Please pray for my family

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
knifedude

Please pray for my family

Post by knifedude »

I spent most of last year off hurt with a work related injury that required two surgeries to fix. I finally got to go back to work the Second week of January but it was very slow and I was not able to get very many hours. In Feb. I got a call that my mom was in the hospital in Texas and not doing well. After getting permission, from the owner of the company that I worked for, I went down to see her. While I was down there I called to check in at work and was told that I no longer had a job. At the same time I found out that my mom was terminal, at the young age of 62, and that she only had a short time to live. After getting back home and looking for a job with no success ( things are really tough here in Southeast Kansas, there are no jobs available) I was forced to file for unemployment and shortly after the benifits started they stopped because my employer was fighting it even though he told me that he laid me off and that if it got busy again he would call me. Not only did my unemployment get denied now the state wants the money back that they started paying me. My mom died the first week in June and since that time my grandpa, which I am also very close with, has also been in the hospital and almost died. Thankfully my wife is still working but with three kids her small salary only goes so far. We are very strong in our faith and I know that God has a plan but I equally know that I don't know what that plan is. I know that there are alot of people out there worse off than we are and I pray for them. Please pray that I will make the right choices and that I will be able to find a job soon before we loose everything!

THANK YOU-----Jeff

GOD BLESS!!!
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

Life can be very sinister when it comes to timing. Life also has a way of turning itself around when you least expect it. Things will get better. Stay strong and good luck.
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Wow...You have my prayers and best wishes, Jeff. :)
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
v8r

Post by v8r »

Jeff always remember the good lord will never lay anything on you that you can't handle.I know that's probably not much comfort, but it's true.Hang in there buddy. :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

prayers sent..hope it turns around for you
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
gac

Post by gac »

I hope things get worked out. All my best and hope for you and your family. Remember that even if things get worse you still have your wife, children, and other family - don't let the stress and uncertainty of poor health and money get in between that.
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

Prayers sent. Hang in there.

Canis
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
asfaltpiloot

Post by asfaltpiloot »

Good thoughts send your way.
Hope everything turns out ok.
Robert

"Never leave home without a knife,
one day it may save a life"
Noble

Post by Noble »

You and Yours are in our prayers Mate, hang in there.
The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of meeting deadlines is forgotten.

My Dream Knife: Paramilitary with FFG H1. GITD G10.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Your family is in our prayers. Trials can bring a family closer together and the value of them may not be apparent until years later.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
ront

Post by ront »

+1 to what v8r said!!

Ron
v8r wrote:Jeff always remember the good lord will never lay anything on you that you can't handle.I know that's probably not much comfort, but it's true.Hang in there buddy. :)
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

We don't know one another Knifedude....but my heart goes out to you!...I'll send my prayers as I believe they are very powerful and if I can help in any other way please PM me knifebro....May God Bless you and yours and look after you....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

knifedude wrote:I spent most of last year off hurt with a work related injury that required two surgeries to fix. I finally got to go back to work the Second week of January but it was very slow and I was not able to get very many hours. In Feb. I got a call that my mom was in the hospital in Texas and not doing well. After getting permission, from the owner of the company that I worked for, I went down to see her. While I was down there I called to check in at work and was told that I no longer had a job. At the same time I found out that my mom was terminal, at the young age of 62, and that she only had a short time to live. After getting back home and looking for a job with no success ( things are really tough here in Southeast Kansas, there are no jobs available) I was forced to file for unemployment and shortly after the benifits started they stopped because my employer was fighting it even though he told me that he laid me off and that if it got busy again he would call me. Not only did my unemployment get denied now the state wants the money back that they started paying me. My mom died the first week in June and since that time my grandpa, which I am also very close with, has also been in the hospital and almost died. Thankfully my wife is still working but with three kids her small salary only goes so far. We are very strong in our faith and I know that God has a plan but I equally know that I don't know what that plan is. I know that there are alot of people out there worse off than we are and I pray for them. Please pray that I will make the right choices and that I will be able to find a job soon before we loose everything!

THANK YOU-----Jeff

GOD BLESS!!!
Definately, bro - it'll all be used for good - God'll bless you all. I'm deeply sorry about your Mom and, having lost both parents way too soon, I know how you feel (if that helps :( ). I hope your Grandpa is okay. Stay strong in faith.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

You will be included in my list of folks that I pray for Jeff.

It will get better. God had never once let me down. Never.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
bh49

Post by bh49 »

You and your family is in my prayers.
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Mitko

Post by Mitko »

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places..." Ernest Hemingway.

Be strong!
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

Prayers sent.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I lost my Mom at 67, so I understand what you are dealing with. Don't worry, things will improve.

Remember, you have a wife and kids who love you.

Sounds to me you have an awful boss. Before you do anything, get some legal advice in dealing with the state.

Hang in there.
knifedude

Post by knifedude »

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers I really appreciate
them. I am just taking each day as it comes trying to see what God has in store for us. I know that God is amazing and does amazing things I just have to remember that it is on his time schedule and not mine.
GOD BLESS!!!
Jeff :spyder::D
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. Things certainly are tough here in Kansas with all the layoffs by Hawker and Cessna and even Spirit. Each of those company layoffs effect even more surrounding companies... I don't know where you are from in Southeast Kansas I am in Wichita (well, Derby anyways) and have seen the effects of the economy first hand.

I hope everything turns out for you bro. The Big Guy upstairs has a plan for each of us, things tend to get darkest just before dawn they say. Hang in there he will take care of you and your family :)
Vic