Schempp mini kriss knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RJNC

Schempp mini kriss knife?

Post by RJNC »

Now that the Balance is out and people seem to really like it, how about a Schempp mini kriss folder? I have it on good authority that Spyderco has a prototype.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Yes please!

How small we talking?
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

I don't know, I wish Spyderco would show us a pic.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

RJNC wrote:Now that the Balance is out and people seem to really like it, how about a Schempp mini kriss folder? I have it on good authority that Spyderco has a prototype.
I have it on good authority that I want one! :D
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Most likely I will pass. I never liked Kris that much.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

RGGHH.
They should do a sprint of the original!

I already find the Kriss had too small of a blade, now a smaller one?

I'll buy it because it will probably be a great Schempp design, but damnit, I want a Kriss as well!
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

Please stop tempting me with new Schempp sprint runs! My wallet can't afford them! :p

Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
v8r

Post by v8r »

bh49 wrote:Most likely I will pass. I never liked Kris that much.
Yeah I didn't like it until I held one in my hand, and then I had to have it.Some knives you just don't understand the design until you hold it in your hand.

I would vote no on the smaller size one.It is just right as is. ;)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Billy

Post by Billy »

v8r wrote:Yeah I didn't like it until I held one in my hand, and then I had to have it.Some knives you just don't understand the design until you hold it in your hand.

My thoughts exactly! The Kris, for me, is one of those knives that literally locks into my hand perfectly in all grips. Not sure how that would translate in a smaller size without changing the ergos.
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Zendemic

Post by Zendemic »

I'd totally be up for a mini kris! In general i think all of Ed Schempp's designs are absolutely amazing, and I can't wait to see some more!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Nah, I want a fixed blade, 12-15" kris next :p
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

v8r wrote:Yeah I didn't like it until I held one in my hand, and then I had to have it.Some knives you just don't understand the design until you hold it in your hand.

I hold Kris in my hand, still own it. Great ergos, love handle, do not care much about blade. It looks good surrounded by Persians. No reason to sell, no reason to buy more, especially mini.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I'd be interested in a mini Kris. If it's an Ed Schempp design, I'm sure it would be impressive. Maybe something the size of a mini Persian?

A FB large Kris would be great too!
:bug-red-white
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

So Spyderco? Pic?
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

Is this idea dead in the water? ...than no harm in showing that prototype...
Doc Pyres

Post by Doc Pyres »

I'd take a mini Kris, a maxi Kris, any kind of Kris, especially a fixed blade Spyderco Kris! Wow, that would be cool! Good ideas!
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

And there's already a prototype Doc!
Phrenik

Post by Phrenik »

Id rather not have a mini kris, unless it really was MINI, like delica or so size, then it has something else to give. Otherwise on a blade like this I would like the normal size version, maybe even bigger [bump it up!] - I know this plays into the legalities issues regarding knife length laws, but we do have the millie, and if memory serves me correctly, the police + millie are larger than the kris. And for a "kris" which was a dagger [fixed blade], it would be nice to see a tiny ground portion at the spear point tip [granted its covered by the handle so you wont cut your self etc etc, all those details], just to play into the role of what it used to be, a defensive/tactical knife. And people will end up disagreeing with me saying the swedge/double ground but one side blunt is fine, and I think its fine too, just throwing out another possibility. Its not a bad thing to have more than one option ya know? and if possible it would like a different color than the red/maroon :p maybe a navy blue. I don't know for this blade I just like the deeper, darker colors. But to each his own.,
dj moonbat

Post by dj moonbat »

The only way they could make a blade more difficult to sharpen that a Mini Kriss would be if Spyderco made a corkscrew. Count me out.