The Endura Endures

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RebelZero

The Endura Endures

Post by RebelZero »

I know I'm excoriating a dead horse here, but I just had to say it: **** I love my Endura. It was my first Spydie ever and since it I've had a Tasman Salt, a Military, a Police 3, a Native and an ATR. I keep coming back to my Endura SE. I'll carry one of the others for awhile but, after a few weeks, I always end up putting the Endura back in my pocket. The FRN handle grabs my hand when I need to draw and I never feel like I'm gonna drop it. The blade is thick and beefy and I feel like the serrations can handle just about anything.

Sorry for the redundancy. Just needed to tell everyone how much I l still love my first Spyderco
RebelZero

Post by RebelZero »

Sorry. I meant to post this in the "General" discussion. Don't know how I ended up here. Can someone move this thread or am I stuck here?
FIMS

Post by FIMS »

Im ecstatic over the Stretch II I just purchased, but no matter which of the many Spydies I carry day-to-day I always revert back to the good 'ol Endura.

It really is the work horse of the company IMHO.
Oderint Dum Metuant - Let them hate, so long as they fear.

:spyder:'s - I have sincerely now lost count.

http://www.spydiewiki.com/
http://spyderco.com/edge-u-cation/glossary.php
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

The Endura is timeless. Recently got one of my all time favorite knives, an Endura 3 in :spyder: edge. Used it today to cut some high temp rigid hose that was part of the oil filter kit in my car. All too easy.

Amazing cutting power in a thin, light package. I also have a E4 :spyder: edge wave and USN E4, but my E3 is absolutely my favorite.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I'm digging a CE Endura 3 with ATS-55 steel right now as my "extra" knife in addition to my regular EDC setup. The tip lost about 1/4" before it came into my possession so it has a modified tip. It looks ever so slightly like a Caly model. :)
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

I like them, too!
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

A FRN Endura was my first spyderco, and constant companion for 8 years. I have a bunch of Enduras now, including my first, and it's still carryable, with the FRN clip intact. It just got smoother and smoother over the years.

I have around a hundred Spydercos, and rarely am without an endura. I usually carry others in addition to an endura. Others that get carry are Stretch models, Police 3, Millie, and Caly 3. Para millie, ATR, Volpe, and delica have had time in my pockets, but not as much lately.

I began with a FRN Serrated G-2 ( Gin -1) endura and now carry a FRN ZDp plain edge, sometimes going to Serrated. I can't wait to get a new FFG ZDP endura evolved endura or two.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

i try to change my work edc every few weeks but the endura keeps making its way back into my pocket, today it is sent an ATR packing. :p
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I wasn't an Endura fan when i got the USN one, but I was quickly hooked by how it felt in my hand! I then got a Pink E4 CE for Nat'l Breast Cancer Awareness month, followed shortly thereafter by an E4 ZDP SE, both at great discounts. I've now got my eyes on a basic E4 CE now that it's on the discontinued list and heavily discounted.

The E4's long reach and natural 'pointability' make it a joy to use. Earlier tonight, I used it to open a bunch of Amazon boxes with ease and safety while holding my one-year-old. The E4 is definitely a winner!

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
JediKnight86

Post by JediKnight86 »

iwolf81 wrote:I wasn't an Endura fan when i got the USN one, but I was quickly hooked by how it felt in my hand! I then got a Pink E4 CE for Nat'l Breast Cancer Awareness month, followed shortly thereafter by an E4 ZDP SE, both at great discounts. I've now got my eyes on a basic E4 CE now that it's on the discontinued list and heavily discounted.

The E4's long reach and natural 'pointability' make it a joy to use. Earlier tonight, I used it to open a bunch of Amazon boxes with ease and safety while holding my one-year-old. The E4 is definitely a winner!

Regards,
Ira
I'm telling you find a FRN E3 you'll love it. And you can also get the E4 wave in fully serrated and swap on those green USN handle scales if you want.
Hi my name is Alex and I'm a Spyderholic :D
SmoothOne25

Post by SmoothOne25 »

i love my enduras. not too big imo. i grabbed a few copies since the dc'd list. kc doesn't ship on Friday so i will post them Tuesday when i get them on Tuesday
--an eye for an eye--

"You can't escape yourself."
calyco

Post by calyco »

Agreed OP, SE Endura was my first spydie bought back in 1995. Love that thing, it was my edc for 7 years, even before I knew what EDC was :p . I recently replaced it with a Pacific Salt, very similar and both good users (actually I like the Salt's design a tad better). Endura/Salt are the best spydies for price and performance IMO, you can beat on them and not worry about scuffing them up like you do with more expensive knives.
Manix Guy 2

No Biggie

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

There is nothing wrong with your opinoin with the Endura a very fine kinfe and a fave of mine . Enjoy , MG2
tradja

Post by tradja »

I never thought I'd be an Endura fan, but here I am with an E4W and a green E4 CE. Slim, lightweight, and a great value.