Spydie Guys- Dont leave them neg. feedback on ebay or else!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Spider bite

Spydie Guys- Dont leave them neg. feedback on ebay or else!

Post by Spider bite »

I left Spydie Guys neg. feedback due to the fact the two blades they sent me had there name etched on the blade and it did not picture this in any of the pics they had on the listing. I would not of bought them if i knew this. After a bunch of emails with no response from them I left them negative feedback. Now they wont let me bid on there items. Just a heads up.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I really don't understand why you would wish to bid on another auction from a seller who you have left negative feedback.

The few times that I have left negative feedback, I would not even remotely consider ever bidding again on one of those sellers' auctions. I don't even bid on a seller's auction if I have been mildly disappointed in their performance.

There are many sellers on the bay, I just move on.
losabio

Post by losabio »

For clarity, what was etched onto the blade? Was it, for example, a Military that said Military, or was it a Military that said Spydie Guys?
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

Daniel wrote:I really don't understand why you would wish to bid on another auction from a seller who you have left negative feedback.

The few times that I have left negative feedback, I would not even remotely consider ever bidding again on one of those sellers' auctions. I don't even bid on a seller's auction if I have been mildly disappointed in their performance.

There are many sellers on the bay, I just move on.
OK your right. I should of never bid on there items. When will I learn. Shady... It was eched- Spydie Guys.com.
demtek9

Post by demtek9 »

Spider bite wrote:OK your right. I should of never bid on there items. When will I learn. Shady... It was eched- Spydie Guys.com.
A company website etching on the blade....barf
...oh you know why!
Shifty

Post by Shifty »

Wow.... seriously? Etched right into the blade and no indication of this in the item description? If that's true... how ultra tacky. I would have demanded a full refund and returned it. A prime example of free advertising at it's absolute worst.
LorenzoL

Post by LorenzoL »

What knife was that? I find that absurd...
MLR

Post by MLR »

wow...no thanks!
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Shifty wrote:Wow.... seriously? Etched right into the blade and no indication of this in the item description? If that's true... how ultra tacky. I would have demanded a full refund and returned it. A prime example of free advertising at it's absolute worst.
I agree! What kind of crap is that!?! :eek: I don't really care for company stickers on the knife box but it's tolerable. But ETCHED ON THE BLADE?!? That's really tacky. And they don't answer emails or calls on top of it? Jeez, give us a break. :mad:
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

man.. just call your credit card and tell them to put a cancel to those charges.
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I had trouble getting SpydieGuys to respond to multiple requests to service a just-purchased knife, so I ended up opening a case with eBay. I ultimately sent the knife to Spyderco for service, who took good care of me.

I don't even look at SpydieGuys products anymore; however, poor_fish is now getting much attention and $$$ from me. :D

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
Nederspyder

Post by Nederspyder »

Can't wait to hear what JspyEDC (Jess from Spydieguys) has to say about this. I've bought several knives from them, expecting a Chokwe next week, and I've always been happy with my deals.

But if this is true.... :(
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

You got pics of them? I've defended Spydieguys in the past due to several really good transactions with them. I can't really fathom why they would do this though, that is a new low.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
Spider bite

Post by Spider bite »

I will take a pic when I get home.
Chopping Broccoli

Post by Chopping Broccoli »

What knife was the etching on?
Current Spydies....
Captain
Persian
Chinook 3
Manix 2
Stretch (Black CE and Blue ZDP)
Military (orange, brown, and CF)
Para Military 1 (black) (My EDC)
Para Military 2 (grey, orange, brown, blue, green)
Khukuri
Sage 1, 2, 3, & 4
Dodo
Chokwe
Gayle Bradley
Caly 3.5 Super Blue
UKPK
Urban (Wharncliffe and Leaf)
Progrip
Endura (white, orange, and G10)
Delica x6
Dragonfly x2
Ladybug x4
Perrin Street Bowie
Super Leaf

tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

iwolf81 wrote:
I don't even look at SpydieGuys products anymore; however, poor_fish is now getting much attention and $$$ from me. :D

Regards,
Ira
i had a few good transactions with spydie guys but this is BS with the etching. as for poor-fish, great price and every transaction has been smooth. that includes about 15 kopas in the last month or so, i'm hoarding them :p .
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

yeah jess is a spiteful vindictive person....
but i have said this for a year
jess knows he will do a crappy job and doesnt want even more negative feedback. he knows your were burnt last time and is exspecting a better expereience this time and he knows he cant pefrom honestly and just wants to avoid more negative feedback. dont worry the buzz is growing. i pm everyone who leaves feedback with a "copy paste" message about his actions....
all who have been screwed over are fighting back. here is not the place to do it so i will finish this elsewhere

BTW:
poor fish is amazing! NEVER had a problem with them and they are always prompt. just because one transaction is bad dont write off the company. maybe it was a one time thing. but with spydie guys reputation you should have learned your lesson and not bid again....
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Spyharpy

Post by Spyharpy »

iwolf81 wrote:I had trouble getting SpydieGuys to respond to multiple requests to service a just-purchased knife, so I ended up opening a case with eBay.
I'm not surprised at all. Don't hold your breath on getting any kind of response. I have seen some Spydercos with their company website etched on the blade before but I believe that to be very tacky unless they're given away as promotional gifts.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Spider bite wrote:I left Spydie Guys neg. feedback due to the fact the two blades they sent me had there name etched on the blade and it did not picture this in any of the pics they had on the listing. I would not of bought them if i knew this. After a bunch of emails with no response from them I left them negative feedback. Now they wont let me bid on there items. Just a heads up.
Can you post a pic of this blade? That's really tacky...

I stopped buying from them after the Forum Native BS.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Daniel wrote:I really don't understand why you would wish to bid on another auction from a seller who you have left negative feedback.
+1
I would never buy from seller who didn't do the right thing last time.
Regarding Jess. I bought quite a few knives from him. All of them came to in perfect condition except one. I e-mailed pictures to him, he sent me returned address and sent me replacement right away.
I will not hesitate to buy from him again.
I am wondering how long (how many business days) you were waiting before you left negative feedback?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian