many knife forums, but here you have both the knowledge and respect that makes it enjoyable to keep coming back to. I may not have a ton of posts, but I've been on the site for about 3 years now (with an old account).

I have a number of reasons why I prefer Spyderco knifes:
-It's a Colorado company
-I have friends that work there
-They make a high-quality product
-They make unique products
-The company's leaders are admirable people

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5849/img1274pl.jpg
Buckles

Post by Buckles »

I appreciate the forum, because without it I would probably still be buying my knives from walmart.

As far as the company goes, I love Spyderco because they actually listen to their customers. It awesome to see when suggestions from the forum show up in new models.

8 :spyder:'s and counting
AtlanticSalt, Endura, Endura4 FFG, "Custom" Native, Delica4, Bug, Honeybee,Grasshopper, Poliwog, TasmanSalt, Forager
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Hello and thanks for the give-a-way!

I just PM'ed Kristi myself asking if it was OK to do a GAW. I will wait a few weeks to post mine.

The main reason I appreciate this forum is because its more of a community than most online forums. Where do you find people who are willing to send someone a knife for free because they lost their knife? Where do you get answers from the founder of the company? Where do you get such knowledge and commitment about a product? The spyderco forums!

What I like about spyderco? I love that they "break the mold" and do not follow the norm. While some people might think they make some wacky looking knives, I love the looks. Ergos, steel, shape, colors, clips, everything about spyderco screams quality!

Speaking about wacky looking blades heres my kick anus dodo :)

Thanks again, Chris
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Congratulations, and thanks for the opportunity. I will decline so that someone else can win it. Good luck to you all. :D

- best wishes, Jazz.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

First off Congrats...Very generous offer indeed: I'll play!
Say why you appreciate the forum
This is a great place with wonderful people, who are caring and compassionate as well as passionate about sharing their knowledge about knives and other things. We are all like family to each other...I Like that...

Have 10 posts or more
Yep got that...LOL

Say what you like about Spyderco knives, and what you appreciate about the company that builds them.
Spyderco knives are some of the best factory made knives on the market today as well as yesteryear....The care, workmanship, and attention to detail by Sal and company make it such....
[img]<a%20href="http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... ucket"></a>[/img]
Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Doc is that electrical tape on that handle? LOL
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
LDB

Post by LDB »

I'm in. I'm new to Spyderco knives and the forum. I appreciate it for the breadth and depth of knowledge as well as the helpfulness and friendliness of the members. I like the company for having at least partial U.S. presence in their operations and manufacturing. Thanks for the chance to win a cool knife. Good luck to everyone and especially to me. :)
Leatherneck

Post by Leatherneck »

Thanks for the generous chance at a great knife! I grew up with slip joints, Bucks and small lockbacks. I had never really saw a Spyderco at a store and it wasn't until I found this forum that they sparked my interest. I was all ready to buy a benchmade when these "Odd" looking knives had some weird appeal to me. I like a company that ties a forum to a product, takes interest in what folks have to say and actually participate! It's a combo that makes for one **** of a great reputation. :)

[CENTER]How could you not like these!
Image[/CENTER]

USMC RETIRED
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HeiHeit

Post by HeiHeit »

First off, thanks very much for the chance. I don't always post much here, but I do lurk a lot. It is a fantastic place with fantastic people. The help this forum offers is outstanding and the fact the the CEO of a company actually comes on to help anybody with a problem and appreciates our feedback.

Spyderco's, I've found, are the most ergonomically oriented knives out there bar none. It's like they were made to fit my hand. Full flat grinds, sharp edges, proper fit and finish, great steels, and great handle materials all bolster my love for Spyderco.

Here is a picture that I posted for the calender contest which I never ended up winning, but it was great fun.

Dodge

Post by Dodge »

Thank you for the chance.

To start off I like this forum because of it's members!! We all have an affinity to Spyderco. I like having a chance to check out new products before the rest of the know world :cool: . I like helping out forumites when I can :) But most importantly I like being part of the force that helps shape the best cutlery company in the world and maybe even the universe :eek:

Spyderco has shaped the industry in so many ways that they could write a book (and they did) about it. I like owning/using a knife with un ending praise, history, innovation, and "cutting edge“ styling and to me the only way to get that is by having "The bug on box"

Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

My camera doesn't do well at all with close-ups. But I own an orange Urban, and a british racing green Delica.

I have trouble imagining buying non-Spyderco knives in the future. Why?

- Spyderco does not confuse solidity with heft
- Spyderco tells me precisely what steel (and other components) I am buying
- Spyderco does just about the nearest thing to Open Source Software that one can do with, you know, hardware.
"If you can't annoy somebody, there's little point in writing." — Kingsley Amis
lamarrk

Post by lamarrk »

This forum is my "go to" place for straight info on Spyderco knives. Lots of knowledgeable people and sometimes even Sal chips in (which is amazing to me).
That's something you don't get with other knife companies.

The one time I've called the "knife ER" at Spyderco, they were most helpful and took care of my issue completely to my satisfaction. A great company do deal with.
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

This forum is probably one of the most congenial forums I have run across and everyone here seems to be like minded and easy going. Not to mention we all have an affinity for sharp things with that little bug on them!

I like spyderco knives mainly bc they have always been and hopefully will always be function over form. Most people think they are ugly until they start using them, then they begin to appreciate the designs.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I appreciate this forum for all the knowledgeable, friendly, understanding people here. I also don't really have anyone else I can talk to about knives (without them thinking I'm crazy). And it's nice that Spyderco and Sal have such a presence here, and listen and respond to us. Also, this is one of the few forums that isn't overrun with ignorant 12 year olds ruining things for the rest of us.

As far as Spyderco, I like the depth, and intelligence of their product line. Not wannabe mall ninja tacticool gear, but thoughtful, ergonomic and in most cases beautiful designs that are more than the sum of their parts. The ethnic series is amazing, and all the sprint runs keep things interesting. And their commitment to honest, ethical business practices. All these things keep me coming back.

Here's a picture of almost all my Schempp collection. Thanks dbcad for doing this!

:bug-red-white