Ebay All Aluminum Chinese Spydie. Seller with 100% Feedback :(

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Blerv

Ebay All Aluminum Fake Spydie. Seller with 100% Feedback :(

Post by Blerv »

Sigh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spyderco-folding-kn ... 45f6265708

It's so sad. 100% good feedback too!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Reported :D

The thing about feedback is that it is a very bad way to know whether a trader sells fakes. I have seen people who are selling obvious fake clothes or hi-fi equipment with crazy-high feedback ... all because people who buy that stuff usually think they have got a good deal or they are totally unaware that they have bought a fake ... that is, until after a few months of using the rubbish, when it breaks, but by that time feedback has been left already. :(
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I've been seeing more and more US sellers trying to sell these chinese knockoffs...
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

ClusterFlux wrote:I've been seeing more and more US sellers trying to sell these chinese knockoffs...
It isn't a knockoff of any Spyderco I've seen. Maybe a super secret ultra rare prototype? I realize it's an instant reflex to want to blame China but I couldn't find anywhere where the country of origin was disclosed. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

Jay_Ev wrote:It isn't a knockoff of any Spyderco I've seen. Maybe a super secret ultra rare prototype? I realize it's an instant reflex to want to blame China but I couldn't find anywhere where the country of origin was disclosed. :(
It's not a direct copy of any particular spyderco model, but rather a knife with imitated features (this one has the Byrd style hole) and happen to have spyderco written on the handle. With this particular knife, the box is a dead giveaway. This Thread has a lot of examples (including the knife originally posted by Blerv).
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Jay_Ev wrote:It isn't a knockoff of any Spyderco I've seen. Maybe a super secret ultra rare prototype? I realize it's an instant reflex to want to blame China but I couldn't find anywhere where the country of origin was disclosed. :(
Thanks Jay. I completely agree.

As mentioned I did confirm this same model from another thread in the "Knock-off/Fake" section.

Due to the uncanny resemblance and even color I assumed it was the same Chinese knock-off.

However...there is a chance their knock-off was knocked-off by another company. Maybe one in Iraq! **** nothing gets me more riled up than those knocker-knock-off's from the middle east! =)

Seriously though, editing my topic so I don't sound like a blazing racist. I do have a Kiwi slippy in route (weee!). :)
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

ClusterFlux wrote:It's not a direct copy of any particular spyderco model, but rather a knife with imitated features (this one has the Byrd style hole) and happen to have spyderco written on the handle. With this particular knife, the box is a dead giveaway. This Thread has a lot of examples (including the knife originally posted by Blerv).
Thank you for posting that link and adding details :) .