Next Mule?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
RedRunner

Next Mule?

Post by RedRunner »

Any guess on what the next Mule will be made from? Maybe the Carpenter steel? How about a guess on how long before we see it?
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

RedRunner wrote:Any guess on what the next Mule will be made from? Maybe the Carpenter steel? How about a guess on how long before we see it?
Best guess on steel, based on a hint from Sal.... CPM-S35VN

Best guess on time-frame... Less than a month. Or after they get the 4th Gen ZDP-189 Mules back and sold.

Then, the Carpenter CTS-XHP is slated to be in a Mule, in fact, they may even already be done, in house.

This information, and a great deal more, is available at my blog about the Spyderco Mule Team Knives.... http://muleprojects.blogspot.com/

Best,
Marion
Marion David Poff
RedRunner

Post by RedRunner »

Any thoughts on the characteristics of these two steels? Both are new to me...as is most Syderco steel.

I'm getting excited about trying my hand at making a set of scales for a Spyderco fixed blade. I think the Mule project concept is a great idea, but for me it satisfies my thrill of acomplishment - to build a knife. It may not be a collector's item, but I will take great satisfaction in knowing I made it. And what better knife blank than from Spyderco with some exotic steel. I'm hoping one of these two are a great exotic steel. So far I think I'd prefer the s90v, but the ZDP189 would have been interesting too.
anti-torsion

Post by anti-torsion »

RedRunner wrote:...but the ZDP189 would have been interesting too.
They are releasing the ZDP again, only with a lower RC, so you can pick one up fresh from the factory pretty soon.

The 2 steels Marion mentioned should be good. S35 is an upgrade to S30 and the CTS-XHP is looking like a stainless version of D2, both should be good.