Perrin PPT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Michael Cook

Perrin PPT

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Hello, all. Sadly I lurk here much more than post, but I had a spyder moment after checking my bank ballance and went to newgraham.com :cool:

I bought my first new spydie in three years today, a Perrin PPT.
The knife looks like a hecka nice knife for MBC, I like heavy backspacers. The pharmacy should have it to me by friday and then I'll try it in place of my usual Yojimbo.
The Yoji's perfection as a descreet MBC knife is the main reason I've more or less stopped buying many folders but, yeesh! that Perrin really Looks like it can lay open some meat!
The Perrin will be judged strictly after carrying the yoji for so long. Looks pretty nifty-nasty, though. :) :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
araneae

Post by araneae »

Been a while since you've been around. Don't be a stranger and keep us posted on your PPT thoughts.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
docwatson

Post by docwatson »

+1 on the perrin, I love mine, don't have a yojimbo, but do have a Blackhawk, be-whared that is a really nice knife as well. The other day, my wife asked,"how many knives do you have on?" I told her four, because she wouldn't have believe five! ;)
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

I got to check out a PPT the other day and I liked it. The handle is thicker than I would prefer for EDC in my pocket but that thickness provided a full and solid grip. Felt really nice in hand.
~ Nate
TimmyBoston

Post by TimmyBoston »

I've been EDCing one for about a week and I really like it. With the deep carry clip and corrugated G-10 it's perfect for carry in khaki pants or shorts.
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

OK, Ive gotta show my support in this thread. Even though I did not buy the PPT for MBC or SD potential, I love it! It has a really high cool factor in addition to being solid as a rock. Its my favorite EDC right now.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Michael Cook

newgraham so rocks

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder :o rdered it mon morning, ups tracking says it shows up wednesday before 14:00! Love the pharmacy! :spyder:

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Michael Cook

goin' to work

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: Off to work, my new Perrin will be there waiting to be opened. Yay UPS. Cheers New graham! :) :spyder:

SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Off to work, my new Perrin will be there waiting to be opened. Yay UPS. Cheers New graham! :) :spyder:
Sounds like you got alot to looks forward to after work. I hope you take some pictures :D
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK
markg

Post by markg »

Good to see you Mike.

Let us know how you feel about this knife, I am interested in a good review from you.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

So, after a week, how do you like the Perrin?

I just got one today, and wow! It's nice. I expected the usual quality, fit and finish from Taiwan, so, no surprise there, it's perfect. But I didn't expect it to be so comfortable in the hand. It does seem heavy. I think its relatively small size makes it feel really dense, but also very solid. Overall I really like it. Not sure if I'll carry it much, but it sure is nice. Another one for the "like it more than expected" category.
:bug-red-white
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Michael Cook wrote: :spyder: Hello, all. Sadly I lurk here much more than post, but I had a spyder moment after checking my bank ballance and went to newgraham.com :cool:
Michael,
Good to see you back
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
stonyman

Post by stonyman »

Hey guys, you think Mike took the PPT and went on extended leave? I guess that means he loves his new purchase! Congrats! :D
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: The PPT is awesome, I will review it within a coupla days. I just got a new girlfriend, she's much younger than I am and I'm very tired. :o :spyder:

TCSpyder

Post by TCSpyder »

I just got my PPT from cutleryshoppe.com. This is a wonderfully built knife and it slices veggies quite well for my pot roast! The handles remind me of TOPS knives. Superb design and built like a Abrams tank.
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting and drinking!
If you cheat, may it be a death; if you steal, may it be a heart; if you fight, may it be for your Brother; and if you drink, may it be with me.:spyder:
bpahk

Post by bpahk »

Does anyone know what kind of pivot the ppt uses? Is it just a simple pivot screw and washers or does it use a bushing system like the para2 or native5?
phaust

Post by phaust »

bpahk wrote:Does anyone know what kind of pivot the ppt uses? Is it just a simple pivot screw and washers or does it use a bushing system like the para2 or native5?
Standard pivot
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I had a Perrin PPT and traded it for a Brown Calypso Sprint. Huge mistake because as much as I love theCaly 3.5 the Calypso is just too big. Now I'm ready to trade the Calypso.
MatthewSB

Post by MatthewSB »

Are these still in production?

Edited to Add:

Nevermind, I see that someone brought back a 3 year old thread and got my hopes up :(

Although, the Spyderco website doesn't show it as being "Discontinued"?
Donut

Post by Donut »

They were discontinued a couple of years ago. I think stock has dried up, but you might be able to find one somewhere or on the secondary market.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!