Green Manix 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
azrida21

Green Manix 2?

Post by azrida21 »

Is there coming out a foliage green manix 2 in stonewash finish any time soon?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Not sure on stonewash. The carpenter steel, f. Green, full flat ground sprint is being preordered already.
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Full flat grind? I though it was hollow ground.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

RedRunner wrote:Full flat grind? I though it was hollow ground.
Despite the catalog picture, Sal confirmed it is FFG
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Do you have a site for pre-order? I'm struggling finding it. I think Sydietalk's shop is broke. There is no knives (of any kind) in there. Checked Knifeworks and kinfecenter too.
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

Got a link to where Sal said the pic was wrong? I had asked earlier, and everyone said it was a hollow grind. I'd prefer FFG!
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

I keep flipping between FFG and Hollow Grind. FFG is "sexy", but I feel like Hollow Grind makes the Manix a real work horse. The Hollow Grind matches the strength of the lock, the grip, the blade profile - the whole package.

At the same time I like the lightweight S90V variant. So with the exotic steels, perhaps FFG is the way to go. But I've decided to hang on to mt 154CM and it might even become my hiking knife.
spoonrobot

Post by spoonrobot »

azrida21

Post by azrida21 »

Thanks guys for the info. I'm picking me up a FG for sure!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Monkeywrangler wrote:Got a link to where Sal said the pic was wrong? I had asked earlier, and everyone said it was a hollow grind. I'd prefer FFG!
My link below might help. I try to stay pretty updated with the goodies to come.
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I don't think Sal said the sprint would stonewashed, but if you buy one perhaps you can find someone to media blast it and then stonewash (tumble or vibrate) the blade for you in an abrasive or polishing media.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
smikesmith3

Post by smikesmith3 »

RedRunner wrote:Do you have a site for pre-order? I'm struggling finding it. I think Sydietalk's shop is broke. There is no knives (of any kind) in there. Checked Knifeworks and kinfecenter too.
Sorry RedRunner - Should have put up a notice sooner. We are actually migrating our store over to something with a lot more features that will help people get better discounts. Sorry about not putting it was closed. Have a great day!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I wasn't a steel snob until I met CTS-XHP."
Spyderco Dealer
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Anyone know if this new green manix is different then the blue manix in that it will now have the option for tip up or tip down? From a preorder site's picture I looked at it shows that option but wasn't sure how accurate the pictures are when the knife isn't even out. thx

If someone wouldn't mind sending me a pm with a site that will actually be getting these and worth placing a preorder with that would be very helpful. found a couple but have never done business with them so wasn't sure.
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

SteelDragon wrote:Anyone know if this new green manix is different then the blue manix in that it will now have the option for tip up or tip down? From a preorder site's picture I looked at it shows that option but wasn't sure how accurate the pictures are when the knife isn't even out. thx

If someone wouldn't mind sending me a pm with a site that will actually be getting these and worth placing a preorder with that would be very helpful. found a couple but have never done business with them so wasn't sure.
I think that it will be tip up only. As I look at my Blue Manix, I think tip down will get in the way of the CBBL.
MCM

Post by MCM »

CBL have all been tip up.
Thankfully......... :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......