Seller MIA on the bay, advice? Paid for CF Stretch

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bluemist

Seller MIA on the bay, advice? Paid for CF Stretch

Post by bluemist »

So I paid for a cf stretch and with a seller with good feedback but in my hurry I did not notice his feedback was old, now there are several new negative feedback posts for "item never arrived". I tried to email them and I get the email bounced back with "account disabled" from gmail. This sucks as my first spydie was the first stretch, this has been a long time coming. With the crew here I'm sure this has happened before to at least a couple of us. what did you do to resolve the issue? Isn't it a crime to take my money and never deliver? Actually my instinct tells me something may have happened to the seller, hospitalized or something, it is as if the store has been abandoned. The gmail account being disabled though kinda makes me say "hmmmmmmmmmmmm".

:mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:mad: :( :mad: :(
spyder spyder spyder spyder
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

bluemist wrote:So I paid for a cf stretch and with a seller with good feedback but in my hurry I did not notice his feedback was old, now there are several new negative feedback posts for "item never arrived". I tried to email them and I get the email bounced back with "account disabled" from gmail. This sucks as my first spydie was the first stretch, this has been a long time coming. With the crew here I'm sure this has happened before to at least a couple of us. what did you do to resolve the issue? Isn't it a crime to take my money and never deliver? Actually my instinct tells me something may have happened to the seller, hospitalized or something, it is as if the store has been abandoned. The gmail account being disabled though kinda makes me say "hmmmmmmmmmmmm".

:mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:mad: :( :mad: :(
edit: please no "buyer beware speeches"

I am aware of the old latin saying.

Seller could come through too. I know this is just vaguely knife related but please understand this absolutely 100% knife related. Anything helps.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

How did you pay for the auction?
merthyrmafia

Paypal is the Answer

Post by merthyrmafia »

I not sure were you stand regarding this purchase, you would have no trouble claiming back your money giving the circumstances if you have a Paypal account. If not I really do not now the outcome.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Chances of ever getting the knife are slim, but if you paid with PayPal and within the last 30 days, you have a fairly good chance of getting your money back if you file a dispute with them in a timely manner.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
huugh

Post by huugh »

Contact ebay and ask for their advice?
Clawhammer

Post by Clawhammer »

Just make sure you escalate to dispute immediately...just raising a claim isn't enough!
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Paypal allows 30 days, but I have an extra couple months with the insurance I added on to my Visa (****, I even got theft replacement on purchased goods).

By the sounds of it, I'd start the paperwork required through either paypal or your creditcard to dispute the charge. The seller has dropped off the map, odds are pretty good you won't get anything.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

Old positive feedback, new negative feedback, disabled e-mail account. It sounds to me like the seller's account was hacked and the sale was bogus. Start a dispute immediately. If the seller's PayPal account has been emptied you may already be out of luck unless you paid by credit card. If you paid by CC, initiate chargeback procedings.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

advice received and acted upon, disputed w/ pay pal and I think I will get my money back. Sorry to bring this here but I was out of sorts.

thanks spydie-folk