Spyderco TOAD!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jonUSA,EARTH

Spyderco TOAD!!

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

hey fellas....and ladies :o ,
I finally foand my Toad, been lookin for a long time now and found one at a site called jaysknives.com.Great place for Mint condition Discontinued Spydies, got my Lightweight Dyad jr. there too.
My question to you is do you think $130 was a decent price and is this knife one of the more rare :spyder: 's are was i just lookin in the wrong places.
Does anybody have any cool pics they'd like to share of their little Toad, i'd love to see some and hears everyones thoughts on this knife, is it the ultimate LBK?

-jon
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Jon, the Toad is very uncommonly seen today and is special in that it is the only D'Holder / Spyderco Collab. I am not lucky enough to own one but I did handle one years ago and it was small but it was solid.

There are plenty of fans here of the smaller Spyders like the Toad and the Mouse. Those are really special pieces IMO.

Enjoy it and I hope you don't ever let it hop away! :D
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
jonUSA,EARTH

Post by jonUSA,EARTH »

Hillbillenigma wrote:Jon, the Toad is very uncommonly seen today and is special in that it is the only D'Holder / Spyderco Collab. I am not lucky enough to own one but I did handle one years ago and it was small but it was solid.

There are plenty of fans here of the smaller Spyders like the Toad and the Mouse. Those are really special pieces IMO.

Enjoy it and I hope you don't ever let it hop away! :D
Don't plan on ever letting this one go...took me a long time to find it... :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RJNC

Post by RJNC »

They go like 110$ on Ebay so I'd say you got a good price.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

hmmm...that's expensive for a Toad..specially when you can get tadpoles real cheap and let them grow into toads..... :p ::p ...great little knife! Enjoy the fact that is a rare one...good score!......Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
supmonkeyface

Post by supmonkeyface »

AUS-8 right? Bleh! Don't get me wrong though. I would get one too, for maybe $80. I hate that steel more than elephants hate mice.
T-Mag (awesome), PE Endura Wave, PE FRN Dragonfly, SE Delica4 FG, PE Manix FG, Lava, Swick-(2009), SE Blue Do-Do, Karambit, SE Para-Military, SE Micarta Spot, Bug, Hossom Forester, 2009 Forum Native, Spyderhawk Salt SE
dialex

Post by dialex »

Congratulations on your little knife. Enjoy it, those are pretty hard to find nowadays.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.