Mule leather sheath alert

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Sequimite

Mule leather sheath alert

Post by Sequimite »

For those that prefer leather, I just bought a dozen of these Buck sheaths on ebay:

It is an almost perfect fit for the wrapped Mule which is 3/4" thick at the widest, so this should (IMO, no guarantee) work with well rounded 1/4" scales and definitely with 1/8" scales. The bottom guard of a bare Mule doesn't lock well. Handle needs to be thicker to pull the leather out on the sides and in over the guard.

Various ebay entrepreneurs bought mixed 100+ lots of discontinued Buck sheaths and are selling them individually and in groups. These particular "Mule" sheaths have no model number on the back so they are being described as being like the 191 or Vanguard, but 7" in length rather than 8". The blade pocket is 4" and has a plastic insert. The leather is just shy of 1/8" thick. Looking at completed sales, I've seen these sell from .99 to $8.00 plus varied shipping.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Thanks for the tip. I'm on it!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Hector Castro

Post by Hector Castro »

Nice slab of Burl those sheaths are sitting on!
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Hector Castro wrote:Nice slab of Burl those sheaths are sitting on!
Funny, I noticed the nice swirls in the wood grain before the knives.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Hector Castro wrote:Nice slab of Burl those sheaths are sitting on!
Big leaf maple is all over here. I bought a couple of these slabs for $5 each and have two of these trees on my property that will be cut up because they are dying - hope I get lucky with those.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thanks for the tip, leather is still my favorite material for sheaths :cool:
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.