Spyides Guys....*Please Read*

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
cosmo7809

Spyides Guys....*Please Read*

Post by cosmo7809 »

Ok, first I want to say I know Sal and the crew are not fans of alot of trash talking about other people on the forum. I completely understand that. I hope we can all act like grownups here and have a adult conversation. Please guys, no name calling, no cursing, nothing that will make Sal upset as this is his home.

The facts:
Ok, so... As we all know Jess from spydieguy's is not the greatest of people. He has a past negative history here at the forums that I will not bring up. As most know he had a very large ebay store. Selling products of spyderco, Phiten, surefire, etc. About a month a month ago he made an announcement(on youtube and his website) that "spydieguys" will stop selling on ebay for a number of reasons. You can see why in his youtube videos. He has a picture of the ebay name being urinated on. So fast foward to about a week ago. As usual I am searching ebay for spyderco's when I come across a seller named habadash2010 whose pictures look a little too familiar. Then I see seller location is Texas. And finally all of his products being sold are spydercos and Phitens... Ummm.

I did not want to jump to conclusions so I did some research. I find this thread(http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... 139&page=5) Starting from thread #96 explains what I am writing here.

I am looking out for my fellow forum members and providing you with facts. I do not want to see any one us get screwed in the future because we were not aware of spydie guys TERRIBLE business ethics.

After reading this, you make the choice for yourself if you are willing to do business with a company like this.

Thank you, Chris
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Better late than never. ;)

I noticed the photos first, about a week after someone posted that he had been banned from eBay. I've bought a few things from him with no problems, but YMMV.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

If I remember correctly Spydie Guys is in Mansfield Texas. Being from Texas I also noticed that this new seller is in Arlington Texas. Those 2 towns are 13 miles apart.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
vito72

Post by vito72 »

Thanks Cosmo im with you, are some months im looking habadash2010 and at first look i was around on the seller page and from products and pictures i was sure at 100% he was the same from Spidieguys.
But i was buy from them a ot of times and never i had a problem just one time some delay but was from post.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i dont want anything to do with him either way but thanx a lot cosmo! i appreciate it.

maybe sales are low
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely something fishy there.
Bluntrauma wrote:If I remember correctly Spydie Guys is in Mansfield Texas. Being from Texas I also noticed that this new seller is in Arlington Texas. Those 2 towns are 13 miles apart.
Which is pretty close and, unless eBay rules have changed, sellers never needed to list their true address in their auction listings. Years back I bought a few Spyderco's from a fellow who used Golden CO as his location in his auction listings, but shipped from somewhere in AZ.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
AH2525

Post by AH2525 »

Here's another bit of craziness. I was "watching" 2 knives from habadash2010 and even bid on one this morning (less than 2 hours ago) and now ALL of them are ended abruptly and in fact habadash2010 shows no items for sale. It's actually gotten to be funny in a twisted sort of way. Ultimately though it is sad that folks cannot just deal honestly and nicely with others anymore. We have lost a good deal of civility in our world.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

*Shakes head*.... Thanks for pointing that out.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I just had 1 experience a year ago ... I bought a Terzuola & they billed my credit card immediately ... a week later no news so I phoned them ... very friendly and polite but the knife was on a 30-day back order with no ETA date so they offered me an immediate refund ... 2 days later I had to email them again and then I got the money back. Not great business practice but in a busy office not everything gets done when they'd like it to be done.
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

edit: shiney footprints
I don't shop ebay so it doesn't matter to me.
frontline29

Post by frontline29 »

AH2525 wrote:Here's another bit of craziness. I was "watching" 2 knives from habadash2010 and even bid on one this morning (less than 2 hours ago) and now ALL of them are ended abruptly and in fact habadash2010 shows no items for sale. It's actually gotten to be funny in a twisted sort of way. Ultimately though it is sad that folks cannot just deal honestly and nicely with others anymore. We have lost a good deal of civility in our world.
Also shakes head. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking out for us Cosmo. ;)
2cha

