Manix 2 CTS-XHP production question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
P40_Warhawk

Manix 2 CTS-XHP production question

Post by P40_Warhawk »

I heard a "rumor" that Spyderco will be coming out either with a regular production variant of Manix 2 with a CTS-XHP blade or another sprint run.

I did a search on the forum but found nothing pertaining to this...

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Thanks,
Joe
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

P40_Warhawk wrote:I heard a "rumor" that Spyderco will be coming out either with a regular production variant of Manix 2 with a CTS-XHP blade or another sprint run.

I did a search on the forum but found nothing pertaining to this...

Can someone clear this up for me please?

Thanks,
Joe
I remember Sal authorize (it was phrased this way in that post) additional 600 Manix 2 with CTS-XHP, so with already 400 out it will be 1000 total. When second bunch will be available - who knows...

Thanks, Vassili.
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

Ah.. Thank You Vassili
-Joe
bh49

Post by bh49 »

nozh2002 wrote:I remember Sal authorize (it was phrased this way in that post) additional 600 Manix 2 with CTS-XHP, so with already 400 out it will be 1000 total. When second bunch will be available - who knows...

Thanks, Vassili.
for some reason I thought that 1000 already made :confused:
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

bh49 wrote:for some reason I thought that 1000 already made :confused:

OK, Hmmm...
Maybe someone from Spyderco will reply and we will get the final answer. :confused:
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I am told that the first of two runs came out and sold out earlier this year and that the second run shold be out this summer sometime. I have a preorder for the second run so I sure hope so :D
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

My recollection of the narrative was that the total run was 1,000 knives across both runs, with the second installment yet to come (but likely pre-sold almost everywhere already).

Check this post, which I think is consistent with that: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=1
P40_Warhawk

Post by P40_Warhawk »

JNewell wrote:My recollection of the narrative was that the total run was 1,000 knives across both runs, with the second installment yet to come (but likely pre-sold almost everywhere already).

Check this post, which I think is consistent with that: http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showpost ... ostcount=1
It looks like JNewell may have cleared this all up.. Also, every one who thought 1,00 is probably correct.

Via the link JNewell pointed us to Kristi said... "The Foliage Green Manix2 FFG with CTS-XHP is a limited production run of 1000 pieces. The first batch has started shipping through our normal distribution network. The photo is a production prototype and shows a hollow-ground blade, but these are flat-ground."

It still would be cool if we could get final verification... :rolleyes:
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Seems to me that the CTS-XHP Manix 2 would do just fine as a regular production item.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Scottie3000 wrote:Seems to me that the CTS-XHP Manix 2 would do just fine as a regular production item.
It could happen. The denim-blue Delica ZDP-189 sprint came back as regular production with different scales.
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

How about a CTS-XHP Military with Clear G10 scales instead?
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
nozh2002

Post by nozh2002 »

With is exceptional performance and hopefully better pricing then for Crucible high abrasive alloys - I wish all US models will be made with this steel.

Thanks, Vassili.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

I would like to see a second generation of the FG D2 Para in the Para 2 with XHP. The D2 Para is one of my favorites.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple