Blue Manix 2 S30V w/ 102V Marking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BigBrad75

Blue Manix 2 S30V w/ 102V Marking

Post by BigBrad75 »

I have recently purchased a Blue Manix 2 Sprint Run, with the S30V Full Flat Grind, and the skeletonized liners. The one I got has 102V marked on the top of the blade, next to the Spyder Logo. I have noticed that many of the Sprint Runs do not have this logo, but some of them do. What's the deal? Is mine real, is it fake? I am going nuts trying to figure this out! Will someone with a clue please help me out? Thanks, BigBrad75
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

It is real. It is collector club #102.
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

Ted

Post by Ted »

Don't worry, you are fine. The 102V is the collectors number (collector 102, and the knife is a variation on the original theme.
I can't imagine a company faking a blue manix 2 with a collectors number on it.

Edit: ah, should have typed faster :)
BigBrad75

Post by BigBrad75 »

then why are there some of the same Blue Sprint Run Manix 2's without the 102V ? Thanks
Ted

Post by Ted »

For every model or variation, the first 100-200 are numbered, and the rest are unnumbered.
BigBrad75

Post by BigBrad75 »

ok, so I think I get it now! Out of the 500 on that limited run, the first 200 were numbered and the last 300 were not! So, being as mine says 102V, that means that mine was 102 out of the 500 produced, and the V standing for variation! Great, thanks guys!
brianch

Post by brianch »

basically you have a unique blue manix, the only one in the world that has the 102v marking from the factory =D
:spyder:LF:Lum Folders!:spyder:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBrad75

Post by BigBrad75 »

I already had the regular manix 2, which I LOVE, now I am gonna try to find one of the CF and the S90V Blade Steel. (at a good price of course)
SpydieZ

Post by SpydieZ »

How do you guys get this discontinued sprint runs!!! I look for them constantly and no luck :(
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Check out The Deacon's "Beginner's Guide to Spydie Collecting". You can find it in his sig line. He offers a good summary of the collector's club, as well as some other handy spydie-tips.
lamarrk

Post by lamarrk »

BigBrad75 wrote:ok, so I think I get it now! Out of the 500 on that limited run, the first 200 were numbered and the last 300 were not! So, being as mine says 102V, that means that mine was 102 out of the 500 produced, and the V standing for variation! Great, thanks guys!
Here's a link that describes the collector's club:

http://spyderco.com/forums/showpost....2&postcount=81

I haven't seen any evidence that having a "cc" number adds much to the value of the knife, but it sure helps in identifying it if it were to be stolen (without you having to engrave anything on it).

Congrats on the blue Manix 2. Missed getting one myself, and I do love the blue handles.
SLajos

Post by SLajos »

Hi.
Spyderco Military 102V (nutnfancy) video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImYpuM0B ... re=related
angusW

Post by angusW »

SpydieZ wrote:How do you guys get this discontinued sprint runs!!! I look for them constantly and no luck :(
You have to be pretty vigilant in the many forums that people sell knives as well as ebay. I know a guy that lives in a really nice house. He bought all the hardware in the house from garage sales. He's the one that shows up just as you're setting up on Saturday morning and he ends up getting the good stuff. The people that show up at 11:00 are only left with the crap. I try to be vigilant but just accept that I'm not like that. I just buy the sprint runs when they come out.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies