Spydieguys. Help me here

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BBQ BOY

Spydieguys. Help me here

Post by BBQ BOY »

Hey Y'all. This may be premature but I bought a Gayle Bradley from them yesterday and never received a confirmation. I emailed them today with no reply but checked my order status on their website. It says my order is being processed.
The reason I bought from them is because I have read about how quick they are to get orders out.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Is there a question in there?
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I'd say, give them more time. How long do they have to ship a knife out, according to Ebay's requirements? Give them that much time, then contact them after they exceed the allotted amount.
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
BBQ BOY

Post by BBQ BOY »

yablanowitz wrote:Is there a question in there?
The question is is this typical? i ship items from my business and it would not be typical of me.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

For a short week during the holiday rush, when they may well be processing hundreds of orders every day, I'd say not unexpected. It would not be typical at other times of the year, but this isn't other times of the year. Besides, even if they got it out in seven minutes after you ordered, it'll still take the US Snail a week to get it to you at this time of year. ;)
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Don't worry about it. I've had many deals with Jess (SpydieGuys owner) and he's good to go.

He treats me very well and I get fantastic service from him and his crew. They are good folks.

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I'd say give them a bit more time. Holiday season, overloaded staff (some businesses have drunken staff this time of the year as well :p :D )

I've done business with Jess the owner of Spydieguys as well many times before - not a single disappointment from me. In fact I give him big thumbs up in all transactions.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
dorfinator

Post by dorfinator »

I'm new to the Spyderco knife buying and have already ordered 2 knives from the Spydie Guy and my Stretch hasn't arrived yet buy I do have a USPS confirmation and already received the first one I ordered.

No complaints so far.
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

Give them a reasonable amount of tine. They have a good reputation for a reason. It's been one day and you're worrying? Calm down buddy it will be ok.
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

It's a legit source and good question pertaining to dealer reliability. Thanks for asking.

Remember some knives like the Gayle Bradley are in high demand but People on eBay don't list what they don't have (or shouldn't). I'd be tempted to think the holidays are bogging him down or he's coming back from vacation soon.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

I DONT THINK I CAN SAY THIS AND BE SHINY AT THE SAME TIME BUT I FEEL I MUST:
i am not gonna sit here and bash them but i would warn against them in the future...
i am a patient man but "belinda" the woman who signs the emails is straight rude and lazy. weeks (2 and a day) before i got the package, and the tracking number took 6 days to get and that is after i did a bad feedback on something else cheap i got that had arrived in 6 days. he does that stupid thing with the boxes and folds them and is too dam cheap to use a box and uses a "bag" that gets crushed easily. never met or even talked to jess but his staff or people are straight GARBAGE IMO. sorry sal i guess i had to bash a little...
but this is not another company, this is somewhere where we get out spydies. they need to know this. i will never use them again. i didn't post this a few weeks ago when this went down cause of sals policy of a nice peaceful atmosphere here and didn't want to start a fight or start trouble but since i see he is still a ****** businessman who is most concerned with money (see the "i bought -only admitted to like a dozen but was probably way more than that- 20 purple forums to resell to make MONEY) this may be getting a little mean but i never had an ebay experience like this. and i was warned in the past that using this guy is 50/50 some say he is great and some say he is horrible. well my dealings with him or belinda or whoever was the worst. "oh i didn't get around to sending you the tracking number i will try 2 days from now" wtf!? you place and order and a week later you finally get a response saying now he will try to get to it, the tracking number i mean. it takes 20 seconds top to shoot me an email but i must wait cause your lazy? no you lost my business forever forever. you been warned by me bbqboy, dont take a chance again with them. and dont blame the "holidays" this was weeks before x-mas....weeks! you can say it is an isolated incident but that is bull. i am a calm guy, never beefing with anyone on this forum never chime in on politics but spydiesguys should be ignored like the ugly girl at the dance
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

SmoothOne25 wrote:I DONT THINK I CAN SAY THIS AND BE SHINY AT THE SAME TIME BUT I FEEL I MUST:
Just a future suggestion for you, When you have something like that to say, type it out in MS word, save it till the next day, and if its still worth saying, then post it.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
FLYBYU44

Post by FLYBYU44 »

I've bought several knives from them and never had a problem. I have since found a good Canadian supplier for my Spydies so I no longer use Spydieguys. The few times I did email them a question I never got a response back from them, but they did ship the knife out super fast, one I got in a week which is awesome considering it has to go through customs and all. I'm pretty easy going most the time and I'm in no hurry to get my knives, so shipping time isn't an issue. Some people expect to have the knife in their hands the next day and that is where you will run into troubles with any internet dealer.
Those who choose to live a life without risks, arrive safely at death's door.
phaust

Post by phaust »

The couple of times I've ordered from them, it's been two days between payment and receiving the tracking number (I pay right away).
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

SmoothOne25 wrote:and dont blame the "holidays" this was weeks before x-mas....weeks! you can say it is an isolated incident but that is bull.
Hate to break it to you but the busiest time of the year is not only weeks before Christmas, but the whole month before. While I've only bought one knife from spydieguys (which shipped quickly), I'd have to say that judging by their feedback (99.3% positive) this was an isolated incident. 0.7% bad feedback is pretty dang good, especially considering that there are lots of people that aren't as calm and collected out there. Spydieguys does deserve to get negative feedback, however, in cases like yours where you were treated rudely. Just my 2 cents.
SmoothOne25 wrote:I DONT THINK I CAN SAY THIS AND BE SHINY AT THE SAME...
Then my advice is don't say it.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
nathan310

Post by nathan310 »

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've dealt with guys that are too lazy to send a email and it's irritating. It's like how hard is it to send a email? Are you a retard? Either way it's a good indication of that being a person not to deal with.
Never mistake kindness for weakness.
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

Tricod wrote:Just a future suggestion for you, When you have something like that to say, type it out in MS word, save it till the next day, and if its still worth saying, then post it.
if you can read, carefully this time, i said i was going to weeks ago but decided against thinking isolated incident but obviously not...
jabba359 wrote:Hate to break it to you but the busiest time of the year is not only weeks before Christmas, but the whole month before. While I've only bought one knife from spydieguys (which shipped quickly), I'd have to say that judging by their feedback (99.3% positive) this was an isolated incident. 0.7% bad feedback is pretty dang good, especially considering that there are lots of people that aren't as calm and collected out there. Spydieguys does deserve to get negative feedback, however, in cases like yours where you were treated rudely. Just my 2 cents.

Then my advice is don't say it.
five seconds to send an email.... 5 SECONDS...GARBAGE! imo

and my advice is speak your mind about how you feel, that and free speech and obligation to help others away from this company and shoddy customer service and other probs
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I have had nothing but good service from them in the past.

However, I have also read many accounts of less than stellar service on different forums and in their feedback. Of course, those incidents will occur in the normal course of mail order retail.

One thing that seems to come up regularly is their lack of response to emails. I don't know how many people they have working there, but it may be that they are understaffed. It seems to be a consistent issue in many of the feedbacks and stories on the forums.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I have bought multiple knives from Jess. I think a couple of them I actually got the knife before I got the tracking info so I guess I can't complain. Their shipping has always been super fast, but we are both in Texas so that might have something to do with it.

The only reason I don't buy all my knives from him is that pesky state sales tax runs the price up. Other than that, I have had no problems ever with them worth mentioning.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
araneae

Post by araneae »

I have in the past bought from them. Sometimes with no problems. They NEVER had good communication and did not answer email. That is a big deal to me. If I give you my money, you should stop and listen and give a courteous reply. With the volume they do they should probably have someone answering emails at least part time. For this and other reasons I no longer find it appealing to support that operation.

I hope it works out for you BBQ.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal