Green Rift

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bushbadger

Green Rift

Post by Bushbadger »

This is currently the only Benchmade I own, I've had others but sold them (obviously to fund more Spydercos ;) ). The Rift I wanted to hang on to because it's ugly and beautiful all at the same time. I can't help myself from messing about with knives so this one got a dunking in green Rit dye :D

AKWolf

Post by AKWolf »

Nice treatment on the G10. It is a fine knife one of 2 BM's I own along with the forester/onslaught.
9 er's.....

Latest :spyder:s...C173G, SC90FPGYE, C81GPGR2...
nevermind35

Post by nevermind35 »

Wow thats awesome, have you died g10 before? If so how does it hold up with use and getting it wet etc..? I traded into a mini ritter with pale green g10 wilkins grips and have been thinking about dying them a darker color so that I can see the details and fit and finish better, but I've been concerned about how the color would hold up and if it would bleed off. Sweet knife though!
Current Spydercos: CPM-D2 Para, Mini Manix 80mm, Sage 2.
Waiting on: CPM-M4 Military.

~Ryan
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

Thanks for the compliments guys :) I think with G10 being a fibrous material the dye soaks through (I could be wrong) So far no dye has come off and doesn't look like it will. I've dyed micarta before and that dyes straight into the material.
SUDS

Post by SUDS »

Wow, thats beautiful great Job!
Adam
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Manix 2, Para 2, Frn/Wooden UKPK