Spring Ahead???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I forgot how many things in my house have a dang clock on it! I lost two hours...one from DLS and one from changing all these clocks :rolleyes:

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

vampyrewolf wrote:just move to saskatchewan... we don't change our clocks, ever.

so much easier :p
That's the only thing I miss about Saskatchewan... that and spelling the name that takes all day. ;)

I don't see the point at all of changing the clocks, plus, I just got ripped off of an hour of day off time.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Sithus1966

Post by Sithus1966 »

Stupid bloody Daylights savings garbage.
C05, C05S, C10SRD, C10SBK(x2), C10FPBR, C10GRE, C10FPGR, C11, C11FPBK, C12SBK2, C14 C17 C21, C28BK, C28BK2, C28YL2, C36, C45, C54GPBN, C77, C80GPOR, C81, C81GS, C81GBK2, C85GP2, C86, C86P, C86PET, C90, C94, C95, C106, C109, C116, C122, C123CF, C123, C123GBL, C126(x2), C132GP, C135GP, C136, C137, C138, C140, C142, C146CFP, C148, C158TIP, C161GP, C162, C163PBK, C164GPBN, LBK, LBKII(x2), LYL3HB, LGRE3, MBK, FB20, FB23, FB24SBK, FB31SBK, FBPBK, MT12, MT13, MT16, Woodcraft.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Zenith wrote:You guys must be living on the wrong side of the Equator.....its on its way to winter dammit :p

You guys can do what the rest of the world does...drop daylight savings?
Agree 100% The blanket about sums it up. I have read that Indian quote before, never saw it in a picture, thanks for the graphic.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Deacon wrote:It's that here too Patrick, if I'm going to the trouble of moving, I want warmer weather. I'd prefer a place where there's no snow, or where it's only an occasionaly annoyance at worst. And, since I type slow enough as it is, I'd definitely prefer a place where I don't need to add a "u" to words like color and flavor. :p :D
After living in South Carolina for more than 20 happy years I have learned one thing about snow in South Carolina. If the news announces even the slightest possibility for snowfall, don't try to get to the store for bread, milk or batteries, the shelves will be stripped clean mere seconds after the announcement. :D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Pinetreebbs wrote:After living in South Carolina for more than 20 happy years I have learned one thing about snow in South Carolina. If the news announces even the slightest possibility for snowfall, don't try to get to the store for bread, milk or batteries, the shelves will be stripped clean mere seconds after the announcement. :D
Well I guess there had to be something down here that would be exactly the same as every place I ever lived in New York. :p :D Old habits die hard, so I still make a point of having a couple loaves of bread dough in the freezer, an extra bag of coffee on the shelf, a jar of Creamora in case I run out of half & half, plenty of 123As, and an extra six pack each of beer and TP on hand. :)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

The Deacon wrote:Well I guess there had to be something down here that would be exactly the same as every place I ever lived in New York. :p :D Old habits die hard, so I still make a point of having a couple loaves of bread dough in the freezer, an extra bag of coffee on the shelf, a jar of Creamora in case I run out of half & half, plenty of 123As, and an extra six pack each of beer and TP on hand. :)
Experience speaking. :)
BAL

Post by BAL »

Ok so this isn't the first time that I have been alone in my thoughts, by I love
the daylights saving time. If you don;t like the changing, then leave it this way.
Life's too short, with work and running errands etc, by the time you get home at
night you normally don't have time to do things outside before it gets dark

You can get home, swap clothes and have time to enjoy the sun, nature and what-not.
I do push both ends of the candle in the warmer months with DST, but I'll be dead one
day and won't remember that I was tired.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Bluntrauma wrote:I hear you. I ran around this morning changing clocks all over the house yet I'm too lazy to ever change the clock in the Jeep. If I wasn't in charge of keeping up with the time for 15 employee's I would never know what time it is.
Don't worry about the Jeep. It will be correct in about 6 months. Actually, I put off changing the clock in my car once until it was time to change the clocks again. :)

Normally I will change all the clocks in the house at the same time and everyone knows it. If you leave a couple on the old time it can create come confusion. :)

Jack
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Time is relative to the observer.

We should drop daylight savings and the standard measurement system....
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
eBetty

Post by eBetty »

Yeeah I hate this swings, isn't it amazing how one hour can turn your whole life upside down? :) I always forget to change the time on my clocks at home and my watches as well so every year it catches me by surprise, i bet i'm not the only one!
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

This past weekend's time change has screwed me up completely. In fairness, it might have a bit to do with the raging sinus infection I am currently battling, but I have felt unusually out of sorts since the change.

I don't much mind the change, as it gives me the additional hour of sunlight in the evenings. That said, I really wish they would set it one way and leave it alone - like many of you, I spend the week after a time change resetting clocks in the vehicles and all over the house!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

The Deacon wrote:...seems pointless to switch back and forth anymore.
Yup, they could just choose one and stick with it!
EarthDog
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Sithus1966 wrote:Stupid bloody Daylights savings garbage.
This. 100%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Originally, Daylight Savings Time was created as a way to save money on candles by "gaining" an extra hour of daylight each day.

Not a bad concept when it came about. But ridiculously outdated today. Indiana used to switch from Eastern Standard Time to Central every year because its politicians didn't used to practice that ridiculously outdated concept. Today they do though. Soon after NAFTA came about, Mexico (apparently as a concession) adopted DST too. The result? . . . Mexican parents asking their politicians why all of a sudden they had to send their children off to school in the dark! Yup. Instead of going off to school after the Sun came up during the day, Mexican parents were now forced to get them up in reality an hour earlier than usual. While the Sun was still down.

Honestly, if Ben Franklin were alive today; he'd be amazed at the sheer stupidity of retaining DST in a world where light bulbs and light fixtures are ridiculously more common than dirt.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder: