Mule Team Blade In!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
gull wing

Mule Team Blade In!

Post by gull wing »

Just in! :)
It's very well done, I'm pleased with it. Much lighter than I expected(holes I guess). High quality work here, as the Sage is. Wish these people would have done the CATas well.
This is going to make a fine knife when I put those wood scales on and make a sheath. :D
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Mine came in today also. I put one side to side with an S90V Mule and the handle and all holes were in perfect alignment. The Chinese Mule has a few physical differences. It is sharp, but not as uniformly as my other Mules. It is much shinier and the holes are cleaner; the S90V like my M4 Mule has notches and burrs in the holes. The FFG blade is not as uniformly flat, you can see VERY shallow hollows similar to two 440C Chinese FFG knives I have. The 9Cr18 blade is about 1/16" longer than the S90V.

I don't think these differences are important.

Which is to say they still seem a fine value and after I bash one up, I may get more.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
BuffaloBill

Post by BuffaloBill »

i may pick one up and try my hand with some paracord.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Click (needs updating)
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

I'm guessing tomorrow for me.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

mine is scheduled for wednesday hopefully i get my rescues, spins, and natives in wednesday maybe even my captain if the shipment came in. I also got the spyder decals with my mules
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Does anybody know if the whole knife is made in China, or is it just the steel that is imported from China and then Golden cuts them out of the sheets, grinds, and sharpens them?

It seems that it would be easiest to keep everything consistent (except the steel of course) if only one factory was responsible for all the finishing work that goes into turning the steel into a knife.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

My 6 came today. :) Just handling a few now.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder: