Lets show our appreciation to the warranty and repair crew

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
supermatch38sa

Lets show our appreciation to the warranty and repair crew

Post by supermatch38sa »

HI guys,
I have had the pleasure of having my spydies serviced by Spyderco´s Warranty and Repair crew quite a few times recently and the service performed has been superb and second to none (fast, friendly and reliable). I want to thank all of the crew there but specially to CHARLYNN, she´s been so helpful and nice that´s no wonder Spyderco is such a respected and reliable company.
Lets show our appreciation to Charlynn and the rest of the crew at W&R, please let the people there know that we are grateful for the efforts made to keep us Spydermaniacs Happy. Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Arce, Spain to you all my friends, :D
Jose
Jose
¨PRICE IS FORGOTTEN, QUALITY IS EVERLASTING¨

Post by 5.56 »

I have never had to service or repair any of my spydies, I guess that speaks a lot in itself. Thanks Spyderco. :)
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Agree 100%!! I've had Charlynn help me through several issues and her attention to getting my problems resolved were top notch!! One time she even called me proactively to alert me to an issue. This is one reason why I am so committed to Spyderco as a company (in addtion to the outstanding knives... :D ).
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
Toad310

Post by Toad310 »

Thanking the crew in advance of any future, and hopefully unlikely problems.

With all best wishes,

Toad310
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Only thing I've ever sent in was my serrated Delica to be sharpened (I don't have a sharpmaker yet, but it's in the near future). It came back sharper than when I bought it new and I'm very pleased with it. Keep up the good work!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
supermatch38sa

Post by supermatch38sa »

5.56 wrote:I have never had to service or repair any of my spydies, I guess that speaks a lot in itself. Thanks Spyderco. :)
All of the work needed on my spydies have been my fault and/or neglect and using the knives to do things you wouldn´t ask a pry bar to do. They are the best knives around but sometimes we demand them to perform things that they simply were not designed for.
Regards:
Jose :)
Jose
¨PRICE IS FORGOTTEN, QUALITY IS EVERLASTING¨
Sammax

Post by Sammax »

Used the sharpening service and was very pleased!

Thanks Spyderco crew!
a.k.a. Donnie
phaust

Post by phaust »

I've never had to send in a knife, but it's the peace of mind that has kept me buying more.
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

I have not sent any in yet, but I have found that that attitude and courtesy extends throughout the company.

Kristi and Rachel in the SFO, for instance, helping get knives to my PO box, because I would not be able to get them through UPS or Fedex.

It seems to be the everyday way of doing things there, and I, for one, greatly appreciate it.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
redyps04

Post by redyps04 »

supermatch38sa wrote:HI guys,
I have had the pleasure of having my spydies serviced by Spyderco´s Warranty and Repair crew quite a few times recently and the service performed has been superb and second to none (fast, friendly and reliable). I want to thank all of the crew there but specially to CHARLYNN, she´s been so helpful and nice that´s no wonder Spyderco is such a respected and reliable company.
Lets show our appreciation to Charlynn and the rest of the crew at W&R, please let the people there know that we are grateful for the efforts made to keep us Spydermaniacs Happy. Thanks a lot.
Greetings from Arce, Spain to you all my friends, :D
Jose
You beat me to it, supermatch. I was just about to post a thread on this very same thing. I recently had a warranty issue that Charlynn resolved in a manner that was so fast and professional I have to say it left me a little confused at first. It seems that maybe because the economy is in a downturn or maybe even the morals of business are slowly changing that good customer service and a company that sticks behind thier products/mistakes is in the minority these days. When other companies are moving away from keeping thier customers happy in leiu of a quick buck, Spyderco is doing just the opposite. I can't say how refreshing that is. I think I'll just have to show my appreciation by buying some more Spydies! :)
Murdoc

Post by Murdoc »

I had the pleasure to deal with Charlynn more than once, and every single time she and her service team were very helpful and kind. Even when it came to sending me some replacement parts, they helped me without hesitation.

One reason I love Spydies so much and keep buying them is of course their design and quality; but since I met Sal, Eric, Gail, Ed & Jurphaas a few times and mailed with Charlynn and Kristi, the people behind the brand are nearly as important to me as the knives themselves!

Dennis
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

Spyderco products and service and the best in the market for what I want and need.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
pcsheriff1

W&r

Post by pcsheriff1 »

We needed some clip screws to replace one that came loose and got lost. I called W&R and had the screws in a couple of days. This was a S&S issue and the fast turn around was much appreciated. Kudos to the Spyderco Crew.
todd
GG

Post by GG »

Sorry, I CAN 'T say anything nice about them. Well, I can't say anything BAD about them either.... Spyderco is the ONE brand I've NEVER has to send in for service of any kind! :D
gg
v8r

Post by v8r »

They did a nice job on My Lum Ti Tanto that I let a goof ball at Bass Pro sharpen(really my own stupid fault:rolleyes :) .He messed it all up.Sent 20 bucks to W&R to refinish and regrind the tip,and they sent my check back and requested that I only send them a check back for 5. :confused: So I did that and sent them a few more knives to sharpen.Believe me they work too cheap, and do top notch work. :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

The whole staff (not just W & R) is to be commended. I've dealt with Spyderco directly twice. Once to have my Caly 3 repaired and once to purchase something. I dealt with different people on both occasions (couldn't tell you for sure who it was) but both times the gals were very helpful and resolved my issues 110%. Top notch customer service.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I definitely want to thank the whole crew at Spyderco for the amazing job they do. Recently I bought a used SS Delica that was the dullest knife I have ever seen. I also recently bought a sharpmaker and did the worse job you could imagine on trying to sharpen my D4.

I still have not figured out how to sharpen on that **** thing. Anyway, I digress. I sent them both in and they came back like razor blade. I couldn't be happier. Now, if I could put myself in a box and mail myself to Spyderco, perhaps they could fix my sharpening skills.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
christopher

Post by christopher »

Their being there and the quality of their service makes them the standard in the industry. Just give them a try. Unfortunately I haven't. My around 100 knives and never has one broken. Says a lot for the quality control as well.

Chris :) :) :)
CathastrophiX

Post by CathastrophiX »

Charlynn sent me (in Sweden) replacement screws for a liner, and a Spyderco catalogue, for free -Thanks! :)
fredswartz

Great Service!

Post by fredswartz »

I can't say enough about the Spyderco warranty crew. I like old Spyderco knives as well as new ones. I have gotten several early knives from ebay that were pretty much trashed cosmetically but the SS models are basically indestructible mechanically. I spent time with a profile stone and emery cloth to get the big dings and scratches out. I sent them to Spyderco and for a pittance, they came back looking like new, both scales and blade.