Post by 2cha »

cosmo7809 wrote:Ok, first I want to say I know Sal and the crew are not fans of alot of trash talking about other people on the forum. I completely understand that.
So, what you're saying is that you know the rules, but feel OK breaking them?
cosmo7809 wrote:He basically calls them every name in the book
Unless I was watched a different pair of youtube videos, this is NOT TRUE. He called ebay no names whatsoever. His only off color language was referring to himself as a "Fat A%%." What he does do is to level reasoned complaints regarding ebay's business practices.
cosmo7809 wrote:having a picture of the ebay name being urinated on.
Again, assuming that you're talking about videos from the spydieguys channel, this is untrue. What the video shows is an ebay graphic superimposed over a poorly cleaned toilet--no urine or etc evident--and then a picture of a different toilet being flushed. Childish, perhaps, but you misstate the facts.

I, for one, was perfectly fine with spydieguys. I had a problem. It was resolved. I will miss their auctions. I got my absolute best deals ever from them. Would I want to sit down on the beach with JD? Probably not. But I was sure happy when I was able to buy a G10 UKPK for $25.00.

I think you're out of line for breaking the "shiny footprints" rules and--assuming we're talking about the same videos, lying about what they contain. If there was a different video up, my apologies about the lying comment.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

To tell the truth I suspected that habadash2010 is Jess. Pictures, location, auction style.
2cha wrote: I, for one, was perfectly fine with spydieguys. I had a problem. It was resolved. I will miss their auctions. I got my absolute best deals ever from them.
+1
May be it is my luck :) , but this is my experience exactly. I bought around ten knives from Jess. Everything went well. One knife came defective, within a week I had a new knife. I will miss deals.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Post from BF wrote:Sorry, Spyderco has way too many models being produced in Golden, and are out of about HALF their Golden models right now. Not good for a lot of my customers..
I see. So it's been Spyderco's fault all along :rolleyes:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Freediver

Post by Freediver »

Thanks for the warning.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

2cha wrote: Again, assuming that you're talking about videos from the spydieguys channel, this is untrue. What the video shows is an ebay graphic superimposed over a poorly cleaned toilet--no urine or etc evident--and then a picture of a different toilet being flushed. Childish, perhaps, but you misstate the facts.
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Thanks for the heads up.
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

2cha wrote:So, what you're saying is that you know the rules, but feel OK breaking them?
Let's not pretend that there aren't times where people who know and respect the rules of a particular place are compelled to do something that may go past the boundary. Maybe it's because they have to say their peace on a certain matter, maybe they feel they're doing a service to help or warn others.

I feel like the OP is ultimately acting in good faith to provide information to people so they can be forewarned about buying Spydercos from a source whose track record of business practices seems to be checkered at best, and who used to be an active and popular participant in the Spyderco online community. If the admins don't want the thread to stay here, it won't, but cosmo will still have done what he felt was right and said his peace.
~ Nate
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

jujigatame wrote:Let's not pretend that there aren't times where people who know and respect the rules of a particular place are compelled to do something that may go past the boundary. Maybe it's because they have to say their peace on a certain matter, maybe they feel they're doing a service to help or warn others.

I feel like the OP is ultimately acting in good faith to provide information to people so they can be forewarned about buying Spydercos from a source whose track record of business practices seems to be checkered at best, and who used to be an active and popular participant in the Spyderco online community. If the admins don't want the thread to stay here, it won't, but cosmo will still have done what he felt was right and said his peace.
Thank you very much. I was trying to think of something and you basically said everything I wanted to say.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

I don't use ebay as much as I used to but I do appreciate the heads up. I have won a couple of his auctions in the past but the knives were not in stock. At any given time there is nearly 4000 Spyderco's on ebay and it looks like a big store front. Finding the good individual sellers is rather time consuming any more but enough of my ebay rant...

And on a side note, a few years back when I signed up for the collector club Spydieguys was one of the first dealers they recommended to me. He does bring a lot of business to the company I presume.