MT05P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring 9Cr18Mo

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

I just tried that trick that folks were using on the forum Natives, tried to order 999 and was told there were only 591 left. i wish I would have thought to do that when they were first available to confirm my theory that they made 1000.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
npueppke

Post by npueppke »

Sequimite wrote:I just tried that trick that folks were using on the forum Natives, tried to order 999 and was told there were only 591 left. i wish I would have thought to do that when they were first available to confirm my theory that they made 1000.
If you'da done that soon enough, you would have ended up with 999 Mule Teams :-P.
gtrtech

Post by gtrtech »

Sequimite wrote:I just tried that trick that folks were using on the forum Natives, tried to order 999 and was told there were only 591 left. i wish I would have thought to do that when they were first available to confirm my theory that they made 1000.
I did that about 15 minutes after they went on sale, I believe 800 is where they started.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.
"Ted Nugent"

Club 71
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

I am sure that part of what's going on (or, not going on) here is that the "I don't buy it unless it's made in the US or in Deutschland" crowd are staying away from this because it is made in China.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

waiting until my next payday (tomorrow). I just spent $650 on spydies at knife center. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
JLS

Post by JLS »

clovisc, due to people like you getting them over the weekend, I wonder how many will be left by Monday.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

JLS wrote:clovisc, due to people like you getting them over the weekend, I wonder how many will be left by Monday.
I'm sure that there will be enough left on Monday for more people to order.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Clovisc,

I think there will be plenty left for you.

Maybe this steel is not exotic enough for the hardcore steel junkies. I'm looking at it as a great chance to learn new skills and not be so afraid of ruining an expensive blade. I hope to finish a few decent knives I can give as gifts.

You must have put in one heck of an order at KC.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

JLS wrote:clovisc, due to people like you getting them over the weekend, I wonder how many will be left by Monday.
I'll guess 523. Although the first weekend may cause a slight bump, each subsequent day should have less sales. If favorable reports start coming in next week, they may cause both new people to order and reorders.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I'll be calling in to the SFO tommorrow to order my 4 so i get free shipping and i plan on really abusing atleast one of these. Think i might have a new throwing knife. Cringe if you will the mules were made for abuse.
dolphincry

Post by dolphincry »

woohooo thanks Spyderco!
My favourite :spyder: is my next one
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

I see mine shipped today :D
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

sarguy

Post by sarguy »

VashHash wrote:I'll be calling in to the SFO tommorrow to order my 4 so i get free shipping and i plan on really abusing atleast one of these. Think i might have a new throwing knife. Cringe if you will the mules were made for abuse.
Right on! I was considering the same thing.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

Tank

Post by Tank »

I really want one but I am unemployed and it's either this or the hawkbill ladybug when it comes out. I have to wait. Wish I could just buy both but oh well.
-John
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

dsmegst wrote: You must have put in one heck of an order at KC.
it was hard not to with such great deals on the schempp knives, and the captain. :D

i'm psyched for these mules, as well. :D
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

clovisc wrote:it was hard not to with such great deals on the schempp knives, and the captain. :D

i'm psyched for these mules, as well. :D
Only the fact that I'm flat broke saves me from following your example at KC.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

4 Mules and spyderco decals ordered. Ed Schemmp Kris ordered too hopefully i can get another so i'll be able to EDC one kris and have a back up. Come on October 30th so i can get paid AGAIN. Spyderco gets all my money lol
JLS

Post by JLS »

Seeing that there are still 530 left, I'm no longer embarrassed to admit that I have 16 Mules arriving today. Those are supplying 12 different people with knives, so I'm hoping to make a few more :spyder: converts.

I have 4 of the blades for me, but there may be more in my future. I don't know if I make throwing knives out of them, but maybe one or two in each vehicle and just some general beater knives.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
hijjt

Post by hijjt »

Mine shipped yesterday along with a swick... Now to learn how to make sheaths
:spyder: hijjt
||Centofante III, Caly 3 ZDP, Manix 2 CF, Manix 2 G10 PE, Mule S90V, Mule CPM M4, P'Kal, Tenacious (AWOL), White FRN Dragonfly, Para-Military, Lava, Mule 9cr18Mo, Swick s30v, Vesuvius Ats-34, Meerkat, Baliyo Green-Gray Handles, BlueGreen Meerkat, Pacific Salt, Mule CPM-S35VN, Green Endura Flat Ground, Smallfly, Matriarch Brown SE, UK Penknife Maroon Drop Point Combo Edge, Grasshopper ||
gac

Post by gac »

Thank you Gerard, your order has been submitted.

I figure it will probably go out in today's UPS pickup and I should get it next Tues or so. But probably not; knives always take too long to arrive.