"New RARE Spyderco Ladybug Carbon Fiber"

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Blerv

"New RARE Spyderco Ladybug Carbon Fiber"

Post by Blerv »

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RARE-Spyderco-L ... 3caddc3822

Explain to me again why I don't start drinking earlier? sigh. :rolleyes:
Ted

Post by Ted »

Blerv wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/New-RARE-Spyderco-L ... 3caddc3822

Explain to me again why I don't start drinking earlier? sigh. :rolleyes:
The original Ladybug has been made with carbon fiber and is pretty rare. From reading his auction, he has a store and has several other older Ladybug models with other colors. He could have just mixed up the picture.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Ted wrote:The original Ladybug has been made with carbon fiber and is pretty rare. From reading his auction, he has a store and has several other older Ladybug models with other colors. He could have just mixed up the picture.
My thoughts exactly. I just asked him which was wrong, pic or description.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Looks like he's just taken off the misleading picture ... wondering now if he'll add the real ones :D
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ChrisR wrote:Looks like he's just taken off the misleading picture ... wondering now if he'll add the real ones :D
Yep, here's his response to me:
Thank you for your visit to our store. Very sory for the photo mix-up the actual item is the Carbon Fiber scaled Ladybug. We had accidently posted the FRN photos, We do appreciate the alert. We have removed the photos until we can get the proper photos posted. Thanks again for the alert and also the visit to our store.

- hawills
So it certainly appears to have been an honest mistake. Has happened before to others folks starting multiple auctions at the same time.
Paul
Wevil

Post by Wevil »

I bought 2 new in box jesters from this seller recently. When they arrived there were no boxes? When I contacted him about this he offered to sell me boxes for them at $13 each with $5 postage. Not exactly a stand up seller.
tac

Post by tac »

Leave him negative feedback for that? If he's misrepresenting stuff he should lose that 100% positive rating.
35+ :spyder: since 2009, and counting...
robertop88

Post by robertop88 »

Looks like he put it up with the new pictures as an auction...
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Rare-Spyderco-L ... 3cade4a2e1
robertop88

Post by robertop88 »

Looks like he's posted it with the correct pictures as an auction...
robertop88

Post by robertop88 »

He posted it with the correct pictures as an auction...
dialex

Post by dialex »

I was living under the impression that the CF model has a riveted pivot, just like all Ladybugs... :confused:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

dialex wrote:I was living under the impression that the CF model has a riveted pivot, just like all Ladybugs... :confused:
Blimey ... looks like an old Phillips-head wood screw :eek: Have they ever been used on a Spyderco - or is this a Franken-spyder? :rolleyes:
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

dialex wrote:I was living under the impression that the CF model has a riveted pivot, just like all Ladybugs... :confused:
ChrisR wrote:
Blimey ... looks like an old Phillips-head wood screw :eek: Have they ever been used on a Spyderco - or is this a Franken-spyder? :rolleyes:
If that's the case, then mine is too...

[CENTER]Image

[/CENTER]
Paul
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Ok ... looks good to me then ... just it seems odd to have that kind of screw head on a Spydie :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ChrisR wrote:Ok ... looks good to me then ... just it seems odd to have that kind of screw head on a Spydie :)
Same type screw is used for the lockbar pivot and backspacer on the larger CF knives from that era (Cricket, Dragonfly, Delica, Police, Civilian)
Paul
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Ahh, I see - perhaps there was some kind of technical reason to use those screws at that time, with CF ... interesting :) I think I still prefer Torx :D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

ChrisR wrote:Ahh, I see - perhaps there was some kind of technical reason to use those screws at that time, with CF ... interesting :) I think I still prefer Torx :D
They were also used on at least some of the G-10 knives of that era as well. Believe my G-10 Police, Rookie, and Harpy have them. Torx may not have existed 12 years ago, at least not in miniature screw sizes. Also, for any given size screw, both Torx and Allen have the disadvantage of weakening the screw compared with Phillips.
Paul
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

Wevil wrote:I bought 2 new in box jesters from this seller recently. When they arrived there were no boxes? When I contacted him about this he offered to sell me boxes for them at $13 each with $5 postage. Not exactly a stand up seller.
Ah, so your the one who snagged those other two!! He puts the statement (albiet in pretty fine print all the way down at the bottom) that most of his knives are shipped without boxes unless you ask, but at a higher shipping rate. I asked him how much extra it would to send the boxes and he just said don't worry about it and sent them anyways.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i got 6 things in 1 week form him. last week. cf ladybug was one. plus i bought some old ladybugs for a buddy. he is an old man, talks alot. "the old days" story alot. he over nighted both ways, at his exspense a screw up once. to make it right. he is a great seller. i got one of those pink jesters too bro. :) i leave postive feedback every time. well if i remember. he has an old stock supply of hundreds of old great spydies. all nib.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

he added more green pe jesters nib (yes boxex included) for $100
i decided to grab one. free shipping. ill have it 24 hours after it ships on monday. im in nj, he's in ma so shipping ia great!