Mule Wraps.....

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Mule Wraps.....

Post by Marion David Poff »

I am really digging on this Mule thing.

It was my b-day this last Friday, and I received the latest Mule Team, in ZDP-189, and so I wrapped it, and some of my other Mules up, just to see what they are like.

I will be offering a service of cord wrapping a Mule and making a Concealex sheath, so this was kind of a test run. I really like the feel of 2mm accessory cord.

I unwrapped a couple of them, and re-wrapped my ZDP-189 Mule with the 2mm accessory cord, I quite like it.

What do you all think?
Marion David Poff
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

i like the wrapping on the S90V mule seems very grippy and the two lanyard knots at the end look good too
Marion David Poff
Banned

VashHash wrote:i like the wrapping on the S90V mule seems very grippy and the two lanyard knots at the end look good too
Thank you, that Strider Wrap is a nice way to cord wrap a knife.

The knots are Diamond Knots, also known as Lanyard Knots.

Marion
Marion David Poff
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

Nice work. If it were my personal knife, I would prefer some sort of more finished appearance of the wrap at the end of the handle before the knots, though I know you are limited by the position and number of holes. Out of the four, I most like the "Strider" pattern and the size of the neon yellow/green cord. :)
Marion David Poff
Banned

Padawan wrote:Nice work. If it were my personal knife, I would prefer some sort of more finished appearance of the wrap at the end of the handle before the knots, though I know you are limited by the position and number of holes.
Thank you. A holes are limiting, but when you speak of a more finished look, maybe you could expand that idea?
Padawan wrote:Out of the four, I most like the "Strider" pattern and the size of the neon yellow/green cord. :)
Yeah, the Strider Wrap makes for the most usable and best looking wrap in my opinion, and that is the one I carry daily.

The neon yellow/green cord is the one I put on my ZDP-189 Mule.

Marion
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

I also like the wrap on the S90V. Looks quite nice!!! Great work :)
Vic
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

VashHash wrote:i like the wrapping on the S90V mule
Padawan wrote:Out of the four, I most like the "Strider" pattern...
StangBang wrote:I also like the wrap on the S90V.
Here's yet another vote for the Strider style wrapping. :)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Marion David Poff
Banned

Thanks guys.

Marion
Padawan

Post by Padawan »

Marion David Poff wrote:Thank you. A holes are limiting, but when you speak of a more finished look, maybe you could expand that idea?
I'm not quite sure how to put it into words. The rest of the wrap has such an orderly pattern, but the end near the knots seems a little less, symmetrical, maybe? Out of the bunch, I think the "Strider" wrap definitely has the nicest end treatment, and is probably the best way to do it considering the placement of the holes.
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

Nice work, I was trying to find a way to wrap my mules and you gave me a few ideas. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your wrap style.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
Marion David Poff
Banned

dsmegst wrote:Nice work, I was trying to find a way to wrap my mules and you gave me a few ideas. I hope you don't mind me borrowing your wrap style.
Make it happen man. : )

Marion
Marion David Poff
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I get my S90V mule in tommorrow someone was gracious enough to let me take one off their hands for them. I'd personally like to get Peel Ply CF handle scales for it but what i'd like and what i can actually get are two different things. It's already wrapped though and if i don't like it i can just rewrap it probably do the strider wrap they show it on their site
Monkeywrangler

Post by Monkeywrangler »

I like the top (black) wrap best. What would you charge to wrap a mule like that? Also have you done that pattern in the thinner 2mm cord? Any pics of it?

Thanks
Not Forgotten:
LCpl. John Dewey Killen III
MSgt. Timothy Roy Bodden

Don't the sun look angry through the trees?
Don't the trees look like crucified thieves?
Marion David Poff
Banned

Monkeywrangler wrote:I like the top (black) wrap best. What would you charge to wrap a mule like that? Also have you done that pattern in the thinner 2mm cord? Any pics of it?

Thanks
I sent an email.

Marion
Marion David Poff
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I strider wrapped my 9Cr18Mo. It's not as clean as yours is but i did it pretty quick and without a vice or anything covering the blade. I was too overjoyed with the arrival of my knives to worry about an exposed edge. I also didn't worry about stopping my hand from bleeding either after i cut it. Luckily i have a diet high in iron and I stopped bleeding pretty fast it wasn't a bad cut at all just deep enough to bleed. I'll use tape next time.
Marion David Poff
Banned

Knives will bite you, if you let them.

My ZDP189 Mule fell off a coffee table into my foot, YOW!

Marion
Marion David Poff
Marion David Poff
Banned

A couple new wraps I did....

Marion
Marion David Poff