Michael Walker C22CF - clip replacement

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
[ITA]Nemo

Michael Walker C22CF - clip replacement

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Hi all,
it is Bruno writing from Rome, I'm new on this forum (this is my first post) I've looked for an introduction section but I haven't found it, so before to make my question I would greet all the forum users.

My Problem is: I've bought a Walker ZDP, the knife is arrived with a clip just a little bit opened. I unscrewed the clip and tryed to straighten it with pliers but the clip broke at my first attempt on it!!! :(

Do you know where I can buy this clip? (new or used)

Do you know if is there a original part service? In Europe too?

Please help me!

Cheers

Bruno

PS(hemmm... sorry for my bad English, my Italian is better!!!)

Post by 224477 »

Hi Nemo,

click here:

http://spyderco.com/contact/

choose "I need a new clip"

complete the details and send it off

Spyderco has an outstanding W&R service, so they will help you for sure.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Mate u rock!

I've just done... now it's time to wait... :o (and hope...)
[ITA]Nemo

phone call???

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Nooooooo,
they are asking me to complete the procedure via phone call!!! :confused:

Is there no other way? I'm Italian is really hard for me make a intercontinental phone call in english...

And now?

Any idea?

Thank you mates.

B
[ITA]Nemo

not a lucky blade

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

...at the moment, no more clip available for this model...

Now I'm definitely sad! :(

B
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

I've seen there are other models tha use the same clip:

1) CoPilot Almite
2) Harpy Carbon
3) Delica Carbon

...but any if these is no longer produced, so the clips are out of stock.

I'm always in contact with Jon (SFO) he is so kind and willing (and patient too LOL), now I'm waiting for his email as soon as the clip will be available. But if anyone can help me... thank you.

Ciao

Nemo
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I'm guessing that, as the knife is quite a new model, they are just behind on making spare parts for it ... but if you keep reminding them I am sure they'll find something for you :)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
BigBrad75

Post by BigBrad75 »

personally, I carry mine without the clip. It stays in my right front pocket at all times, floating around with my spare change among other things. I think that it is the perfect size for this type of carry.
[CENTER]:spyder: G10 Jester with me at ALL times :spyder:
[/CENTER]
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

ChrisR wrote:I'm guessing that, as the knife is quite a new model, they are just behind on making spare parts for it ... but if you keep reminding them I am sure they'll find something for you :)
Oh yeah mate! I will do for sure... ;)
BigBrad75 wrote:personally, I carry mine without the clip. It stays in my right front pocket at all times, floating around with my spare change among other things. I think that it is the perfect size for this type of carry.
Hemmm BigBrad... so you can sell your walker's clip!! Don't you? :D

Ciao

B
[ITA]Nemo

10x to Admins

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Thanks to the admins for moving my thread in the right place.
Sorry for my mistake.

:o :o :o
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

'[ITA wrote:Nemo]Thanks to the admins for moving my thread in the right place.
Sorry for my mistake.

:o :o :o
Can see how that could happen, the Walker is a "limited production" item and the words restricted and limited can often be used interchangeably. Good luck with the clip, it may be a hard one to get since it's only been used on a few very limited production models, so Spyderco may never have asked their Japanese maker to send them spares.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!

Post by 224477 »

Maybe STR who is member here as well would be willing to make you a Titanium clip. Shoot him a PM, you never know :)
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

The Deacon wrote:Can see how that could happen, the Walker is a "limited production" item and the words restricted and limited can often be used interchangeably.
Exactly!! :D
Good luck with the clip, it may be a hard one to get since it's only been used on a few very limited production models, so Spyderco may never have asked their Japanese maker to send them spares.
Yes but the strange thing is that the same clip has been mounted on:

Harpy Carbon
Delica Carbon
Co Pilot Almite

It really an hard cheese this clip is out of stock...
224477 wrote:Maybe STR who is member here as well would be willing to make you a Titanium clip. Shoot him a PM, you never know :)
I Know and I've just contacted him, but Steve can make the clip only if I provide him the old one (at least the part with the holes) but the clip has been definitely destroyed by a soldering attempt... :(

In Italy we say this is a really "sfiga" that means something like "tough luck"!!!

BTW thanks fo your help. :)

B
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Delica CF - 1200 of the right handed ones made at least 7 years ago (the left handed ones used a mirror image clip). Harpy CF - 1200 made, Blue Almite Walker - 1200 made, CoPilot - 1200 made. All of those were four or five years ago. Only recent use is on the CF Walker, again a limited run item.

All relatively small production runs, all probably made by the same Japanese maker. All models purchased mainly by collectors, so less chance of lost/damaged clips than would be the case with knives purchased for use. Which is not to say they may not be trying to get one for you from Japan, but, if that is the case, it may take a while.

EDITED TO ADD - worst case, if Spyderco can't get you one, and you want Steve to make you one, I could loan him the clip from my CF Harpy to use as a model.
Paul
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

The Deacon wrote: ...omissis...
worst case, if Spyderco can't get you one, and you want Steve to make you one, I could loan him the clip from my CF Harpy to use as a model.
Deacon,
I'm speechless!

Really thank you for your willingness, in the worst case (no communications by spyderco within next two months) I will feel free to ask you this good turn, I've seen the clips made by Steve, and should be really a good idea to have one.

Ciao

B

Post by 224477 »

Great from you Paul :)
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Hi Paul,
I've asked STR for a clip blank (without holes) I will make holes by myself using the liner of the knife directly as a mask.

Thank you again for your offer, and thank you all for your help.

Bruno
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Hi Bruno, you're most welcome. Glad you got it sorted out.
Paul
STR

Post by STR »

I made him a blank and if it goes well that should hold him over until Spyderco can get him a new clip. I kind of made it from a pic and I just don't know how its going to work. It should be needing trimmed down after he marks and drills the holes but we'll see. If it fails I may have to see who has one that I can borrow a clip from to copy the shape and hole spotting and try again.

Its in the mail.

STR
It is not necessary to do extraordinary things in life but only to do ordinary things extraordinarily well.

STR's Blog
[ITA]Nemo

Post by [ITA]Nemo »

Yeah! STR is something similar to a "flash" :)
He made the clip from the evening to the morning after... (WOW)

Now I look forward for the clip arrive and let you know.

Thank you Steve, Paul and all.
Thank you to spyderco too, because the unavailability of the clip let me decide to post on this forum (and others international forums, too) and gave me the chance to know you!

Ciao

Bruno

PS(Steve I have all the clip measures in Rome and I will back to my office tomorrow... I can arrange a scan an send you everything via email; so if you want, don't ship anything, wait for the project I made)