PPT First Impressions

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i took mine off too. mine was like deformed or soemthing. i think there pointless to begin with. you find it easier with the lanyard?
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

I'm in two minds whether to put the lanyard back on, after a day of carrying it without it's quite difficult to pull it out smoothly with that deep carry clip. I've carried a Paramilitary in my pocket for the last year so I'm used to having something to grab onto. Even though I'm not a fan of lanyards in the case of the PPT it does make sense.
jasong911

Post by jasong911 »

Bushbadger wrote:I'm in two minds whether to put the lanyard back on, after a day of carrying it without it's quite difficult to pull it out smoothly with that deep carry clip. I've carried a Paramilitary in my pocket for the last year so I'm used to having something to grab onto. Even though I'm not a fan of lanyards in the case of the PPT it does make sense.

+1 for Marcus

Not having any butt-end sticking out of my right rear pocket is actually easier on vehicle entries. The millie is **** on the passenger seat of my wife's car.
MCM

Post by MCM »

How odd?
My EDC CF Millie isn't a problem? :D

Jury still out on the PPT...... Luckily, no rush at all....

:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jasong911

Post by jasong911 »

Could be the combination of my large behind and the rear pocket of my jeans that hooks some G10 into the side bolster of the passenger seat.

I could probably use some fancy dance move to get in that side of the car, but I'm missing the normal quota of graceful.

--Jason
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Wow someone must want this one badly....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Bluntrauma wrote:Wow someone must want this one badly....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT
I'd say so. Seems a**p increased his proxy after the bid that put him in the lead, so he's obviously not praying some other numpty will outbid him. :eek: :p
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I noticed that too. More power to him. Too rich for my blood.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

I love mine! The only gripe I have is it's hard to draw and open fast. I'm sure it'll get better with practice. It sits deep in the pocket, good for some situations, bad for others. The ergos are top notch, imo. Feels like it was made just for my hand :D

ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

How much pressure is required to release the lockbar compared to other Spydies like the Sage II or Gayle Bradley?
angusW

Post by angusW »

Man, I wish that came out for lefties as well. That is one nice blade. I'm very tempted to get one but I don't think I could handle it in the right pocket.

Bushbadger, where did you get your G10 for your Manix? I picked some up from a store here in Canada but wasn't too happy with the samples as they were too smooth.
Penge wrote:Hi!

I'am searching for long time ago some user"s manual making lanyards (paracord material), but I did'nt found it. My native languague not english but it's not problem (just don't be too difficult).

If somebodey can write some link I' d be very, very happy!

Thanks!
Here's a video that I learned to make mine. Very clear instructions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAl_6L5 ... zAl_6L5QPE
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

W.E.Roger, thanks for those side pics where you can see the innards of the PPT. It looks like a real tank! Looking forward to this one! (I think it is going to end up being a birthday present from my awesome GF)
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Sure thing, I was hoping that pic would turn out and show the holes inside.

My awesome GF took one of mine! That bottom pic of the knife in a pocket is her pocket, and apparently "her" knife. Glad I bought two :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

WireEdge Roger wrote:Sure thing, I was hoping that pic would turn out and show the holes inside.

My awesome GF took one of mine! That bottom pic of the knife in a pocket is her pocket, and apparently "her" knife. Glad I bought two :D
And if I recall you were concerned it would be too heavy for her to carry :) . Glad she isn't as caught up on "EDC weight" as some forumites. /snicker

The knife looks amazing. Thanks for the pics and reviews! I'm looking forward on putting one in my collection instead of a Sage II. I don't mind the bulk...those thick steel liners and G10 slabs are pure art!
wingspar

Post by wingspar »

Spydieguys put up a video on the Perrin a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JspyEDC
Gary
Will Fly for Food
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Looks like a cool new model.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bushbadger

Post by Bushbadger »

angusW wrote:Bushbadger, where did you get your G10 for your Manix? I picked some up from a store here in Canada but wasn't too happy with the samples as they were too smooth.
I got the G10 off ebay, can't remember the actual seller sorry, it's very good just like Spydercos really :)
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Just got mine today!! Ive been waiting by the mailbox for days! I love the PPT. It looks fits my hand like a Spydie and looks cool. I love the 'corrugated' G10 and the corrugations sort of form a ridge in the middle and helps round the scales a bit - fills the hand nicely. Blade shape is nice and the spine has jimping almost halfway down the blade. I think this is for some heavy duty cutting with the thumb on top? The modified RIL doesnt take a lot of force to open and it is buttery smooth opening and closing. It is heavy as Manix 2, but for some reason doesnt feel as heavy in hand - dont know why.

My only constructive comments are that it seems like the hole is placed slightly differently than other Spydies and it takes a little different thumb pressure to open for me. My son made the same comment. Dont know why, maybe hole is closer to pivot than other Spydies. Will do some comparing and report back. Last comment is the heel if the blade/choil is a little sharp for my taste. I will file it down a little. OK, OK, those are ticky tack. Do I love this knife? YES! Typical Spydie function with lotsa cool factor built in.
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Penge

Post by Penge »

angusW wrote:Man, I wish that came out for lefties as well. That is one nice blade. I'm very tempted to get one but I don't think I could handle it in the right pocket.

Bushbadger, where did you get your G10 for your Manix? I picked some up from a store here in Canada but wasn't too happy with the samples as they were too smooth.

Here's a video that I learned to make mine. Very clear instructions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzAl_6L5 ... zAl_6L5QPE

Thank you I will try it!
Military G-10/S30V, Police SS-PE/ATS-55

Ki kardot ragad kard által is vész el...
Penge

Post by Penge »

Military G-10/S30V, Police SS-PE/ATS-55

Ki kardot ragad kard által is vész el...