SpydieGuys marketing Matriarch with misleading information.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
HotSoup

SpydieGuys marketing Matriarch with misleading information.

Post by HotSoup »

Check eBay.

Spydieguys are claiming the Matriarchs will only be runs of 400 of each blade config. when it has been announced and made official that they will be 600 by Kristi.

I have messaged them once on eBay, an also informed them through youtube, and asked them to check the forum as well for the confirmation, but they haven't changed the listings and insist on keeping them.

Make of it what you will.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

My guess is ignorance.

I think as a vendor you have to strive for 100% accuracy and proper representation. Still, accidents happen.

The alternative reason is far more dubious. That said, I'm no mind-reader. :)
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

I let them know TWICE that they were runs of 600, and to check for confirmation on from the forum.

Jess (is that his name) argued with me on youtube that they indeed were runes of 400, but I told him to check out Kristi's post. He is no stranger to the forum.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

This seller is no stranger to less than totally honest business practices... do a search.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Doubt anyone would accuse me of belonging to Jess' fan club, but what's the big deal here? 400 of each or 600 of each it's still a Sprint Run. Are you suggesting some would want in if it was 400 but pass if its 600?. Personally, I really doubt that. Besides, the listed sizes of Sprint Runs have always been approximations so unless every single one had already been through QC and counted, I honestly doubt there will be EXACTLY 600 of either edge type. Once you subtract the ones reserved for the Collectors club, 500 may be closer to what's available for regular sale.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Blerv wrote:My guess is ignorance.
Scottie3000 wrote:This seller is no stranger to less than totally honest business practices... do a search.

Not exactly. Originally, while back was announced 400 of each edge.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Not exactly Deacon.
But its out of principal.

400 does make the matter of buying them a little more pressing than 600 though, in my eyes anyway.

Although, now that you mention the CC, (aren't there 200) it would be only 400 for regular sale wouldn't it?

Point is he claimed 400 being MADE of each.

I would hold a dealer to a high standard. Reputation is everything. I am definitely a customer who only buys from companies with high-standards of customer service and decorum, as, they are the only ones who deserve our business.
Bento Box Shop

Post by Bento Box Shop »

HotSoup wrote:Although, now that you mention the CC, (aren't there 200) it would be only 400 for regular sale wouldn't it?
Yes, there are 200, but approximately 75 selected to receive the variant models. As you may know, the brown Matriarch is a variant model.
Bento Box Shop
www.bentoboxshop.com
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'm guessing both versions are variants, since the Matriarch is not a new model. Have no idea how many collectors are signed up for memberships that include variants and/or Sprints, so hard to say exactly how many will be reserved.

As for the rest, as Roman has noted, both figures have been announced. At this point either COULD be an error, although I'd guess the 600 to be more accurate. You are assuming that is a certainty, perhaps Jess doesn't care, perhaps he's assuming the first was correct and this one's a mistake, perhaps he's received correspondence that dealers get which we do not see and which says 400. Given the two figures, perhaps he's asked Spyderco for clarification before changing his advertisements. Too many possibilities for me to pass judgment.

As for the urgency, we're talking selling out in a week, rather than 4 days.
Paul
HotSoup

Post by HotSoup »

Its a certainty. Kristi posted a thread. Its easily accessible information.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

if you are a regular on here or dealt with them personally i am sure you already have an opinion of that seller. i thought i read about 400, 500 and 600 being made of these knives. he went with the lower one in his description, i am quite sure it makes for more exciting bidding when people think there are less knives being made. in the end, let your money go to a seller you like rather than Jess. i doubt many on here buy from here anyways after reading about some of his pratices. i remember reading that he makes a ton of his money on the "S" model. to me that seems like alot of his sales are from people who really dont know much about and are new to the spyderco brand.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

HotSoup wrote:Its a certainty. Kristi posted a thread. Its easily accessible information.
Much as I love Kristi, she's been given incorrect information before and unwittingly passed it on to us. She also is human so, like all of us, she may have made a mistake or two of her own somewhere along the line.

As I said earlier, I'm no fan of Spydieguys. I know I've mentioned in other threads that they're on my "excluded sellers" list. They've been there for three years due to keyword spamming and bulk listing. I even used them as an example in the illustrations for a "How to Exclude an eBay Seller"page I put together back in September of 2007 in response to questions here on how bring an eBay saved search for "Spyderco" down to a manageable size. I'm just not totally convinced this is one of their more egregious offenses.
Paul
ForealBoreal

Post by ForealBoreal »

I thought there was going to be 600 of each too, i was shocked when I read 400 of each.
I jumped on them as soon as I saw them. I've never had a problem with jess though I know others have. I think he will change them after these once sell because I don't think you can change your ebay title once its up.
Looking for: Spyderhawk SE
Looking to move: Rock Salt
Donut

Post by Donut »

A 400 sprint might make me purchase today instead of next week. This is an easy way to lose trust from customers.

It probably won't make much of a difference to many people.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Not that I do not agree with things said here, I would be more upset if spydieguys(of who ever for that matter) said limited of 200 than 600...

400 and 600 are close and its not a major spike.

Of course though, it is the principle.
Come Join Us Click Here
ForealBoreal

Post by ForealBoreal »

cosmo7809 wrote:Not that I do not agree with things said here, I would be more upset if spydieguys(of who ever for that matter) said limited of 200 than 600...

400 and 600 are close and its not a major spike.

Of course though, it is the principle.
exactly. Well hopefully he changes it.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

man after reading this I don't even trust myself to tell the truth :)
markg

Post by markg »

According to a post on his YouTube channel, he claims that Eric told him at Blade that there would be 400 of each.

If you contacted him and you got his staff, they can be a bit "defensive" at times. However my interactions with Jess himself have been pleasant.
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Actually that's 1/3 less, which is pretty significant as far as the mathematics are concerned.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't care either way. It might be an honest mistake, who knows. Luckily we are all members on the forum here and can find the info for ourselves.
ForealBoreal

Post by ForealBoreal »

he fixed it guys.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Spyderco-MATRIARCH-S ... 35ab1d6603

my theory was right. I can't wait for this knife ahhhhhh