Score at the A.G. Russell show

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
CombatGrappler

Score at the A.G. Russell show

Post by CombatGrappler »

Finally found the time to get to the A.G. Russell show today. Of course, my son and I made a bee line for the Spyderco booth. The lovely and helpful Kelly let us handle a ton of knives and gave us some sweet Spyderco stickers. She even gave my son the last Phoenix pin she had. Thanks, Kelly!

We made our way through the tables and saw a lot of nice custom knives, but I'm a Spydie fan at heart, so I had my eyes open for Spydies. My son pointed out a case that had a few and after talking to the gentleman for a minute he pulled out several plastic tubs full of rare Spydies! He had green and blue Lum Chinese models, Ti and G10 handled Lum Tantos, several Starmates, colored Centofantes, lefty CF Police, Ti Police...all kinds of rare Spydies. He had a CF Harpy for 60 bucks that wish I had snagged. Dang! I've got the dealer's business card if anyone wants to contact him about what he's got in stock. Just shoot me a PM.

I bought a C27S Jess Horn, a C94GPDK DK Pen Knife, a stainless serrated Jester and a stainless serrated Ladybug. Grand total was $285. The Jess Horn had the zipper pouch and the others had their boxes. Not a bad haul, if I do say so myself! :D Oh, and I picked up an A.G. Russell Beak for some yard work that needs doing at my new place.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic. We just moved and the camera is still in limbo.
Attachments
img048.jpg
img048.jpg (92.69 KiB) Viewed 1866 times
Flinx

Post by Flinx »

My nephew and I stopped at the same table!! I almost pulled the trigger on that Lava he was selling for $65!! You're not kidding about him having some rare Spydies.

I was also eying that carbon fibre Ladybug!

Good score!

We made out pretty well at the Spyderco booth as well. Kelly was great to talk to! She gave us many stickers today. My nephew also picked up his first Spyderco. He bought a Tenacious!

I'm so happy that A.G. decided to start this last year, and I hope it keeps going for several more.

John
Tom Krein

Post by Tom Krein »

Sounds like you got some SWEET buys! Good thing I didn't see this dealer as I would have sprung for that Lava!! Spent most of the day behind the table... :)

Good times!

Tom
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Nice score on the Jess Horn.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

Tom Krein wrote:Sounds like you got some SWEET buys! Good thing I didn't see this dealer as I would have sprung for that Lava!! Spent most of the day behind the table... :)

Good times!

Tom
Dang it, I knew I was forgetting something. I meant to swing back by your table and say hi before I left the show. I was so pumped up from the Spydies that I wasn't thinking straight, LOL.
Hillbillenigma

Post by Hillbillenigma »

Wish I had seen that guy, I was too busy looking at other stuff and didn't think to ask if anyone had any Spyders under their Table.

Good Score.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The Marines don't have that problem."
~ Ronald Reagan, 1985
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

I wonder if I should feel guilty that I didn't even really consider buying anything from the custom makers. I walked the whole floor and said hi to a lot of folks, but once I saw those Spydies....my wallet just appeared in my hand. Yesterday put me right at 50 Spyderco knives in my collection.
DaddyBarlow

Post by DaddyBarlow »

I loved the AG Russell show. I bought some great customs, talked to a bunch of makers. I gave some great deals and got some great deals.

The funny thing was, no one ever bought the Lava (it was a numbered piece). I'll be there again next year!
oregon

Post by oregon »

CombatGrappler,

How do you like the A. G. Russell Beak?

I don't know that I could get over have a two-handed opener with a pocket clip. The Spydercos have set a high standard for other knives to rise above.

Would you characterize the Beak as a hard use knife?

Is there enough curvature to the hawkbill blade as you need?

How does it compare to the one-hand-opener Byrd G10 Crossbill, it has the same blade steel, if you have one.

Thank you kindly.

oregon
CombatGrappler

Post by CombatGrappler »

Replied in your thread over in Off-Topic.