P'kla lock question

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
merciful

P'kal lock question

Post by merciful »

I recall that, when I received my P'kal, it required pressure on both sides of the caged lock to disengaged the lock. Now, it's unlocks with pressure on one side or the other (still more than is required if both sides are used, but nothing that can't easily be applied with a finger). The lock itself still seems absolutely solid, but I wonder if I there's anything to be concerned about. Any comments?
Those who give up their freedom for safety will soon find that they have neither.[SIZE="-1"][/size]
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It sounds like it is beginning to break in. I can release most of my ball lock knives from one side, but it is easier from both sides at once. The caged lock is probably the same way. As long as the lockup remains solid, the knife should be just fine.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
merciful

Post by merciful »

Thanks: that's about what I figured, but I thought I'd better check. Man, what a great knife to carry every day.
Those who give up their freedom for safety will soon find that they have neither.[SIZE="-1"][/size]
slice22358

Post by slice22358 »

merciful wrote:Thanks: that's about what I figured, but I thought I'd better check. Man, what a great knife to carry every day.
indeed front right pocket all day everyday
Feeding the addiction

Proud member of The Cult of the Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.