Direct from Beijing...

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
tac

Direct from Beijing...

Post by tac »

Is this a genuine Volpe? Looks a little different from the (production prototype) picture on the Spyderco website, but I've never seen one in person.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Stay away. Similar description to one I "bought". Waiting for refund as seller was delisted by ebay. I took a shot thinking they would hold the money on a new seller - hopefully I was right about that and will get my refund.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I've noticed on a lot of Chinese sites that openly sell fakes they almost never give the correct name or product code - just describing it as a folding knife, like in your add. The fact that the auction starts at 0.99 too makes me suspicious and the guy isn't doing himself any favours selling stuff like that with a 0 rating and an obviously junk-able username ;)
My spydies: Squeak, Tenacious, Terzuola, D'Allara, UKPK CF peel-ply pre-production, UKPK CF smooth pre-production, UKPK G10 orange leaf-blade, UKPK FRN grey drop-point, UKPK FRN maroon leaf-blade, Bug ... all PE blades :)

Post by 224477 »

Its this one.

I made a separate thread about the fake volpe before.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The Volpe linked in the first post is a fake. It fooled me because the wood is lighter than the other Volpe fakes I've seen and they don't show the back. However, with a second look I see that the wood is the wrong shape and doesn't have screws.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
tac

Post by tac »

Thanks for the info guys. I suspected that wasn't for real.
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

If it's out of China, it's probably a fake. They sure do gouge for shipping.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Look at the feedback, BOTH by same person, and that person is also a new member of ebay, front? I'd bet that knives already in U.S. I reported to ebay.